Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default TO signs with Seattle

Get your popcorn ready.

Does he have anything left?
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still dont understand why nobody signed him last season. He put up good stats the year before in Cincy. Hopefully he has some left. I love me some TO. As a player, at least.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not trying to be facetious at all but why does everyone hate him again? Because he threw bad QBs under the bus, celebrated a lot, and held out?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
I still dont understand why nobody signed him last season. He put up good stats the year before in Cincy. Hopefully he has some left. I love me some TO. As a player, at least.
Because he was coming off a knee surgery. He's also 38 years old. Plus, people around the league has probably gotten tired of the baggage that comes along with Owens.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love TO and hes being ****** hard by the child support system, an unemployed guy having to pay 11k per month in child support is criminal.

he stayed in excellent shape, in the right role he could still be 1000 yard guy, and by role i mean TE-like role

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I'm not trying to be facetious at all but why does everyone hate him again? Because he threw bad QBs under the bus, celebrated a lot, and held out?
When Jerry Jones and Marvin Lewis think you are a problem in the locker room you probably are.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What does that mean? Bad teammate? What are the examples of this?
Old 08-06-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i love TO and hes being ****** hard by the child support system, an unemployed guy having to pay 11k per month in child support is criminal.

he stayed in excellent shape, in the right role he could still be 1000 yard guy, and by role i mean TE-like role
He could, I don't know, not have a bunch of kids with random women, or perhaps manage the millions upon millions he made in heyday.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

72, 983, and 9 at age 37.

So whenever anyone says 'name me someone who's been worth a damn at age 39' - name me someone who ever did ^ at age 37.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know, I always thought that him being a cancer to the team was just the media. Remember when the cowboys won a playoff game after T.O. got cut and the media made a big deal about it saying that T.O. was the reason the cowboys struggled in the playoffs and all that BS. Two-three years later they have yet to make the playoffs.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

The only things I remember about T.O.

- The sharpie which was harmless.
- His heroic performance in the Super Bowl.
- Holding out and doing sit-ups which I can forgive him for.
- Crying about his QB.
- Talking **** about McNabb (****** up but he probably had a point) and Jeff Garcia.
- Generally being a pompous asshole, but never doing anything actually that harmful.
- ???????????
Old 08-06-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was kind of hoping the Vikings would sign him after Childs went down.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a locker room lawyer, has many a time publicly complained about his targets and thrown QBs under the bus. He publically roasted the entire Bengals org in the TO Ocho show or whatever it was.

Everyone brings up his stats in the last year but he was heavily targetted that year and caught only 50% of balls thrown his way including just 40% on third down. Oh and he just had ACL surgery at age 38.

If he makes the final 53 Its an indictment about our receivers more than anything else.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
He's a locker room lawyer, has many a time publicly complained about his targets and thrown QBs under the bus. He publically roasted the entire Bengals org in the TO Ocho show or whatever it was.

Everyone brings up his stats in the last year but he was heavily targetted that year and caught only 50% of balls thrown his way including just 40% on third down. Oh and he just had ACL surgery at age 38.

If he makes the final 53 Its an indictment about our receivers more than anything else.
Throwing bad QBs under the bus isn't a concern for me. He's just speaking his opinion - out of line, sure - but it really isn't that big of a deal and I'm sure he's usually more right than wrong in his analysis.

Carson Palmer also publicly bashed the entire CIN organization by REFUSING TO PLAY FOR THEM WHILE UNDER CONTRACT. Bengals fans all admit it's a **** organization. Yet when TO does it, he's being an asshole? It's true.

Donte Stallworth killed a man. Some of these guys hit their wives, get multiple DUIs, and do ****** up things with drugs, violence, etc.

Guys like TO and Chad Johnson are loud and obnoxious, but in the grand scheme of things, they are HARMLESS football players who just talk too much and for some reason are HATED way more than athletes who should be hated.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not trying to be facetious at all but why does everyone hate him again? Because he threw bad QBs under the bus , celebrated a lot, and held out?
This doesn't scare you as a Seahawks fan? When McNabb or Romo had good seasons, he would still throw them under the bus for one bad game and everything would snowball from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Not really. If they suck and deserve criticism, I don't really care. If they continue to suck, what was the harm? If they can't take criticism, they probably don't have what it takes to be a starter in the NFL anyway.

McNabb and Romo aren't the strongest QBs in terms of mental toughness. If Flynn/Wilson is so weak that TO criticizing them ruins their career, then good, get it over with.

I don't think TO is going to say anything though - he's too old and probably grateful for the ONE team that gave him an opportunity.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
This doesn't scare you as a Seahawks fan? When McNabb or Romo had good seasons, he would still throw them under the bus for one bad game and everything would snowball from there.
This ^^ You want TO to rip apart Russel Wilson/Matt Flynn after he throws 4 picks on a Thursday game in San Francisco?

TO's great when you are winning, things are going well and you are an offensive juggernaut. They are the worst when you are losing as they are the first to jump ship and start blaming others.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QBs are team leaders. Throwing them under the bus creation divisions and animosity in the locker room. Divisions and animosity in the locker room is no good.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
I don't know, I always thought that him being a cancer to the team was just the media. Remember when the cowboys won a playoff game after T.O. got cut and the media made a big deal about it saying that T.O. was the reason the cowboys struggled in the playoffs and all that BS. Two-three years later they have yet to make the playoffs.
I thought it was the media saying before the 2009 season that the Cowboys might struggle without Terrell Owens. Then Miles Austin shows up, the Cowboys roll and win a playoff game.

As for Terrell Owens himself, it was more than the media making up stories about Terrell Owens being a cancer. Owens caused a lot of the controversy himself with unnecessary comments about his teammates. When he left the 49ers he implied that Jeff Garcia was ***, after the Super Bowl he implied that Donovan McNabb was the guy who got tired and then also displayed his admiration for a quarterback like Brett Favre when he was still apart of the Eagles roster. Then of course there was the assumption that he was being alienated by Tony Romo and Jason Witten in the Cowboys passing game. And when he was in Cincinnati he blamed the coaching staff for the struggles of the team publicly. By this time the media had already learned Terrell Owens was a walking story waiting to happen.

If Owens would have kept his mouth shut and just performed a la Bruce, Johnson, Harrison, Sharpe, Colston, etc. then there would never been any issues. Owens has no one to blame but himself. The NFL is a big PR/image maintaining industry. They'll give you the keys to the car as long as you don't wreck it. Do your job and use common sense in whatever lifestyle you want to pursue as an NFL player and don't make us look bad. That is their mantra. While Owens never got in trouble with the law, he was a failure at playing the PR game.

Quote:
Old 08-06-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Not really. If they suck and deserve criticism, I don't really care. If they continue to suck, what was the harm? If they can't take criticism, they probably don't have what it takes to be a starter in the NFL anyway.

McNabb and Romo aren't the strongest QBs in terms of mental toughness. If Flynn/Wilson is so weak that TO criticizing them ruins their career, then good, get it over with.

I don't think TO is going to say anything though - he's too old and probably grateful for the ONE team that gave him an opportunity.
But it's not about you. It's about the team. You don't throw your teammates under the bus to the media. If someone is trying their best to be a good player in the NFL and it isn't going their way, that doesn't justify one player telling the media that their teammate isn't a very good player. Who needs that negativity? How is telling the media something like that going to help the team?

Quote:
Old 08-06-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

^The media leads you to believe that all of those 'stories' actually affected on the field performance.

Stated McNabb got tired = Probably true
Admired Favre
Criticized Romo
Blamed Cincy coaches when their team sucked

Is he incorrect in any of these? It looks to me like a guy who gets frustrated when his team loses.

I'd rather have that than someone who doesn't care.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:35 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
But it's not about you. It's about the team. You don't throw your teammates under the bus to the media. If someone is trying their best to be a good player in the NFL and it isn't going their way, that doesn't justify one player telling the media that their teammate isn't a very good player. Who needs that negativity? How is telling the media something like that going to help the team?
Again, he only runs his mouth when he has a legitimate point.

Him saying it isn't going to help the team, but if performance is weak in one area, the team will know it, and if TO points it out, it just confirms to them something they already know and sheds light on the situation for the public because of the media trying to get a quote. Doesn't actually do anything negative for the team. Players know when guys suck.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
^The media leads you to believe that all of those 'stories' actually affected on the field performance.

Admired Favre
Criticized Romo

Is he incorrect in any of these? It looks to me like a guy who gets frustrated when his team loses.

I like how you left out the comment where Owens thought Garcia was ***, which was of course, a lie.

McNabb got tired in the Super Bowl. Sure. Again, why is going to the media blabbering about it a necessity? Again, how is this helping the team?

Romo proved that Owens was expendable. And the notion that he and Witten teamed up to alienate Owens in the passing game was just an excuse Owens used because he felt like he wasn't getting the ball enough. Simply put, he was bitching.

Cincinnati struggled sure. Maybe the coaches were at fault. Maybe it was just a lack of execution on the players part. Marvin Lewis could have said the same thing, but he didn't. Why? Because how would that help the team.

And believe it or not on the field performance can be effected by the smallest things. If someone at your workplace is putting you on blast and telling everyone else in the building that you aren't very good and you get wind of it, it's probably not going to help your focus while you are doing your task. If that person truly feels that way and that person's performance is getting in the way of doing their own job they can go to a superior and talk about it behind closed doors. How is telling the entire nation going to help matters? Oh yeah, it's not. And this is why Owens is on his 100th team now.

Quote:
Old 08-06-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Admired Favre
Criticized Romo

It doesn't matter if it is correct. You don't blame your QB and coaches when things are going bad. EVER. no exceptions. It helps absolutely no one and makes it tougher to dig the team out of a hole. Its not an opinion, it's a fact. And T.O's numbers come first, not wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Again, he only runs his mouth when he has a legitimate point.

Him saying it isn't going to help the team, but if performance is weak in one area, the team will know it, and if TO points it out, it just confirms to them something they already know and sheds light on the situation for the public because of the media trying to get a quote. Doesn't actually do anything negative for the team. Players know when guys suck.
The problem is he runs his mouth to the wrong people. Terrell Owens is allowed to have his opinion. But in the NFL, there is pretty much an unwritten rule that you don't throw your teammates under the bus for the entire world to see. Again, why is the negativity necessary and how is it going to help the team by telling the media?

Quote: