Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 08-03-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers offense looks like **** for second straight day against the defense.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Again, you could also say... 49ers defense looks like it might be all-time great this year.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Again, you could also say... 49ers defense looks like it might be all-time great this year.
If the offense was having success in practice I would think that the 49ers offense has gotten better more so than the 49ers defense has gotten worse.

The defense is good, but we already know it will be good this upcoming season. At worst a top ten unit. But the offense needs to get better. That's a big reason why we didn't get to the Super Bowl last season. The defense and David Akers can't be a crutch for failed third downs, and inconsistent scoring in the redzone for a second straight year. That's just unacceptable.

It's an offensive league and offenses usually win championships. We need a great offense more than we need a great defense. I hate to say it, but it's the truth. I'd say that for any team. Their chances of competing year in and year out with a dominant offense are a lot better than trying to keep the same dominant defense together for years, which is just impossible.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 08-03-2012 at 11:53 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:10 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So what? Its typical for the offense to lag behind the defense in the early portion of camp, unless maybe your the Packers or the Saints, who have been running the same offense for almost 5 years now. Offense usually takes longer to come around. This is only our second TC running this scheme and we're incoperating alot of new faces into the fold as well implementing the entire playbook for the first time. Execution takes time. Our defense was one of the best in the league and returned all 11 starters as well as some key back-ups....they should be dominating THE FIRST WEEK OF TC. Much ado about nothing. If they're still looking ragged after the third pre-season game then it might be time to be concerned.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here ya go, Ness...

Quote:
Things became more competitive between the offense and defense during a night practice at 49ers Training Camp presented by HP. Following two days of dominance by Vic Fangio’s crew, the 49ers offense rebounded to make a number of plays against last year’s second-best scoring defense.
Quote:
For starters, San Francisco’s starting offense punched in a touchdown from two-yards out in a live, short-yardage goal-line period. Coincidentally, the touchdown came from converted tight end Demarcus Dobbs who was wearing a No. 40 practice jersey. No official word on a potential uniform change, but Dobbs got behind Patrick Willis’ coverage to haul in a 3-yard pass from Alex Smith in the back right corner of the end zone.
Quote:
Things fared better for the offense in a later move the ball period. Alex Smith and the first-team unit picked up four first downs to set up a field goal attempt from David Akers.
Quote:
Red zone 7-on-7 work late in practice saw Smith complete short touchdowns to Williams and Moss against the first-team defense. Williams scored on a slant pattern against Tarell Brown, while Moss’ score came on a slant route against Carlos Rogers.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dude, post a source.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now our defense sucks!

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Here ya go, Ness...
Getting better.

Quote:
Now our defense sucks!
No, now our offense has hope LOL.

Quote:
Old 08-05-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
dude, post a source.
Apologies...

http://blog.49ers.com/2012/08/04/tra...-report-aug-4/
Old 08-05-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I've uploaded the original broadcast of the Monday Night Football game of the Broncos at 49ers in 1997 if you people want to watch it.

Quote:
Old 08-05-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

No, now our offense has hope LOL.
Well played Ness lol.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Someone on the main 49ers message board said they looked at A.J. Jenkins highlights on YouTube and said that he should have been undrafted. Gotta love internet scouts.

Quote:
Old 08-05-2012, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I've uploaded another game to my channel. I had to make the listing private along with all of my other games. It looks like all of the other channels I've seen with full broadcasts have all been taken away. I guess the NFL and YouTube are cracking down. Hopefully this stays up for a while. Anyways here are the two links to this game which is the week 11 matchup between the 49ers and Cowboys of the 1994 season.

Quote:
Old 08-06-2012, 12:10 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching the Broncos/49ers game. Remember this game and seeing the team we had, im still pissed that we lost to the Packers. I actually hate the Packers more than Cowboys. Favre/Freeman always did that stupid inside slant and everyone knows/knew it was coming and we still didnt stop them. UGH.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Report from today's practice.

Quote:
The defense had their ways for the ninth day of training camp. The running game was shut down for majority of the day and only a few receivers were able to make catches. Justin Smith and Carlos Rogers are who stood out. The secondary of Dashon Goldson and Donte Whitner were also very impressive.

Harbaugh specifically liked what he's been seeing in Kendall Hunter. He's been having a strong offseason.

"Kendall Hunter is having an exceptional offseason and camp," said Harbaugh. "His instincts and his vision have improved. The timing of his running patterns on various run plays are better. The feel and experience is there and is in tremendous shape with a lot of confidence. He has a [big] chance to have a good year."

On defense, he has been impressed with Ahmad Brooks. Brooks have been working hard and improving his game everyday, according to Harbaugh.

"Ahmad Brooks has been fantastic all offseason," said Harbaugh. "[Brooks] is in the best shape he's ever been. This is the best offseason he's had. That speaks a lot of volumes about a guy. He's having an outstanding training camp."

Even though the defense has been dominant, Harbaugh has seen improvement from the offense. He's been happy to see the defense play well for the majority of training camp.

"Our defense is playing extremely well," said Harbaugh. "If the offense was moving the ball down the field a lot, it would be a cause for a great concern. The fact our defense is making our offense better [and] the fact that there's 16 other teams that have to look down that gun barrel makes me the happiest guy in the world."
http://www.examiner.com/article/49er...-still-control

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 08-06-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

T.O. signed with the Seachickens this afternoon. ROFL

and......

cue Dan.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:30 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I've uploaded the week 2 game from the 1988 season between the 49ers and Giants. This is the notable contest where Steve Young started the first half, was shaky and then replaced by Joe Montana in the second half who threw a last second touchdown to Jerry Rice to win the game. Rice had also been having a shaky contest the entire day. Ronnie Lott and Lawrence Taylor didn't play in this game unfortunately.

Quote:
Old 08-07-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
T.O. signed with the Seachickens this afternoon. ROFL

and......

cue Dan.
To me, there's really no difference between Owens and Moss except Owens is stronger but Moss is faster. Other than that, both are the same. I know a lot of people here hate T.O. but yet, love or at least like Moss which makes no sense to me. Until Moss becomes a problem. Hopefully, he doesnt but at the same time, I wouldnt be surprised one bit if he does.

As for Owens, he's still my favorite receiver. Has been for over a decade and just because he's in SEA wont change that. I hope he does good and think that he will if Flynn and their OL play well. He's already at worse the Seahawks second best WR behind Baldwin. Rice is injury prone more than Owens and Edwards still sucks. I'm expecting Owens to start opposite Baldwin with Rice and Edwards third and fourth.

At almost 39 years old, Owens is in better conditioning than the majority of players half his age and that includes our own receivers in Crabtree and Jenkins. Love or hate him, im happy he's back in the NFL but would have preferred him going back to the Cowboys or going to the Texans to start opposite Johnson. Either way, to me the only difference between Moss and Owens for us 49ers fans is that Moss hasnt become a problem, at least not yet. Both of them can become problems in the locker room quickly but the one thing that I have always loved about Owens is that on the field, he wants the ball and wants to win. And considering the other WR's on SEA, getting him the ball more times than not could be a far bigger positive than people think it will be.

My friend is pissed because he was hoping that Jerry Jones would have brought him back to DAL and say whatever you want, choosing Roy Williams over Owens was a HUGE and stupid mistake. I personally would rather have an asshole in Owens who plays and works his ass off as opposed to a guy like Braylon Edwards, Buress, and many others.

Should be funny in SEA when Owens talks to Edwards and asks him what he meant last year as a 49er when he didnt want to be known as T.O. Edwards is just as big of an asshole but the difference is that work, conditioning and play wise, he's not even good enough to carry Owens jockstrap let alone be good enough to match him on the field. Also find it funny for the second time in two years, Owens signs with the team that signed Antonio Bryant and then released him due to injury and quite simply sucking.

In the end, should be fun though and the two Seahawks games just became more interesting. I also think that SEA will be our main competition with or without Owens because Flynn/Jackson are both better than Kolb (who sucks beyond belief) and Skelton. OL wise, both are the same. WR wise, ARZ wins and RB wise, I would say is even as well as defense/special teams but it all comes down to the QB and while I do think Skelton is better than Kolb, he's not better than Flynn or Jackson in my opinion.

And finally, I just purchased an old 20GB PS3 so I can watch NFL Sunday Ticket. Will definitely be an interesting and fun season to say the least. :)
Old 08-07-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
To me, there's really no difference between Owens and Moss except Owens is stronger but Moss is faster. Other than that, both are the same.
Dan, this isn't Madden. There are other differences to Owens and Moss than their strength and speed.

Quote:
Old 08-07-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dan, this isn't Madden. There are other differences to Owens and Moss than their strength and speed.
what do you mean? moss' speed is 96 and owens strength is 74 in real life!!!!

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cant wait for more of this:

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
what do you mean? moss' speed is 96 and owens strength is 74 in real life!!!!
Really? What differences? Both are assholes period. Both can split locker rooms. Moss doesnt like to go up the middle. Moss will lose interest fast if its not going his way. Owens not as fast as he used to be. Owens cant break off the line as good as he used to. To me, both are the same. One is a finesse receiver and the other is power. Thats it. Otherwise, no difference.

And second, I have said it a million times. I hate Crappadden. 2K5 is STILL the greatest football video game of all time.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Dan, the difference is Moss never sh!t all over my favorite franchise. I feel like I might have mentioned this once or twice or a bazillion times. The Niners are too classy of a franchise to ever bring back a guy who trashed their organization the way Owens did.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Really? What differences? Both are assholes period. Both can split locker rooms. Moss doesnt like to go up the middle. Moss will lose interest fast if its not going his way. Owens not as fast as he used to be. Owens cant break off the line as good as he used to. To me, both are the same. One is a finesse receiver and the other is power. Thats it. Otherwise, no difference.

And second, I have said it a million times. I hate Crappadden. 2K5 is STILL the greatest football video game of all time.
Moss never threw his teammates under the bus as much as Owens did. Moss just gave up when he felt the team was a mess.

Owens's hands have always been suspect. Randy Moss has great hands and catches everything his way. That's one key difference. Moss is also a master at the fade and jump ball. Both can get open and make plays for you in a variety of different ways and both have their strengths and weakness. It's a lot more than just one is stronger than the other and one is faster than the other. They even have a difference in height believe it or not Dan.

Quote:
Old 08-07-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Dan, the difference is Moss never sh!t all over my favorite franchise. I feel like I might have mentioned this once or twice or a bazillion times. The Niners are too classy of a franchise to ever bring back a guy who trashed their organization the way Owens did.
Nearly every player talks crap about his ex-team. Few dont or it just doesnt get to the media. Personally, I dont care about crap he said. He's not being paid for his bullcrap, he's being paid for his play on the field. To each his/her own though. To many here hold a grudge. I personally dont care about this mickey mouse bullcrap. I only cared about Owens playing good and winning games. Thats it. Could care less about all this other crap.

As for Moss. Remains to be seen. He may not "crap" over the franchise but if he quits on the team, how is that any better? Answer: It's not. If anything, its worse because not only do you have a player of skill and talent not playing up to his ability but because of that, it will affect everyone else. After all, players get paid for their play on the field, not to be Angels.

Quote:
Moss never threw his teammates under the bus as much as Owens did. Moss just gave up when he felt the team was a mess.

Owens's hands have always been suspect. Randy Moss has great hands and catches everything his way. That's one key difference. Moss is also a master at the fade and jump ball. Both can get open and make plays for you in a variety of different ways and both have their strengths and weakness. It's a lot more than just one is stronger than the other and one is faster than the other. They even have a difference in height believe it or not Dan.
And Moss giving up on his teammates isnt the same thing? Its the same thing but instead of words, he used actions which speak louder than words.

Moss does catch everything and has great hands when he wants to play. If he gets to where he doesnt want to play, him having great hands and catching everything will be irrelevant.

But to each his/her own. You guys want to hate Owens. Go ahead. I'm not telling anyone to love him or hate him. Personally, I dont really care. He's still my favorite receiver and just like my opinion isnt going to change anyone else's opinion, no one's opinion is going to change mine.

With all that said, im still looking forward to the season and the two Seahawks games.