Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:45 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I might get a DeCastro or a Pouncey jersey next. Woodley or Timmons wouldn't be bad neither.

I got a Tommy Maddox jersey when I was a frosh in HS and that year he got hurt and replaced. Got a Porter jersey the year we won the Super Bowl, got released. Got a ARE jersey right after the Super Bowl, walked. Got a Plex jersey, walked. Got a Mendenhall jersey before last season, about to walk. Got a Wallace jersey on Christmas, probably gone.
i have an authentic pouncey one, everyone loves it...my friend was like damn your probably one of 300 people in the world that have an offensive lineman jersey
Quote:
Read that Kelvin Beachem got into two tussles today at practice. I like that.

Colon/Pouncey and LT/Carter got into one yesterday along with AB and RC.

Colon is a bad ************.
when asked what colon was upset about in starting the little scuffle with timmons, tomlin responded "life" lol
Old 07-30-2012, 08:24 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Ike Taylor: "Emmanuel Sanders has gotten a whole lot better than last year. A whole lot better. 360 degrees. Day and night. #Steelers"

Nice to hear about Sanders though.
They were matched up in training camp alot, Ike allways got the better of him

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:28 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see a ton of Pouncey jerseys at the stadium when I get down there. After the years we went through, people love hearing everyone say we have a good offensive lineman.

No one ever accused Ike of being smart. Just check his twitter.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:39 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love my pouncey jersey, i kinda hate that other people are getting them now. i got one cause it was so different

Last edited by K Train : 08-03-2012 at 09:01 AM.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like Steve McClendon and Cam Heyward are dominating.

Adrian Robinson keeps beating people with speed and a spin move. Unless Worilds goes on the PUP list or IR, Robinson for sure made the practice squad.

Chris Carter is also impressing.

Cortez Allen is going to be a stud.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terry Carter got waived because he got hurt. It's a shame because he was having a nice camp and was on track to make the team. He'll go on IR if he clears and try next year.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
As for the punch thrown by Colon, a fight had broken out between old college teammates Heyward and Mike Adams after the left tackle had buried Heyward on a play during team scrimmage. The two started fighting and Colon pulled Heyward off of Adams. Heyward appeared to have said something to Colon, who squared up and punched Heyward in the facemask. Those two began to scuffle but teammates intervened and someone yanked Colon’s helmet off to end the fight.

Love this.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:15 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cam Heyward was one of my favorite Buckeyes in the time I was there. I'm still expecting him to be a great part of our defense.

Old 08-04-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd bring in Jeff Otah for a workout in a week or two, see where he is. We've got Starks injured, Otah injured couldn't be worse.

As long as he's not obese and completely out of shape, we could use the depth down the line.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

He didn't pass a physical with the Jets. If he was worth anything at all he'd either be a Panther or a Jet at this point. Nothing to see there.

Old 08-04-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Mike Adams is the starting LT as of now. Passed Essex.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
He didn't pass a physical with the Jets. If he was worth anything at all he'd either be a Panther or a Jet at this point. Nothing to see there.
He's not completely healed though, suffered another setback. In any case, it's a longshot.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 08-04-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Mike Adams is the starting LT as of now. Passed Essex.
Great to hear. We don't give out starting gigs easily, so that's somewhat telling of his skills.

I say somewhat because the competition was Essex, after all.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 08-04-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I'm just glad the team FINALLY has some good depth along the OL. If one of the tackles get hurt, Essex/Starks can go in and play. If one of the guards get cut, Essex and Foster go in. If Pouncey hurts his ankle again, Legs(ew) and Essex can play. Also, Kelvin Beachem is playing pretty well too. I think he's a PS player, but one to look out for.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

The line has plenty of depth, one of the areas I'm the least worried about, which I can't believe I just actually typed after the last couple seasons.

Old 08-04-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Something interesting I gathered out of boredom. I listed all the players Kevin Colbert drafted in his tenure as GM and put their conference next to them. All but 1 draft left the process without Colbert taking a Big 10 player. Here are the players. I'm about to get busy so people can do the math on percentages if they want. Pretty interesting. He loves going after Big 10, SEC, and ACC players a lot. Very rarely does he go after small school guys.

2000:
Plaxico Burress- Big Ten (Michigan State)
Marvel Smith- Pac-12 (Arizona State)
Kendrick Clancy- SEC (Ole Miss)
Hank Poteat- Big East (Pittsburgh)
Danny Farmer- Pac-12 (UCLA)
Clark Haggans- Mountain West (Colorado State)
Tee Martin- SEC (Tennessee)
Chris Combs- ACC (Duke)
Jason Gavada- MAC (Kent State)

2001:
Casey Hampton- Big 12 (Texas)
Kendrell Bell- SEC (Georgia)
Mathias Nkwenti- Big East (Temple)
Chukky Okobi- Big 10 (Purdue)
Rodney Bailey- Big 10 (Ohio State)
Rodger Knight- Big 10 (Wisconsin)
Chris Taylor- SEC (Texas A&M)*formally of the Big 12

2002:
Kendrell Simmons- SEC (Auburn)
Antwaan Randle El- Big Ten (Indiana)
Chris Hope- ACC (Florida State)
Verron Haynes- SEC (Georgia)
Lee Mays- Conference USA (UTEP)
Lavar Glover- Big East (Cincinnati)
Brett Keisel- West Coast Conference (BYU) *formally of the Mountain West

2003:
Troy Polamalu- Pac-12 (USC)
Alonzo Jackson- ACC (Florida State)
Ike Taylor- Sun Belt (Louisiana-Lafayette)
Brian St. Pierre- ACC (Boston College)
J.T. Wall- SEC (Georgia)

2004:
Ben Roethlisberger- MAC (Miami. OH)
Ricardo Colclough- Division II (Tusculum)
Max Starks- SEC (Florida)
Nathaniel Adibi- ACC (Virginia Tech)
Bo Lacy- SEC (Arkansas)
Matt Kranchick- Big 10 (Penn State)
Drew Caylor- Pac 12 (Stanford)
Eric Taylor- Conference USA (Memphis)

2005:
Heath Miller- ACC (Virginia)
Bryant McFadden- ACC (Florida State)
Trai Essex- Big 10 (Northwestern)
Fred Gibson- SEC (Georgia)
Rian Wallace- Big East (Temple) *formally of the MAC
Chris Kemoeatu- Pac 12 (Utah) *formally of the Mountain West
Shaun Nua- West Coast conference (BYU) *formally of the Mountain West
Noah Herron- Big 10 (Northwestern)

2006:
Santonio Holmes- Big 10 (Ohio State)
Anthony Smith- Big East (Syracuse)
Willie Reid- ACC (Florida State)
Willie Colon- D1-AA (Hofstra)
Orien Harris- ACC (Miami Florida)
Omar Jacobs- MAC (Bowling Green)
Charles Davis- Big 10 (Purdue)
Marvin Phillip- Pac 12 (Cal)
Cedric Humes- ACC (Virginia Tech)

2007:
Lawrence Timmons- ACC (Florida State)
LaMarr Woodley- Big 10 (Michigan)
Matt Spaeth- Big 10 (Minnesota)
Daniel Sepulveda- Big 12 (Baylor)
Ryan McBean- Big 12 (Oklahoma State)
Cameron Stephenson- Big East (Rutgers)
William ***- Big East (Louisville)
Dallas Baker- SEC (Florida)

2008:
Rashard Mendenhall- Big 10 (Illinois)
Limas Sweed- Big 12 (Texas)
Bruce Davis- Pac 12 (UCLA)
Tony Hills- Big 12 (Texas)
Dennis Dixon- Pac 12 (Oregon)
Mike Humpal- Big 10 (Iowa)
Ryan Mundy- Big 12 (West Virginia) *formally of the big east

2009:
Ziggy Hood- SEC (Missouri) *formally of the big 12
Kraig Urbik- Big 10 (Wisconsin)
Mike Wallace- SEC (Ole Miss)
Keenan Lewis- Pac 12 (Oregon State)
Joe Burnett- Conference USA (UCF)
Frank Summers- Mountain West (UNLV)
Ra’Shon Harris- Pac 12 (Oregon)
AQ Shipley- Big 10 (Penn State)
David Johnson- Sun Belt (Arkansas State)

2010:
Maurkice Pouncey- SEC (Florida)
Jason Worilds- ACC (Virginia Tech)
Emmanuel Sanders- Conference USA (SMU)
Thaddeus Gibson- Big 10 (Ohio State)
Chris Scott- SEC (Tennessee)
Crezdon Butler- ACC (Clemson)
Stevenson Sylvester- Pac 12 (Utah) *formally the Mountain West
Jonathan Dwyer- ACC (Georgia Tech)
Antonio Brown- MAC (Central Michigan)
Doug Worthington- Big 10 (Ohio State)

2011:
Cameron Heyward- Big 10 (Ohio State)
Marcus Gilbert- SEC (Florida)
Curtis Brown- Big 12 (Texas)
Cortez Allen- D1-AA (Citadel)
Chris Carter- WAC (Fresno State)
Keith Williams- Big Ten (Nebraska) *no other Nebraska players were selected, so big 10 gets another one
Baron Batch- Big 12 (Texas Tech)

2012:
David Decastro- Pac12 (Stanford)
Mike Adams- Big 10 (Ohio State)
Sean Spence- ACC (Miami Fla)
Alameda Ta’Amu- Pac12 (Washington)
Chris Rainey- SEC (Florida)
Toney Clemons- Pac12 (Colorado)
David Paulson- Pac12 (Oregon)
Terrance Fredrick- SEC (Texas A&M) *formally the big 12
Kelvin Beachem- Conference USA (SMU)
Old 08-06-2012, 08:25 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

willie colon and cortez allen are the two that would come to mind as small school guys ioff the top of my head
Old 08-06-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Anybody think Derrick Harvey is worth a look for OLB depth? He was just released by Bengals.
And what happened to Thadieus Gibson?
Old 08-06-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

derrick harvey is terrible. i loved gibson, he was raw but he could have been awesome in a few years
Old 08-06-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

derrick harvey is terrible. i loved gibson, he was raw but he could have been awesome in a few years
Old 08-06-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just looking through all your drafts that were just posted, what happened to Urbik? I know you needed interior help on the OL did he not pan out or is the jury still out?

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Just looking through all your drafts that were just posted, what happened to Urbik? I know you needed interior help on the OL did he not pan out or is the jury still out?
For being a Wisconsin guy, he was soft and weak. Didn't fit in here in Pittsburgh. He's played well in Buffalo if I recall. I thought he was a sure fire starter and had a long career here. I was wrong.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:24 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

He's started and done well in Buffalo. Not sure why he looked as lost as he did in Pittsburgh.

Thad Gibson was a great Buckeye I hated losing him just cause they refused to put Smith IR.

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 08-07-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:23 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

hes been ok in buffalo, hes a bit overrated due to they play of levitre and wood i think
Old 08-08-2012, 07:37 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

@jimwexellIn 2 min drill, McLendon head up over DeCastro every play, and was blocked every play.

@BuzzsawPGHWhen it comes to the third team, Jerrod Johnson and Tyler Beiler form an unstoppable duo

@BuzzsawPGHDavid Johnson, Cortez Allen among those covering kicks interesting. John Clay is on kick return team blocking

@BuzzsawPGHThere's been a Toney Clemons sighting! Nice leaping catch in traffic in the back of the end zone

@BuzzsawPGHTyler Beiler has had a good day. Musta heard Tomlin's message about WRs beyond Big 3 being "inconsistent."

Rookies Mike Adams and David DeCastro will get the starts at left tackle and right guard, respectively, against the Eagles.

Adams will start because he's been better than Trai Essex at left tackle. DeCastro will be in there because Willie Colon is out with a sore ankle and Ramon Foster has shifted over to left guard.

I keep on seeing that Adams and DeCastro have been disappointing. I haven't seen it that way. In fact, let's wait until they play a couple of preseason games before we pass any judgment.

After all, Maurkice Pouncey didn't win the starting job until that third preseason game.

@ Cam Heyward is also out for Thursday's game, though I haven't been able to get to the bottom of why.

Heyward practiced Sunday and appeared fine. Then, he wasn't around on Tuesday.

@ It appears Cortez Allen will start in place of Keenan Lewis.

Lewis has been battling through a sore AC joint in his right shoulder, but it appears the team won't let him test it in a game.

Allen, by the way, has been the better of the two at training camp. Both, however, will see plenty of playing time, regardless of who wins the starting job.

@ I have really liked what I've seen of first-year quarterback Jerrod Johnson.

The big guy (6-5, 251) is extremely light on his feet and throws a nice ball.

He got a chance to run the two-minute offense Tuesday and didn't disappoint, leading his unit to a score on a pass over the middle to Derrick Williams. It was a nice throw and catch and I could see Johnson beating out Charlie Batch for the No. 3 job.

@ Tyler Beiler had a couple of nice catches on Tuesday and could be making a case for himself to stick on this roster.

With Mike Wallace still holding out, there is room for at least two of the "other" receivers in this camp to make the roster.

Mike Tomlin said Tuesday that the group has been inconsistent behind the top three, but Beiler is probably the most consistent of the group.