Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-05-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Are you seeing it? I'm not seeing it.
Starts in almost an hour lol. 430 central time. its 3:52 now ;)

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Starts in almost an hour lol. 430 central time. its 3:52 now ;)
Oh! I thought that was 4:30 EST! lol
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I was surprised you guys didn't draft a WR,
we did draft a reciever in the 5th round, but this is why we didnt draft one early

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/i...0104223808.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...tu2Rq/220x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...tx38L/439x.jpg

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/fi...793-123139.jpg

and can't forget this one

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Xel9sOr99k8/0.jpg

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/1124...asd_mb_600.jpg

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 08-05-2012 at 04:24 PM.
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Are you seeing it? I'm not seeing it.
Try this one if your still not seeing it

http://prod.www.cowboys.clubs.nfl.co...7-d79ed246198c

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 08-05-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Training camp FINALLY here! Where is everybody?

Giants lose T Thomas to a knee again. Sucks for that guy
I blame the Olympics. Since the Olympics app that NBC has is really bad I've been avoiding the internet like the plague. Don't want to get spoiled.

I have been going to BTB though. So far it seems that the younger guys on defense might be stepping up while Dez is supposed to be really tearing it up in camp. Murray is supposed to look as good as he did last year before the injury, but apparently the O-line isn't as good in the interior like we imagined.

I am wondering how good Carter and Connor looks. Same thing with Church. So far he's been getting praised, but I'm wondering if it's because he's the best of a bad lot or if he's really on to something.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Watching the scrimmage, Free was getting beat WAY to much too. Our Oline is going to stink!

Old 08-05-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Watching the scrimmage, Free was getting beat WAY to much too. Our Oline is going to stink!
lets not rush to judgement yet, its still a scrimmage there is a whole lot a football left, and if there is any consolation the giants o-line is maybe worse than the cowboys they won the super bowl
Old 08-05-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
lets not rush to judgement yet, its still a scrimmage there is a whole lot a football left, and if there is any consolation the giants o-line is maybe worse than the cowboys they won the super bowl
Lol well our line sucked last year too. Tell me how they got better? C G G MAJOR concerns. I hope Im wrong but from what Ive seen, its going to be another long year for Tony

Old 08-05-2012, 10:12 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Lol well our line sucked last year too. Tell me how they got better? C G G MAJOR concerns. I hope Im wrong but from what Ive seen, its going to be another long year for Tony
lets see how the line as a whole performs once livings and bernardeau are in there, costa sucks but if the guards can give more push in the running game then that will be an improvement overall in the line, i question this line too, but its only a week into training camp there is room for improvement and bill callahan come with the rep as one of the best o-line coaches, i'll reserve judgement until the 2nd or 3rd preseason game
Old 08-05-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
TheFlash (CDCB)
Rookie

TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are WAY overreacting to a week of training camp practices. Again, not to be cliche, but if you go by training camp practices everyone would either be a HOFer or doesn't belong on an NFL roster. No offense to you pocketaces, but I question your scouting abilities on the Free statement. He looked fine to me today, and he has been getting praise so far in camp. He is one of those guys who is getting overlooked but is doing his job, and that's a good thing.

Oh, and Scandrick had a great day of practice by all accounts... so yeah lol.
TheFlash (CDCB) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
TheFlash (CDCB)
Rookie

TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lets see how the line as a whole performs once livings and bernardeau are in there, costa sucks but if the guards can give more push in the running game then that will be an improvement overall in the line, i question this line too, but its only a week into training camp there is room for improvement and bill callahan come with the rep as one of the best o-line coaches, i'll reserve judgement until the 2nd or 3rd preseason game
I agree, people are overreacting on the OL too. I'm not trying to be an over-optimist here, but Smith and Free should be better with the swap, and I don't think they would have signed these guards if they didn't think they were at least decent upgrades, when they could have just re-signed who we had for the vet minimum. Costa isn't anything to write home about... but the Giants and Patriots were just in the superbowl with VERY, VERY pedestrian offensive lines, and that's putting it kindly.

Besides, don't underestimate the addition of Callahan. The game had passed Houck by. Also, DeMarco Murray is going to run the ball no matters whose blocking because of his world class vision. Don't sound the alarms just yet. There's a reason I come here and not ESPN. Knee-jerk reactions after 1 week of camp are just pointless.
TheFlash (CDCB) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:05 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miles with a hamstring injury...shocker. :/

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:43 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

18 injuries right now is nothing to sneeze at. I know injuries will happen, but this is an absurd amount. You have to wonder if some of this is a conditioning issue.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also the fact Garrett runs a VERY tough camp. You run between drills, every drill is run against a play clock, and practice ends with windsprints. The preparation most of the guys needed for Camp Cupcake and hell even Bill Parcell's camps are leaving them lacking now.

On the flip side 99% of the injuries are extremely minor and wouldn't cause players to miss game-time and are held just to be cautious.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Hmmm. I didn't know Phillips was hurt. How about your fullbacks? Why can't you run more IForm?

IForm is such a dying formation in the league, which stinks bc I love IForm.
We picked up Lawrence Vickers this offseason...so I'd definitely think we'll use a lot of 2 back formations this year. We haven't had a true fullback in awhile.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
IMO the starting safeties will be sensabaugh and either church or Johnson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Sensy is our SS not our FS.

Pool will be our starting FS.

Johnson and Church will be competing for sub-package roles.
well its official brodney pool has been cut, happy to say i called months ago

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...dd-depth-wr-rb

thumbs up to barry church stepping up to take hold of the job
Old 08-06-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I hope it's a good sign that he was cut.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlash View Post
You guys are WAY overreacting to a week of training camp practices. Again, not to be cliche, but if you go by training camp practices everyone would either be a HOFer or doesn't belong on an NFL roster. No offense to you pocketaces, but I question your scouting abilities on the Free statement. He looked fine to me today, and he has been getting praise so far in camp. He is one of those guys who is getting overlooked but is doing his job, and that's a good thing.

Oh, and Scandrick had a great day of practice by all accounts... so yeah lol.
So I guess when the guys are getting beat up and down the field its just practice and it doesnt matter but when they have a good practice its an "I told you so"? Ok gotcha! If this line was good last year and this was going on I could see overlooking it and not thinking its a very big deal but they sucked last year and Romo was sacked a career high amount of times. I do think BC will be a big help but the talent isnt there IMO...We'll see

Old 08-06-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:

Yes, good job to him. The reports on him have me anxious to watch him in the preseason games. There was a running back last year--name escapes me--who was tearing it up in early practices too, but he totally disappeared in games.

I'm also hoping Matt Johnson and Danny Coale finally get to practice this week.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinChase View Post
Yes, good job to him. The reports on him have me anxious to watch him in the preseason games. There was a running back last year--name escapes me--who was tearing it up in early practices too, but he totally disappeared in games.

I'm also hoping Matt Johnson and Danny Coale finally get to practice this week.
Lonyae miller, but we've seen church in games before he has good instincts but his speed has been a question mark
Old 08-06-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

I was listening to jg's press conference, when he was asked about pool, he specifically said they brought pool in on the behalf or rob ryan and jerome henderson, and they wanted to see where he was at, at this point in his career.

Sounds to me like they had their doubts about pool as even a viable stop-gap
Old 08-06-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't fully trust Pool anyways... and I don't fully trust Church either. It was probably a numbers game between the 2 and Church beat him out. I wish I had the patience to wait for Matt Johnson to develop, so I hope the sooner we hear about him playing good in practice, the better.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why don't you trust Church?

I mean he's obviously hasn't proven anything against live bullets, but here's to hoping they've found a gem in the rough.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Why don't you trust Church?

I mean he's obviously hasn't proven anything against live bullets, but here's to hoping they've found a gem in the rough.
I'll root for him, but I don't believe in his coverage skills. He's an old school type SS who does well against the run.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not going to pretend to have some advanced historical knowledge on BC. I can only go by what I read, which is what I'm sure you've done...and with that said.

All I've read is that he's greatly improved his coverage skills.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote