Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-04-2012, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Dear Perry Fewell,

Love, every Giants fan everywhere
Now I just want to see RDJ in blackface, doing the "you people" bit with Perry Fewell.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Devin Thomas retired. Lost his passion for the game. I guess once he won that SB, he lost his desire to keep playing. Let's be honest, I don't think he ever was fully committed to the game.

I was, and still am a little worried that we will miss his contributions on Special Teams. He was a great special teamer for us and his special teams coverage is gonna be hard to replace.

But I'll always wonder how good he could have been had he put his all into football. The guy looked like a million bucks, he kept you wondering how he couldn't succeed at WR.

Either way, I'm grateful for having him on our SB team. He was a contributor.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Don't forget OT. I'm pretty sure Will Beatty still sucks.
what about selvish capers i liked him as a developmental prospect, what's he lookin like at tc
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So is it possible for us to get Devin Thomas back?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Devin Thomas retired. Lost his passion for the game. I guess once he won that SB, he lost his desire to keep playing. Let's be honest, I don't think he ever was fully committed to the game.

I was, and still am a little worried that we will miss his contributions on Special Teams. He was a great special teamer for us and his special teams coverage is gonna be hard to replace.

But I'll always wonder how good he could have been had he put his all into football. The guy looked like a million bucks, he kept you wondering how he couldn't succeed at WR.

Either way, I'm grateful for having him on our SB team. He was a contributor.

Maybe he did work hard and was motivated until we didn't extend him. Now he has to re prove himself and learn a new system. I am sure that hurts especially if you think you earned a right to be extended after helping out on special teams and showing competence in our system.

Now on the Bears, everything is new! I can see why, he'd say screw that, not bust my butt for getting cut next year, and starting all over again. Like you said, if he wasn't 100% to begin with, I am sure leaving us and starting over may have been a tipping point.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm excited to watch David Douglas on Friday. It sounds like he's really putting in a good showing.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No ACL tear for Thomas. He will rehab and take it from there. No timetable on return right now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-06-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy ****, that is great news. This is awesome. Hopefully he has a quick and safe recovery and can play again this year. To me, this is just a setback and I am expecting him to be the same player he was at the beginning of THIS YEAR'S training camp.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm excited to watch David Douglas on Friday. It sounds like he's really putting in a good showing.
I am more excited for Brandon Collins, the UDFA out of Southeast Louisiana. He transfered there from Texas and has been looking good in camp. He wears #6, just in case anyone else here wants to keep an eye on him.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm cautious on Thomas. Everyone confirmed that there is a partial tear of his ACL, but now it sounds like he can play through it with rehab?

If that's the case, how is he gonna look out there? Is he gonna trust his knee? Should he? What player are we getting? And for how long?

I'm iffy on this one.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I'm cautious on Thomas. Everyone confirmed that there is a partial tear of his ACL, but now it sounds like he can play through it with rehab?

If that's the case, how is he gonna look out there? Is he gonna trust his knee? Should he? What player are we getting? And for how long?

I'm iffy on this one.
This is the best case scenario right now but yes there are still huge question marks. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst type thing.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-06-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
This is the best case scenario right now but yes there are still huge question marks. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst type thing.
I rather have closure honestly. Either he can't go or he can go. I don't want him taking reps away from other guys and then just get hurt and now we have to throw someone in there who could have had more practice if we just moved on from the start.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I am more excited for Brandon Collins, the UDFA out of Southeast Louisiana. He transfered there from Texas and has been looking good in camp. He wears #6, just in case anyone else here wants to keep an eye on him.
Well I'm just going to lump all the young WR's including DePalma, Randle, and Barden also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-06-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I rather have closure honestly. Either he can't go or he can go. I don't want him taking reps away from other guys and then just get hurt and now we have to throw someone in there who could have had more practice if we just moved on from the start.
That's understandable. I'm assuming the rehab will be at least 2 more week so the younger guys should be getting all their reps. They should also have probably 3 games this preseason before Thomas gets back. If they can rehab the knee then we need him on the field. We're better wih him than without.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-06-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
That's understandable. I'm assuming the rehab will be at least 2 more week so the younger guys should be getting all their reps. They should also have probably 3 games this preseason before Thomas gets back. If they can rehab the knee then we need him on the field. We're better wih him than without.
We're better with him if he's 100%. I think even if he can play, he's probably not 100%. Then the question is, well how much does he have in the tank, and do we even want that version of TT out there?

I guess we'll see what happens.

I hope he can play and play healthy, but I don't know how this turns out.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I went onto giants.com, and they have videos called "top five plays of training camp" every other day or so. And Douglas had one or two of the top five plays in every video I watched!! He had a one-handed catch that was just nasty, and several other impressive grabs! If he can come even close to replicate that in games, we have ourselves a keeper!

Here's the link to the video with the one-handed grab: http://www.giants.com/media-vault/vi...f-cf409f679fcb

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Thomas hopes to be back within a month. Maybe we should just cut our losses on this one?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-06-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

He sounds desperate. Its almost like he wants to just play until he fully tears it bc he probably knows his career is over anyway.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
He sounds desperate. Its almost like he wants to just play until he fully tears it bc he probably knows his career is over anyway.
Possible. Do you really think the doctors would let him do that though? Could be a huge malpractice lawsuit.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-06-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
that was my first thought, we'll see. Is it a partial tear or a sprain?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:50 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Could it have something to do with an injury insurance he wants to kick in? Or is he just trying to squeeze money out of the Giants before he retires? Man, I almost feel dirty speculating like this about one of my favorite players intentions, but this sounds sort of fishy.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:26 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It's not Thomas guys. The doctors have cleared him to rehab and told him he doesn't need surgery. Thomas has no intentions for a money grab.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-07-2012, 07:33 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Douglas play special teams, or can he? If he can, and him and these other guys continue to shine, Barden is as good as gone.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Does Douglas play special teams, or can he? If he can, and him and these other guys continue to shine, Barden is as good as gone.
He probably can. The reason Barden doesn't play ST is because of his body type. He's too tall to play on a coverage unit so I'm not really sure where else they could use him except to block field goals or punts.

Coughlin did say Barden will absolutely make a mark in this league but I'm starting to think it's going to be for another team that can afford him the opportunity to play more.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-07-2012, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know why he can't play special teams but it doesn't change the fact that he still can't do it. If Douglas is going to be as good as some already think, then Barden is our 7th or 8th WR? And one who doesn't help anywhere else. I think it is going to take a lot of injuries for him to make the team, and knock on wood that doesn't happen.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote