Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Training Camp Superstars

Who were some of the players whom your team's beat-writers and fanbases swore would be great players based on their Training Camps and Preseasons, yet they never amounted to anything?

Some 49ers' Camp stars of recent years...

PJ Fleck
Marcus Maxwell
Thomas Clayton
Nate Davis
Kory Sheets
Old 08-08-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dexter McCluster, every year. He always shows up to camp and seriously impresses everyone and he never does it in a game.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ramses Barden - Usually great camps, but does nothing in the regular season. Most of the time not even active, because he doesn't play special teams. But he does have good camps.

David Douglas

Will Hill

Victor Cruz

Jerrel Jernigan

Mark Herzlich

Jason Pierre-Paul - May be a the category below of "superstar" but having a damn good camp, stopping RBs for loses, padding down passes, and usually you read, great pass by Eli, however in a game, Eli would have been sacked by JPP. So JPP is taking the next step in his development.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry Hughes seems to be that guy so far for the Colts this year. We'll see if it actually happens in a game this time.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Lloyd, Julian Edelman, Aaron Hernandez, Dont'a Hightower, Sterling Moore, and Tavon Wilson are getting a lot of hype in New England.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's usually just some depth receiver that ends up not doing much. Lately, of course, it's been Shawne Merriman, who "feels great" every preseason and looks the part before everything gets real. We all know how that one ends.

Losman and Edwards also had some good camps. Woof.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This year it's been mostly Julio Jones, sprinkled in with some Asante Samuel and Matt Ryan.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doug Martin
Tiquan Underwood
Ahmad Black
Lavonte David
Gerald McCoy
Vincent Jackson

All are looking like stars in camp

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Clowney played very well in camp and preseason games when he was with the Jets. I thought he would make an impact but never did. I think he's currently with Buffalo.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ramses Barden is the classic training camp superstar imo. Always gets tons of hype but the guy clearly will never produce on the field.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

issac redman, i ******* hate him. evander hood too, they always shine in training camp and preseason and then go on to epitomize mediocrity in the regular season. Camp heros, but painfully average players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Dexter McCluster, every year. He always shows up to camp and seriously impresses everyone and he never does it in a game.
You just wait

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Brandon Lloyd, Julian Edelman, Aaron Hernandez, Dont'a Hightower, Sterling Moore, and Tavon Wilson are getting a lot of hype in New England.
You left out Chandler Jones. CJ is getting a lot of hype these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Who were some of the players whom your team's beat-writers and fanbases swore would be great players based on their Training Camps and Preseasons, yet they never amounted to anything?

Some 49ers' Camp stars of recent years...

PJ Fleck
Marcus Maxwell
Thomas Clayton
Nate Davis
Kory Sheets
Nate Davis...I still have hope for him.

Anyways, I'm praying that Nate Palmer doesn't become the next fraud to top this list.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
RaiderDiehard
Rookie

RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kory Sheets is tearing up the CFL this season, if I recall correctly......
RaiderDiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These guys have been getting praised by the local media guys for the Rams

Jenoris Jenkins
Pead
Quinn (say he looks un blockable)
Quick
Givens
Brockers
Long
Bradford
Finnagen
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
RaiderDiehard
Rookie

RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quinn would strike me as somebody who would play better in camp. Could see him notch upwards of 12 sacks this year. Rare specimen.
RaiderDiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
These guys have been getting praised by the local media guys for the Rams

Jenoris Jenkins
Pead
Quinn (say he looks un blockable)
Quick
Givens
Brockers
Long
Bradford
Finnagen
Do the Rams have anyone who can block?

Feed Moncrief
Old 08-08-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Do the Rams have anyone who can block?

I am hearing OT's Saffold and Smith are getting better each day. O-line coach Paul Boudreau is supposed to be one of the best. Heard it was mostly technique with Smith. Boudreau said Smith would try to demolish DE's instead of just blocking them. LT Saffold has gained 15 lbs of muscle in the off season and looks good so far. He's up to 325. If these 2 can stay healthy and put it together, the Rams will be in really good shape. Their D has the potential to be elite, especially their d-line and CB's. MLB Lariunitus is very good too.

Last edited by armageddon : 08-08-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some people made Lorenzo Booker sound like Barry Sanders a few years back.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDiehard View Post
Quinn would strike me as somebody who would play better in camp. Could see him notch upwards of 12 sacks this year. Rare specimen.

Here is my concern with Quinn. He is so fast off the edge and he gets so wide so fast, that teams can run right at his vacant spot. He creates a huge hole there.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am hearing OT's Saffold and Smith are getting better each day. O-line coach Paul Boudreau is supposed to be one of the best. Heard it was mostly technique with Smith. Boudreau said Smith would try to demolish DE's instead of just blocking them. LT Saffold has gained 15 lbs of muscle in the off season and looks good so far. He's up to 325. If these 2 can stay healthy and put it together, the Rams will be in really good shape. Their D has the potential to be elite, especially their d-line and CB's. MLB Lariunitus is very good too.
You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to react like an oversensitive 12 year old and start insulting his team because he said something that was critical of your team.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to react like an oversensitive 12 year old and start insulting his team because he said something that was critical of your team.
Finally somebody with some sense

Feed Moncrief
Old 08-08-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post

Is this coming from that thread where I asked if the Pats had anybody who could cover ? Also, I can't say too much for anybody bashing the Rams as bad as they have sucked for so long, especially the o-line. But, I have a feeling people are going to be shocked how good the Rams are this year. They have lots of talent and finally real coaches.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Is this coming from that thread where I asked if the Pats had anybody who could cover ? Also, I can't say too much for anybody bashing the Rams as bad as they have sucked for so long, especially the o-line. But, I have a feeling people are going to be shocked how good the Rams are this year. They have lots of talent and finally real coaches.
Yes thats what it is from

But honestly there is a lot of talent on defense, the DL is loaded, Laurinaitis is solid but there probably are some questions around him, and the secondary is improved with the addition of Finnegan and this draft class. It will revolve around that DL, Long will be a beast and Quinn has the potential to be a terror. Add Brockers in the middle with Langford and that is a tough front 4. Fisher brought William Hayes over too he could be a decent rotational guy.

It comes down to Bradford and the offense. Jackson is a horse and Pead should lighten his workload, but it comes down to the OL and who Bradford is throwing to. Amendola is pretty good but Brian Quick is probably a project, but he has ability. Don't know what else there really is at receiver. If the line has improved as you said that would be big.

Bottom line is the team has more talent, Fisher will get them to play hard, and you are going to have some prime draft picks in the next couple of years. Things are looking pretty good

Feed Moncrief