Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 08-07-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Dude, you tried to kill me or caddy to see if the editorial was right. YOU USED IT AS YOUR ARGUMENT. And you almost killed the watcher.
I am one vote sir. One vote. I really did think me going after you like I did would have clued people in that I wrote it but I was wrong. If I could do it again I would have gone at it different. I didn't play a good game to start out but by the end was the only one to figure things out. I certainly was not among the best players that game but I don't think I was the worst at all.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it will never die.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
You keep hammering this home. What don't you get about me naming people I thought were good to ruin the columns credibility after everyone blindly followed it? I could reveal and say I made it up so I did what I did. Being able to change the alignments of dead people won the mafia that game. What happens when someone who he evil dies? The town looks at who defended them. When the mafia can change alignments of the dead they just don't defend that person, go hard after them, and look good after. Snicho and Deep I thought were evil, caddy and gow were named to hint that it was me righting the opinion piece. OPINION. The others were named just to see how the would react and in the day I named three people without explanation to discredit the paper. You are wrong.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I am one vote sir. One vote. I really did think me going after you like I did would have clued people in that I wrote it but I was wrong. If I could do it again I would have gone at it different. I didn't play a good game to start out but by the end was the only one to figure things out. I certainly was not among the best players that game but I don't think I was the worst at all.
yea sorry, you were the best and only one that got it, thats why you only named good guys.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
We're back on this again guys? Seriously?
I can't help but defend myself every time these ***** bring the game up like it's some sort of trump card. It isn't.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So you were wrong on purpose, but then continued to use it as gospel and vote the way the Op-Ed reporter reported it. Got it. Great tactic bro.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

End the damn vamp game, already.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
End the damn vamp game, already.
Game went down the hill fast.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blame drunken fenikz, having to wait for him to wake up everyday has really killed us. Also, I can't talk to myself all day :-(

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
So you were wrong on purpose, but then continued to use it as gospel and vote the way the Op-Ed reporter reported it. Got it. Great tactic bro.
gotta stay consistent.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone interested in a side game starting in a day or two(so hopefully a few more people are dead in the main game)? Prefer to keep it small like 10-12 people max(these games have begun creeping up in size kind of defeating the point), actives only. Grizz has such a game planned, but I don't know if he would want to run two games at once.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 08-07-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonzo I just stated the Opinion thing... but you need to shut up about the Mafia being over powered... The Mafia ***** with people all the time. I mean **** look at the Vamp game right now. They are trying to figure out who is "the doctor"

Thats what the Mafia does. We had checks and balances in place. JR's role was one, The Avenger was another. The Avenger had tamper proof investigations.

Quit bitching about that, admit you ****** up and move on... You led the town astray even though it was their fault. Plain and simple.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Eh, I do not think death results should ever be allowed to be tampered with. If you can not trust those, you literally can not trust anything in the game and it devolves into randomness.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 08-07-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Game went down the hill fast.
I sort of unintentionally checked out after ATL was killed. Good thing I changed my win condition to getting him lynched.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Gonzo I just stated the Opinion thing... but you need to shut up about the Mafia being over powered... The Mafia ***** with people all the time. I mean **** look at the Vamp game right now. They are trying to figure out who is "the doctor"

Thats what the Mafia does. We had checks and balances in place. JR's role was one, The Avenger was another. The Avenger had tamper proof investigations.

Quit bitching about that, admit you ****** up and move on... You led the town astray even though it was their fault. Plain and simple.
Which I never got to use. Damn you Shane P. Hallam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Anyone interested in a side game starting in a day or two(so hopefully a few more people are dead in the main game)? Prefer to keep it small like 10-12 people max(these games have begun creeping up in size kind of defeating the point), actives only. Grizz has such a game planned, but I don't know if he would want to run two games at once.
Anyone could run my 10 person game if they wanted to. Its not based on any special theme and is simply 10 people (1 cop, 1 doctor, 5 townies, 1 framer, 1 role blocker, 1 goon). I was planning on broadcasting that in the sign-up thread anyway so don't worry, I didn't give anything away there. Just a classic setup that relies on intuition/instinct/etc than relying on investigators hitting.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-07-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eh, I do not think death results should ever be allowed to be tampered with. If you can not trust those, you literally can not trust anything in the game and it devolves into randomness.
All in all it was a trial game... its not like we mods are claiming the game was flawless by any means. Mafia games aways work like this ALWAYS.

Either the town or the Mafia get out to a good start then the other side makes a come back and then their is typically a close finish.

If the Mafia was so OP then why was it such a close game?
Old 08-07-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
All in all it was a trial game... its not like we mods are claiming the game was flawless by any means. Mafia games aways work like this ALWAYS.

Either the town or the Mafia get out to a good start then the other side makes a come back and then their is typically a close finish.

If the Mafia was so OP then why was it such a close game?
Its certainly debatable whether or not it was that close, because over half of the mafia was still alive at the end of the game.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 08-07-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

i dont think it was really overpowered. The Avenger was big. They couldnt really change the power roles cause we would see when they die. One could argue that exposing the watcher and tracker results helps and hurts the town so that is okay. The town just believed the newspaper way too much

Old 08-07-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Its certainly debatable whether or not it was that close, because over half of the mafia was still alive at the end of the game.
I remembered it being closer than it actually was and for that I apologize. Although you all should have seen though Shane's ********.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

The fact that Shane claimed investigator and his results didn't appear in the paper should have been a dead giveaway. The town, as a whole, played a pretty bad game. The Mafia was far from OP, people just didn't want to open their eyes.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

C'mon guys, you all know that if the mafia wins, they were OP, if the town wins, they were OP, and if the SK wins, its because he's bulletproof and OP.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-07-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
The fact that Shane claimed investigator and his results didn't appear in the paper should have been a dead giveaway. The town, as a whole, played a pretty bad game. The Mafia was far from OP, people just didn't want to open their eyes.
I am not sure why his reports not being in the paper would be a dead giveaway of anything. From the very start, we are told the paper is corrupt and people are working to change it. Seems a plausible story that one person would not trust the paper enough to keep his findings independent. Its not something you accept as 100% truthful, but also not something to dismiss as 100% BS. You have to also remember it was Shane and he had already been cleared, it was quite out of character for him to make up a role under those conditions. If you are aware that every power had a correlating column, it looks a lot more obvious that it really was.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 08-07-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
I am not sure why his reports not being in the paper would be a dead giveaway of anything. From the very start, we are told the paper is corrupt and people are working to change it. Seems a plausible story that one person would not trust the paper enough to keep his findings independent. Its not something you accept as 100% truthful, but also not something to dismiss as 100% BS. You have to also remember it was Shane and he had already been cleared, it was quite out of character for him to make up a role under those conditions. If you are aware that every power had a correlating column, it looks a lot more obvious that it really was.
Every single reveal, from tracker to watcher, was in the paper. The entire game centered around the paper. That's why.