Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-07-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Naa half the fan base hated Schiano at this point and was glad to see him leave. We do have tons of NFL talent on the team though so it's not denial. Let's see if Flood puts it together better.

If Rutgers fans are in denial I don't even know what state to consider ND fans.
It's not been great for ND lately either. But they have been to BCS Bowls within the last 5-7 years and they don't play a terrible Big East schedule. You know my problem is that you always defend that pathetic schedule. And then when Rutgers goes 7-5 with that schedule, I'm supposed to get excited? I think not.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said it's getting better. You have to schedule these teams so far in advance you never know when they'll be good or not. Look at the Penn State series we have. It would have been a premier matchup but now it's going to be **** because of something Rutgers could have never in a million years have foreseen. Anyway we still have Arkansas, UCLA, Miami, and another big time opponent which will be announced on Thursday so it's getting better.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
You guys have never even won the Big East Championship...
That's a huge problem and what Schiano deservedly got blasted for. No excuse not to have at least 1 with the teams we've had.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-07-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And to be fair, I think Notre Dame is a big steaming pile of ball sacks too. Whether they've been a BCS game or not recently. The whole, "ACADEMICS!!" argument is so old. They still get plenty of great players. They just suck.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And to be fair, I think Notre Dame is a big steaming pile of ball sacks too. Whether they've been a BCS game or not recently. The whole, "ACADEMICS!!" argument is so old. They still get plenty of great players. They just suck.
It's a valid argument. There are just certain players other big schools can get that they can't. But their academics for football players isn't like Stanford and they've been amazing over the last 2-3 years.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
It's a valid argument. There are just certain players other big schools can get that they can't. But their academics for football players isn't like Stanford and they've been amazing over the last 2-3 years.
Yep. It's far more about awful coaching than anything else.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Like I said it's getting better. You have to schedule these teams so far in advance you never know when they'll be good or not. Look at the Penn State series we have. It would have been a premier matchup but now it's going to be **** because of something Rutgers could have never in a million years have foreseen. Anyway we still have Arkansas, UCLA, Miami, and another big time opponent which will be announced on Thursday so it's getting better.
They need to get in a real conference. Can't play a crappy Big East schedule every year, lose every year to only team worth their weight in **** in that crappy conference, and be happy with 7-5 with 4 wins over the crappy out of conference teams they schedule. Those new teams should be a good challenge, but I think it could also be a rude awakening.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
They need to get in a real conference. Can't play a crappy Big East schedule every year, lose every year to only team worth their weight in **** in that crappy conference, and be happy with 7-5 with 4 wins over the crappy out of conference teams they schedule. Those new teams should be a good challenge, but I think it could also be a rude awakening.
I understand that and agree with you. The perception that the Big East was always the worst conference is a little off though. They were never any worse than the ACC and most of the time they were a better conference.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-07-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Yep. It's far more about awful coaching than anything else.
Yes, at least recently. While Weis was there, they just didn't have the athletes on defense.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I understand that and agree with you. The perception that the Big East was always the worst conference is a little off though. They were never any worse than the ACC and most of the time they were a better conference.
I don't know about that. Maybe for a year or two they were better than the ACC but it certainly wasn't long lived. Now they are by far worse and the ACC is pretty terrible too.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yes now they are the worst.

Anyway back to the Giants. Hosley had a monster practice today. Still my favorite pick of the draft.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-07-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jags should be a good test for our offense. The Jags have a very good defense.

Our defense shouldn't even show up though. Blaine Gabbert? That's gonna be a lulz fest.

But then again, if Fewell unleashes the rush 3 Cover 2, we'll make Gabbert look like Montana.

Bc you know, a qb who wets his vagina at the nearest sign of pressure should totally get 3 man rushes all day.

Fewell makes me nervous. I miss Spagnuolo.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've said it before and I will say it again, Will Muschamp would be the perfect DC for this team. I loved what he did at Texas and I love what he is doing at Florida.

EDIT: His one year as a NFL DC for the Dolphins:
As assistant head coach and defensive coordinator of the Miami Dolphins, Muschamp's defense ranked fifteenth in total defense in the NFL. The Dolphins allowed 19.8 points per game and 317.4 total yards per game during the 2005 NFL season. Muschamp's unit also ranked second in the NFL with 49 quarterback sacks.

That was a defense that was solid, but aging talent, and only had one year to learn his D.

Last edited by OSUGiants17 : 08-07-2012 at 04:25 PM.
OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha, I mainly just poke fun at you guys. I do think it's funny how Rutgers fans actually think it's a good program when they've barely had one or two good season in the past decade despite having so much "talent."
to be fair, we have produced some pretty solid NFL players in the past 5 years or so. We just never put it together at the same time AND JAMES TOWNSEND DROPPED THAT ******* PASS AGAINST WEST VIRGINIA AND I WANT TO BURN HIS HOUSE DOWN.

we've had individual talent, just never together on the field at RU.

To be fair, Zak and I, while we have our delusions (ok, I have most of them), we haven't been really wrong on a prospect outside of maybe Leonard. Jury's still out on Sanu

Logan Ryan is the real deal. I'm 100% with Zak on that one
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I've said it before and I will say it again, Will Muschamp would be the perfect DC for this team. I loved what he did at Texas and I love what he is doing at Florida.

EDIT: His one year as a NFL DC for the Dolphins:
As assistant head coach and defensive coordinator of the Miami Dolphins, Muschamp's defense ranked fifteenth in total defense in the NFL. The Dolphins allowed 19.8 points per game and 317.4 total yards per game during the 2005 NFL season. Muschamp's unit also ranked second in the NFL with 49 quarterback sacks.

That was a defense that was solid, but aging talent, and only had one year to learn his D.
Muschamp wouldnt leave his job to be a DC in the NFL. Only way he makes the jump is to be a HC. Gotta be realistic.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Muschamp wouldnt leave his job to be a DC in the NFL. Only way he makes the jump is to be a HC. Gotta be realistic.
I'm aware, I didn't say it would happen, I was saying if it did it would be awesome. Also, who are you?

Old 08-08-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

It sounds like Adrian Tracy has been beasting it in camp. I wonder if he can carry that into the season and maybe reduce our need for drafting a DE early? I remember seeing him in the pre-season last year and he looks like a damn beast. Scary big. I'll be interested to hear how he does in pre-season and during the year.

Sounds like Brandon Mosley has been having a good camp too. That's always exciting. Maybe we get a quality starter out of him, or at the very worst a good back up. Always a win to have great back up linemen. A truly underrated element of making a great team.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Yea Tracy should replace Wosi well. I like him more than Trattou.

2 more days guys!!!!!

Old 08-08-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm more of a Trattou guy but his early injury has set him back in the race.

I just need football this Friday already so I can make some of my own judgements.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-08-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was always a Tracy fan. A bit surprised no one grabbed him off our PS. But let's be realistic here guys, he was a PS player last year. How high should we set expectations?

That's why we need to see these guys in action before we get too excited. I don't want to fall into the trap of training camp hype. The games are where the real players separate themselves from the guys who just look good in practice.

Remember Cruz was never that great at practice, he blew up during the preseason. Barden and Sinorice on the other hand, were training camp superstars who didn't do a damn thing when they got on the field. So let's see how these games shape up and take it from there.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I was always a Tracy fan. A bit surprised no one grabbed him off our PS. But let's be realistic here guys, he was a PS player last year. How high should we set expectations?

That's why we need to see these guys in action before we get too excited. I don't want to fall into the trap of training camp hype. The games are where the real players separate themselves from the guys who just look good in practice.

Remember Cruz was never that great at practice, he blew up during the preseason. Barden and Sinorice on the other hand, were training camp superstars who didn't do a damn thing when they got on the field. So let's see how these games shape up and take it from there.
Weren't we basically considering him a LB though? I feel like we're solely focusing him as a DE, and he seems much better there.

And I thought Cruz did have a great training camp before he blew up in the pre-season?
Old 08-08-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Cruz was one of the last guys to make the roster last year. He was really close to getting cut.

We tried to do with Tracy what we did to Sintim. Both are better off at pure DE.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-08-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I thought Tracy actually looked pretty decent at LB. I think with the logjam there though, they figure they're better off just moving him to DE so he can stick on the roster.

Tracy was more impressive at LB than Sintim was.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I thought Tracy actually looked pretty decent at LB. I think with the logjam there though, they figure they're better off just moving him to DE so he can stick on the roster.

Tracy was more impressive at LB than Sintim was.
I keep forgetting that fool Sintim is even on the team, lol. Just cut him already! He and Barden aren't doing anything.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I keep forgetting that fool Sintim is even on the team, lol. Just cut him already! He and Barden aren't doing anything.
I mean, Barden is having a good camp so I'm not sure what you mean by this.

With injuries, I want to keep as many good WR's as we can without compromising other parts of the team.