Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
How many people are we keeping? 12?
Aye. Twelve.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaaaaaand Matt Garza to the DL. #BrokenRecord
Old 08-07-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any records I can gun for?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-07-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Any records I can gun for?
You can try to win the league by a margin greater than the one I won by 2 years ago ...
Old 08-07-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Reminder: The trade deadline is August 26th.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
You can try to win the league by a margin greater than the one I won by 2 years ago ...
And how much did you win by?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-07-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
And how much did you win by?
I won by 26 points over Jughead in 2010.

BF won by 19 points over D in 2011.

It's a little strange how wide the margin was both of those years. I don't think that's commonplace for Roto.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I won by 26 points over Jughead in 2010.

BF won by 19 points over D in 2011.

It's a little strange how wide the margin was both of those years. I don't think that's commonplace for Roto.
I'm up 22.5 now and I don't see that widening anymore so your record is safe for sure.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-10-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Welcome back, Roy Halladay!

EDIT: And Sabathia is on the DL ... ************

Last edited by Xiomera : 08-11-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

My trade block with 12 days before the trade deadline:

Alex Rios (#17 overall fantasy player in our league this season)
Jim Johnson (30 saves, 3.33 ERA, 1.09 WHIP)
Matt Garza
Ryan Cook (12 saves in 2 months as closer, 2.72 ERA, 1.05 WHIP)
Wil Myers (top prospect not in the majors)
Ian Kennedy

I will also trade Ellsbury, Justin Upton, Sabathia, Kinsler, Halladay and MAYBE Bautista for a comparable stud at another position.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will also trade everyone I'm not keeping.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see Xio making a trade, but I doubt BF will.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just giving Xio a hard time for offering guys he has no interest in keeping anyway.

But, no, I seem to have a hard time making a trade in this league.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I was just giving Xio a hard time for offering guys he has no interest in keeping anyway.

But, no, I seem to have a hard time making a trade in this league.
How is that possibly true? Go count the players you think I will keep. 2-3 of the ones I listed at the top will absolutely be kept. The ones at the bottom are all studs I'm willing to move to get some fresh names on next year's team.

I also happen to be in 2nd/3rd place depending on the day. Of course I'm going to have more keeper-worthy players than some teams farther down the standings.

Mind your business.

Last edited by Xiomera : 08-13-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Your business is my business.

I'm not sure who I'm going to keep out of the following, so I'm open to any offers:

-Dan Haren
-Jeremy Hellickson
-BJ Upton
-Michael Cuddyer
-Adam Dunn
-Ernesto Frieri
-JJ Putz
-Casey Janssen
-Nick Swisher

There are other guys I'm not keeping, but those are the ones I figure could make decent keepers. I need to keep four of them.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Is everyone really giving up on this year?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-15-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I'm still setting my lineup, but it would take a pretty big turnaround at this point.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Is everyone really giving up on this year?
Set my lineup daily. Still want to make a trade.

But I see a couple people have quit and I will take necessary action at the end of the year.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Set my lineup daily. Still want to make a trade.

But I see a couple people have quit and I will take necessary action at the end of the year.
I have not. Picked up a couple of gem pitching performances on the waiver wire.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I have not. Picked up a couple of gem pitching performances on the waiver wire.
I know you're active.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know you're active.
It's really more routine to me than anything else. First thing I do every morning at work is set my lineup. Takes 2 minutes. Aiming for 4th place. So I can grab that bronze after GF gets caught for giving his team steroids. It's the only logical explanation for his success.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
It's really more routine to me than anything else. First thing I do every morning at work is set my lineup. Takes 2 minutes. Aiming for 4th place. So I can grab that bronze after GF gets caught for giving his team steroids. It's the only logical explanation for his success.
That's inevitable, yes. It's like a USC or Ohio State national championship You just know it'll be revoked.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Giantsfan can't have anything nice.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I have a winning team built through excellent scouting and phenomenal trades. End of story.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-16-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Ah, but I have Wil Myers ...
Closed Thread