Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
quick is a very good friend of mine. my dawg is gonna be a straight up BEAST

Very cool. I kind of wish the Rams would have taken Jefferey, but I do think Quick has WAY more upside. Quick looks like an athletic freak. 6'5 220 lbs. Reminds me of TO, Andre Johnson and a more athletic Marshall. Am I off base ?
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Zeitler was impressive all day. Strong in the run game.

Vontaze looked good. Had the awesome pick.

Jones showed his explosive side.

Still had more than a few pressures. He played the run quite well.

Thompson plays bigger than he looks. Looked strong.

Dontay Moch who might as well be a rookie (played one snap last season in the pre season) looked really impressive.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And I have to add, having little to no expectation for Burfict is paying off. Making it easier to like him now.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-11-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
Very cool. I kind of wish the Rams would have taken Jefferey, but I do think Quick has WAY more upside. Quick looks like an athletic freak. 6'5 220 lbs. Reminds me of TO, Andre Johnson and a more athletic Marshall. Am I off base ?
He is deff a freak of nature. i watched him drop 32 in a middle school basketball game in 8th grade, nobody on our team could guard him. He was shooting left hand jumpers, right hand jumpers dunking and all of that. Thats when i knew he wasnt regular. The most humble guy in the world though.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Akiem Hicks still looks raw, as he should, but he is manhandling double teams against 2nd team offensive lines

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Rcee
Rookie

Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.

guess i'll do one for the broncos

Derek Wolfe: looked pretty good. had a couple of sacks, albeit against the bears. the first was a coverage/hustle sack but the second was a good play. looks pretty much exactly how i thought, a solid dude who gives it his all on every play.

Brock Osweiler: was surprisingly decent. small sample size, but didn't look completely confused, like i imagined he would.

Ronnie Hillman: didn't play, hammy.

Omar Bolden: didn't do anything to stand out which probably is a good thing for a DB.

Philip Blake: our backup oline looked pretty terrible altogether.

Malik Jackson: had a fumble recovery. surprised how big he looks, but didn't really stand out on the field

Danny Trevathan: looked fast. was all over the field.

Side notes: Shea McClellin looked good rushing the passer. Was against our backup line (which really is awful) but he passed the eye test. needs to get bigger if he wants to be an everydown player imo.

alshon jeffery looked pgood.

not a rookie, but nate irving was the most impressive player on the field in this game. thats not really saying much though.
Rcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tannehill looked pretty good, accurate, made some nice throws. Martin struggled a bit (couple offsides), but was ok. Olivier Vernon flashed some but is a while away. Egnew had one impressive catch then dropped an easy one the next play. Lamar Miller showed off some speed but didn't have many chances. Kheeston Randall and Rishard Matthews looked solid for late rounders.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Devon Wylie was impressive. Poe was solid but not great as he was doubled pretty much all night. Jeff Allen looked good, Donald Stephenson looked ok.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Devon Wylie was impressive. Poe was solid but not great as he was doubled pretty much all night. Jeff Allen looked good, Donald Stephenson looked ok.
Wylie flat dropped a very catchable pass on a crossing pattern. That said, he was open. His speed is very nice in the pattern. Til now Jamaal Charles wwas the only speed guy on the offense.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kuechly played very well tonight, looks like his transition is going to be seamless.

Silatolu was alright. Neither bad nor good. Hopefully he will continue to progress, definitely looked there was upside to him.

Joe Adams was a very quick and slippery return man, will almost certainly be our starting returner come week one.

Other than that, I did not see any noticeable rookie performances for the Panthers, although I did start to tune out later in the game.

Forgot about the punter Nortman. I doubt anyone cares, but he was impressive tonight.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 08-11-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Kevin Zeitler was impressive all day. Strong in the run game.

Vontaze looked good. Had the awesome pick.

Jones showed his explosive side.

Still had more than a few pressures. He played the run quite well.

Thompson plays bigger than he looks. Looked strong.

Dontay Moch who might as well be a rookie (played one snap last season in the pre season) looked really impressive.
How did Taveon Rodgers do? I think they may let him play a little at CB but he was mostly a returner and WR for us in college. He has a lot of speed. I was hoping the Texans would get him.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:13 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kendall Wright literally birthed a Phoenix carrying the sword of Gryffindor while on the field tonight.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:19 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Kendall Wright literally birthed a Phoenix carrying the sword of Gryffindor while on the field tonight.
I was just coming in to point that out. I think it was most notable - most indeed.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:15 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, Kendall looks like a surefire HOF. They might even have to make a new wing for him, so his statue won't be among among the lesser players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:48 AM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's all of Tannehill's week one snaps, courtesy of Universal Draft:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRLuJeICpoY
Old 08-13-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Weeden looked like a rookie a fumble and an interception, but has a very, very nice arm. He's already an upgrade over McCoy which isn't actually saying much.

Travis Benjamin is fast as hell, thanks Da U.

Josh Gordon had no ******* idea what he was doing. His head seems like it's spinning with an NFL playbook. Furthermore, his body straight up just doesn't seem ready to endure an NFL season - god help him, and more specifically, god help the Cleveland Browns. This could be one of the worst offenses in NFL history.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Brandon Weeden looked like a rookie a fumble and an interception, but has a very, very nice arm. He's already an upgrade over McCoy which isn't actually saying much.
The negatives about drafting Weeden have been talked about to death so no need for me to pile on those. Like you said at the end of the day he is a upgrade over Mccoy and I guess thats atleast half the battle. He did make a really nice throw to Benjamin early on in the game.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bill Bentley looked really good in camp and in the first preseason game. He'll probably struggle with bigger receivers but he can definitely play and has exceeded expectations so far.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blackmon, Branch, and Anger will make immediate impacts.
Marshall, Harris, and Pendleton are fighting for backup jobs. Pendleton may end up on PS. Julian Stanford is amazing. Already has a roster spot locked up. So if anyone here was high on him before the draft, you can feel good about that.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The ascension of Nick Foles begins.

Quote:
“His poise has really impressed me,” Vick said. “Obviously, he has a big-time arm. I think Nick has all the ingredients to be a great quarterback in this league.”
Quote:
“I think what you look at with any rookie is, are they getting better every day?” Reid said. “He seems to be doing that, and is more comfortable. We’ve got a load of plays in for him and he’s able to recite those properly. Now it is just making sure he’s got everybody down and that comes with reps but I would tell you we knew he was smart coming in and he hasn’t disappointed us in that area. He’s a pretty sharp kid, very diligent, works hard, and all of those things.”
Nick Foles is currently the #2 QB on the Eagles depth chart because Mike Kafka broke a bone in his non-throwing hand and given Mike Kafka's mediocre play so far in his career and mediocre tools, it's there for Nick to take permanently if he wants it.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh god. What team will be fleeced this time?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Oh god. What team will be fleeced this time?
Andy Reid's gift to the NFL. There certainly is no one better at trading mediocre backup QB's for high draft picks.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Mo Sanu caught a TD. Looked sexy doing it. I think scotty is still fapping.

Marvin Jones looked all kinds of awesome.

Still and Thompson didn't look as good as last week but both played the run well.

Iloka still needs work but can play the run well.

Orson Charles is playing solid. Shows potential to be an all around TE.

The OL as a whole (not just Zeitler) had an off night. Especially when Andy came out of the game and the starting OL was still in.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-17-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Still looked pretty darn good but I didn't really get to see him last week. He had multiple good pressures including that fluke tip play that ATL converted.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
I thought Still looked pretty darn good but I didn't really get to see him last week. He had multiple good pressures including that fluke tip play that ATL converted.
Still is gonna be a steal IMO.
He looks really damn good at times. Need get consistency up.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack