Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
Here is my concern with Quinn. He is so fast off the edge and he gets so wide so fast, that teams can run right at his vacant spot. He creates a huge hole there.
Yeah, I hear ya...It sounds like Leonard Little Part Deux.

Don't get me wrong I loved LL but, man, he left such a gaping hole on his pass rush that I think he put Shaun Alexander in the Pro Bowl all by himself.

Quinn needs to become a total player complete with maintaining gap discipline and playing the run like it matters...because it does.
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate to say this, because I know Rams fans will get butthurt over it, but I wouldn't jock Steven Jackson too much. He's right around that magical number of carries when the players career falls off a cliff.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I hate to say this, because I know Rams fans will get butthurt over it, but I wouldn't jock Steven Jackson too much. He's right around that magical number of carries when the players career falls off a cliff.

Jackson is a freak of nature. He just came into camp in the best shape of his life. Body fat went down to 5% at 234 lbs. He looks quicker because of it. He is a rare specimen

Last edited by armageddon : 08-09-2012 at 02:55 PM.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Yes thats what it is from

But honestly there is a lot of talent on defense, the DL is loaded, Laurinaitis is solid but there probably are some questions around him, and the secondary is improved with the addition of Finnegan and this draft class. It will revolve around that DL, Long will be a beast and Quinn has the potential to be a terror. Add Brockers in the middle with Langford and that is a tough front 4. Fisher brought William Hayes over too he could be a decent rotational guy.

It comes down to Bradford and the offense. Jackson is a horse and Pead should lighten his workload, but it comes down to the OL and who Bradford is throwing to. Amendola is pretty good but Brian Quick is probably a project, but he has ability. Don't know what else there really is at receiver. If the line has improved as you said that would be big.

Bottom line is the team has more talent, Fisher will get them to play hard, and you are going to have some prime draft picks in the next couple of years. Things are looking pretty good

Pretty much agree on all points. The Rams have a lot of "what iffs". If those "what iffs" pan out, they could be dangerous.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:23 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

funny how every player who might be on a decline soon is in "the best shape of their life" every single year....tomlinson said the same thing
Old 08-09-2012, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am hearing OT's Saffold and Smith are getting better each day. O-line coach Paul Boudreau is supposed to be one of the best. Heard it was mostly technique with Smith. Boudreau said Smith would try to demolish DE's instead of just blocking them. LT Saffold has gained 15 lbs of muscle in the off season and looks good so far. He's up to 325. If these 2 can stay healthy and put it together, the Rams will be in really good shape. Their D has the potential to be elite, especially their d-line and CB's. MLB Lariunitus is very good too.
Quote:
Rams RT Jason Smith is losing some first-team reps to Barry Richardson.
Even though Smith is a former No. 2 overall pick and Richardson is a 2008 sixth-rounder, coach Jeff Fisher has opened up the job to competition. Smith certainly has more potential, but both are major liabilities pass protection right now. It's an area of concern for the Rams. Aug 9 - 10:13 AM
Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch
Bust IMHO...
Old 08-09-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

Quote:
Pretty much agree on all points. The Rams have a lot of "what iffs". If those "what iffs" pan out, they could be dangerous.

Not many people on this planet are built like Jackson. LT relied on speed, Jackson relies on power. I think it's hard to compare those two type or players regarding declining. I think Jackson has 3 more very productive years left before we see a decline.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Bust IMHO...

If Boudreau can't help Smith, then yes, he's a bust. But it's actually been his concussions more than his performance.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

Rams RT Jason Smith is losing some first-team reps to Barry Richardson.
Even though Smith is a former No. 2 overall pick and Richardson is a 2008 sixth-rounder, coach Jeff Fisher has opened up the job to competition. Smith certainly has more potential, but both are major liabilities pass protection right now. It's an area of concern for the Rams. Aug 9 - 10:13 AM
Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Bust IMHO...

I wouldn't read into that too much. When you move the ones and twos around it also lets them see different DE's instead of blocking the same guy all the time. They also get a feel for how the other players on the line with him play, in case of injury they have already played together some. Fisher has been moving 1's and 2's around a lot. Has nothing to do with who he favors and who he doesn't.