Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-06-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
I'm not going to pretend to have some advanced historical knowledge on BC. I can only go by what I read, which is what I'm sure you've done...and with that said.

All I've read is that he's greatly improved his coverage skills.
I don't have advanced historical knowledge of him either, but I definitely remember him in college, followed him like any other prospect, was interested to see that he signed with us as an UDFA, .... and I've watched how we've used him in a hybrid LB/S role with glimpses of both successes and busted plays. I think he is what he is.... and that the good news of him in coverage is welcomed news, but should be taken with a grain of salt. He doesn't have the raw natural skills to maintain prolonged success, but perhaps his heart and hustle will take him where he needs to be.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...an-play-center

“I’m familiar with the position,” Bernadeau said. “It’s something I can do. I know I can do it. I’ve played it. I’m confident at center.”

Bernadeau said he has been studying to prepare to play both guard spots and center since he signed a four-year, $11 million deal to join the Cowboys.

---------------------

Well, initial hopes that we had on him when he signed that he could play Center might come to fruition. Mack definitely sounds confident. How I would love an upgrade over Costa. LOVE!!!
Old 08-06-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

ďIím familiar with the position,Ē Bernadeau said. ďItís something I can do. I know I can do it. Iíve played it. Iím confident at center.Ē

Bernadeau said he has been studying to prepare to play both guard spots and center since he signed a four-year, $11 million deal to join the Cowboys.

---------------------

Well, initial hopes that we had on him when he signed that he could play Center might come to fruition. Mack definitely sounds confident. How I would love an upgrade over Costa. LOVE!!!
Hell, you and I would be an upgrade over Costa

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Week 2 just got a lot more fun! Get'cha popcorn ready

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

ďIím familiar with the position,Ē Bernadeau said. ďItís something I can do. I know I can do it. Iíve played it. Iím confident at center.Ē

---------------------

Who then plays the guard position opposite Livings?

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any word on how Dan Connor has looked? I'm sure Sean Lee will be a starter, was curious about his fellow PSU alum.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
UDFA Ron Leary. Cowboys have been proclaiming him "NFL Ready" since March. lol.

UDFA stands for Un-Deniable Future All-Star btw.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkills View Post
Any word on how Dan Connor has looked? I'm sure Sean Lee will be a starter, was curious about his fellow PSU alum.
I haven't heard anything. Been a lot more talk about Bruce Carter.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Arkin. Leary has struggled with pass protection while Arkin has pretty much held his own.

Some quick hits from Brandon George:

Quote:

The Cowboys spent part of their practices Monday working on situational possessions, such as starting from the 1-yard line.
OT Pat McQuistan and OG Ronald Leary practiced center snaps before the start of the afternoon practice.
WR David Little and RB Javarris Williams Ė both signed Monday Ė did conditioning work during the practice.
Defensive linemen Jason Hatcher, Jay Ratliff and Marcus Spears ran sprints on the sideline during practice.
WR Andre Holmes dropped a pass to the left side during the walkthrough portion of the afternoon practice.
RB DeMarco Murray had a good run up the middle for a big gain, with OG David Arkin clearing the hole for him. OL coach Bill Callahan came up and patted him on the back after the block.
LB Dan Connor penetrated the line of scrimmage and blew up a run by RB Felix Jones. The run went for a loss,.
On a pass out to the left flat to FB Lawrence Vickers, safety Barry Church broke on the ball but arrived just after Vickers made the catch. Secondary coach Jerome Henderson yelled, ďTake that to the house. House that thing,Ē referring to Church getting there sooner to make the interception and return it for a touchdown.
Kicker Dan Bailey was again a perfect 4-for-4 on field goal attempts and has missed only once in seven practices. Delbert Alvarado was also 4-for-4 and made his longest attempt last despite a high snap that was handled well by punter Chris Jones.
In one-on-one drills, LB DeMarcus Ware gave LT Tyron Smith problems with quick moves to the outside. Also, DE Clifton Geathers ran right past OG Ronald Leary during the drill.
QB Stephen McGee threw a pass that bounced in front of an open WR Andre Holmes down the seam during team drills.
QB Tony Romo yelled at WR Dwayne Harris in team drills after throwing an incompletion in Harrisí direction. Harris appeared to either run the wrong route or not break properly.
LB VictorButlerwould have sacked Tony Romo on a blitz during team drills. CB Brandon Carr also blitzed on the play.
LB Bruce Carter would have sacked Tony Romo during team drills. The first-team offensive line struggled in team drills against blitzes from the first-team defense.
WR Raymond Radway dropped a pass to the right side despite making a good adjustment on a back-shoulder pass from QB Kyle Orton. CB C.J. Wilson and safety Mana Silva had Radway covered well.
WR Dwayne Harris dropped a pass on a crossing route from QB Stephen McGee.í
TE Jason Witten made a great catch on a crossing route. LB Bruce Carter had tight coverage onWitten, but Tony Romo made a perfect pass for the completion.
While in the hurry-up offense, WR Dez Bryant worked himself open near the sideline against CB Mario Butler for a big gain on a pass from Tony Romo. Safety Gerald Sensabaugh didnít get there in time to help on the play. Bryant also caught a touchdown from Romo on a fade pass to the left corner of the end zone againstButler.
WR Kevin Ogletree dropped a slant route pass from Tony Romo in which he might have scored if he would have held on.
CB Orlando Scandrick was called for a pass interference penalty in the back of the end zone, defending a Tony Romo pass that came in high to WR Tim Benford. It didnít appear that Scandrick interfered with Benford, however, before the ball arrived.
CB C.J. Wilson had back-to-back pass breakups in team drills against TE James Hanna and WR Raymond Radway.
LB Adrian Hamilton would have sacked QB Kyle Orton during team drills and he let everyone know it by screaming as he came around the corner.
Safety Mana Silva was called for a pass interference penalty in the end zone defending WR Cole Beasley down the left seam.
Speaking of WR Cole Beasley, he had his best day yet. The SMU product made at least three nice catches, including grabbing a touchdown on a short pass to the right side to end team drills.
Getting more concerned with our "top" competitors for the slot/#3 guy as none of them have performed well thus far. Holmes has been extremely up and down thus far. Ogletree IMHO is almost a lock to be cut. Radway hasn't fully recovered from last year and has had a lot of drops. Harris has had butter-fingers and has been yelled at by Romo on a couple days of practice now about route running / breaks.

Beasley, aside from his "I quit for personal reasons" last week and then returning, has been tearing it up though. He'll need to show something as a returner to make it though as he won't be of any use on ST with his stature.

Benford has looked good on some days, great on others, and then has a day where he drops everything.

I think we'll end up carrying 5 WRs so I'll write in pen for Dez, Miles, and Coale. Pencil in Beasley and Holmes for now. I would not be shocked at all though if we carry 6 WRs if Beasley continues to show extremely well as a WR but cannot get a grip on return duties. Fingers crossed that Coale plays up to snuff and takes the 3rd WR spot.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I was thinking it would be good for us to sign Plaxico Burress. He would shore up our WR situation.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was thinking it would be good for us to sign Plaxico Burress. He would shore up our WR situation.
i'd rather sign TO all plax does is catch jump balls. romo doesn't throw to recievers who don't separate well

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 08-06-2012 at 09:47 PM.
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
i'd rather sign TO all plax does is catch jump balls. romo doesn't throw to recievers who don't separate well
Fair point, I guess. Hadn't really thought of that, so I can't really refute it without putting more thought to it.

He does catch though. From the sound of camp so far, we have a lot of the hopefuls for the #3 WR job dropping a lot of balls.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fair point, I guess. Hadn't really thought of that, so I can't really refute it without putting more thought to it.

He does catch though. From the sound of camp so far, we have a lot of the hopefuls for the #3 WR job dropping a lot of balls.
if they do sign a reciever it aint gonna be TO or plax, or anybody with any kinda baggage attached. i can't think of anyone off the top of my head, maybe they look to chargers cuts, b/c they run the same offense

oh yeah how's ur summer d anything interesting happen?
Old 08-06-2012, 10:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The WR depth is certainly atrocious. And you know both Miles and Dez will be missing time. Neither can stay healthy and Dez...well...you never know.

Laurent was a godsend last year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:11 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
The WR depth is certainly atrocious. And you know both Miles and Dez will be missing time. Neither can stay healthy and Dez...well...you never know.

Laurent was a godsend last year.
im still holding out hope that someone emerges, but its really its the 4th wr if you count witten
Old 08-07-2012, 01:56 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
if they do sign a reciever it aint gonna be TO or plax, or anybody with any kinda baggage attached. i can't think of anyone off the top of my head, maybe they look to chargers cuts, b/c they run the same offense

oh yeah how's ur summer d anything interesting happen?
been a pretty chill summer. kids were out of school so we did a lot of family fun stuff. how about you? ...and everyone else???

great question!
Old 08-07-2012, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David DeCastro - G - Steelers
According to the Beaver County Times, Steelers rookie RG David DeCastro "hasn’t exactly been a camp sensation."
DeCastro has yet to unseat incumbent Ramon Foster, and admitted to quarterback Ben Roethlisberger he's struggling with the physical aspect of the NFL game. The Steelers didn't take the rare step of using a first-round pick on a guard to have him sit on the sideline, but it sounds like DeCastro is going to need every preseason rep he can get in preparation for Week 1.

I don't think this kid is going to be a bust; he's too talented for that. However, there were whispers out there before the draft if you wanted to listen that this guy was a bit overrated. I think he's going to be more of a technician in the NFL. The kid will be fine, but I do think it's interesting given all the debate on him with this board.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved DeCastro. I loved Zeitler too. I still think DeCastro will be a very good player, he might just need to muscle up in the gym a little first.

I think both will be studs. Part of me likes Zeitler more bc he's a road grader, but pass pro is more important nowadays, so DeCastro still gets the nod.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
been a pretty chill summer. kids were out of school so we did a lot of family fun stuff. how about you? ...and everyone else???

great question!
not much than helping my nephew and his track team train. he got to state in the 400,800 and long jump and he medaled in the 400.

i saw brandon carr at a track meet in garland, that dude is a big a$$ corner he looks like a linebacker, he is the opposite of terence newman
Old 08-07-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
David DeCastro - G - Steelers
According to the Beaver County Times, Steelers rookie RG David DeCastro "hasnít exactly been a camp sensation."
DeCastro has yet to unseat incumbent Ramon Foster, and admitted to quarterback Ben Roethlisberger he's struggling with the physical aspect of the NFL game. The Steelers didn't take the rare step of using a first-round pick on a guard to have him sit on the sideline, but it sounds like DeCastro is going to need every preseason rep he can get in preparation for Week 1.

I don't think this kid is going to be a bust; he's too talented for that. However, there were whispers out there before the draft if you wanted to listen that this guy was a bit overrated. I think he's going to be more of a technician in the NFL. The kid will be fine, but I do think it's interesting given all the debate on him with this board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I loved DeCastro. I loved Zeitler too. I still think DeCastro will be a very good player, he might just need to muscle up in the gym a little first.

I think both will be studs. Part of me likes Zeitler more bc he's a road grader, but pass pro is more important nowadays, so DeCastro still gets the nod.
not surprising he hasn't set the world on fire, i wouldve chosen cordy glenn at guard over decastro
Old 08-07-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing we should not do is get fooled by the sunshine pumping about Church. Let's not assume that just because Poole was cut that means Church will be good. IT could be that Poole was cut because he's out of shape and can't play.

I'm still pretty nervous about the safety position.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

If Jerrah could just get Dez and Bruce Carter to produce, I might just give Jerruh an "A" for the 2010 and 2011 drafts.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I will never be on the DeCastro or Barron bandwagons.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
I will never be on the DeCastro or Barron bandwagons.
Should that not be "I was never on" instead "will never be?"

Jeez what if both turn out amazing and Claiborne stinks?
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkills View Post
He is playing well. He and Carter are essentially splitting the snaps...and he's even getting some work on the weak side behind Lee. His versatility is a nice addition to the middle of our defense from the sounds of things. He will see the field a lot for us on first, second down and goal line situations.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote