Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Who's the Packers top RB by November-in?
Starks 1 10.00%
Green 3 30.00%
Saine 5 50.00%
Grant 1 10.00%
Kuhn 0 0%
Other: who? 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2012, 09:16 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Roster Battles: RB

Who is our starting RB by the end of October?
(or who rushes for the most yards for us from November-Super Bowl)

James Starks

Alex Green

Brandon Saine

Ryan Grant

John Kuhn
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big fan of Green and I think he's the future of this team at that position. I'm going with him, especially with his pass catching ability, which is said to be the best on the team. It will mean more screen passes to beat the pass rush

He's coming back from a torn ACL, but nowadays guys are coming back more quickly and just as good from this injury. It's good that he's already practicing and the coaches have spoken highly of him in the early going. I'm excited
Old 07-27-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starks seems to have one or two moments a game where he loses focus in pass protection and that IMO is what will lead to Green jumping him on the depth chart. Though I think it will remain a RBBC situation, so we'll see plenty of Starks as well.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope it's Green! He's a more explosive runner and a better pass catcher which is our offense needs more than a James Starks type running back, who is less likely to pull off a big run.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starks should get the majority of the carries. He has the edge in terms of experience and has improved as a pass protector which is why Green will be more of a change of pace and reserve guys this year. Both guys will get action though.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I hope it's Green! He's a more explosive runner and a better pass catcher which is our offense needs more than a James Starks type running back, who is less likely to pull off a big run.
Am I the only one that sees Brandon Jackson when Alex Green runs? I like him, I want him to be our guy.. but I see some really hesitant running when I see clips of him. Maybe that's just the knee injury talking.

I'm not a fan of Starks. He's injury prone and his ceiling really isn't very impressive, in my opinion.

Saine is probably less impressive than either of those guys.. so in the end, I think Starks will be starting barring an injury and Green will be the third down guy.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a question... Why did you use such a brutal picture for Starks?

I will go with the darkhorse. Brandon Saine.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
I have a question... Why did you use such a brutal picture for Starks?

I will go with the darkhorse. Brandon Saine.
Something is just screaming Saine to me as well.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Am I the only one that sees Brandon Jackson when Alex Green runs? I like him, I want him to be our guy.. but I see some really hesitant running when I see clips of him. Maybe that's just the knee injury talking.
I would avoid making evaluations of Green's running so early on in the season. I can guarantee there is still some hesitance until he goes out there Thursday and can prove to himself that the knee will hold up against live-action contact. Green is the higher ceiling option for this team and they'll bring him along gradually and that should bode well for him later in the season as he'll likely have fresher legs. Starks will be the go-to guy early in the year as a good fit for the offense and hopefully Green will be a greater option for the team in the second half of the season.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:24 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Somethin pushed me to believe Saine.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:04 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where's Cedric Benson in this discussion? I guess we'll see Thursday. I think he has a great shot at starting and getting a lot of plays. Maybe not carries, but catches and in for blitz pick-up.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
Where's Cedric Benson in this discussion? I guess we'll see Thursday. I think he has a great shot at starting and getting a lot of plays. Maybe not carries, but catches and in for blitz pick-up.
Well, when this thread was started he wasn't an option and even as a free agent I don't think anyone thought that Thompson would actually bring him in. He's clearly the favorite at this point.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
Benson is certainly the favorite.

Starks has been looking worse and worse. Benson is really just better at everything Starks does well and has most of his flaws (except Benson is better at always moving forward and being North/south whereas Starks likes to get east/west sometimes.)

Green is the (hopeful) future but likely relegated to 3rd down back for this year.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Benson's not "the favorite".

It is Benson's job right now period.

Starks has a build like a piece of stone, but his skills aren't there. He's blind to holes (I realize there are very few holes behind this OL), he's way too stiff, too upright, struggles with blitz pickup, and he has terrible hands.

At this point in time, or best hope is Benson runs well, and Alex Green can turn into a more dangerous version of Brandon Jackson on 3rd downs. Our Super Bowl run benefitted from Action Jackson on 3rd downs. That screen TD at Philly in the Wildcard win was a thing of beauty. We don't get that from Stiff Starks.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote