Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-14-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
One time in his career his OPS has been higher than Miggy's. Never hit for a better average, Miggy drives in more runs....the only thing Bats has on him is jacks.
Well..looking at Bautistas career before he changed his batting approach is pointless.

Also...the fact that you phrase RBIs in a way that it is better than HRs is hilarious.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Well..looking at Bautistas career before he changed his batting approach is pointless.

Also...the fact that you phrase RBIs in a way that it is better than HRs is hilarious.
If RBIs really matter then Votto is ****** because he has the worst OBP in front of him.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Even when Bats has changed his approach Miggy has been better. Adam Dunn hits a lot of home runs and I dont think hes a great hitter...so home runs dont impress me all that much.

You can hit 30 hr's a year and still strike out 200 times. Good for ******* you lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
If RBIs really matter then Votto is ****** because he has the worst OBP in front of him.
Clearly if Votto is so good then people in front of him should be getting on base more. He really needs to work on that.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Quote:
Even when Bats has changed his approach Miggy has been better. Adam Dunn hits a lot of home runs and I dont think hes a great hitter...so home runs dont impress me all that much.

You can hit 30 hr's a year and still strike out 200 times. Good for ******* you lol.
Except he hasnt been. They have essentially been neck and neck. Bautista had a ******* .447 OBP last year...why the **** are you bringing up Adam Dunn.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Except he hasnt been. They have essentially been neck and neck. Bautista had a ******* .447 OBP last year...why the **** are you bringing up Adam Dunn.
Because you seem to think HR's determine how good of a hitter you are...

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Quote:
Because you seem to think HR's determine how good of a hitter you are...
No, they are just a way more important stat than ******* RBIs.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

And Miggy had a .448 OBP last season.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
No, they are just a way more important stat than ******* RBIs.
Way more important huh?

Hitting with RISP isnt important to you?

Quote:

Last edited by SickwithIt1010 : 08-14-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Way more important huh?

Except RBI's depend on chances.
Like for Votto.
Votto has a crazy high BA w/RISP last I checked.
But had stupid low RBI numbers.

Joey has a .371 BA w/RISP and gets on at a .539 clip w/RISP
He only has 49 RBI.

(even at the time he left the lineup those RBI totals were not high)

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-14-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Quote:
Way more important huh?

Yes, infinitely times more important.

The only RBI that is worth a damn is the one that you get for hitting a HR.

Hitting with RISP is another event dependent stat.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
And Miggy had a .448 OBP last season.
Jeez louis you are right.

They sure seem like they are pretty comparable hitters to me.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Yes, infinitely times more important.

The only RBI that is worth a damn is the one that you get for hitting a HR.

Hitting with RISP is another event dependent stat.
Infinitely times....jesus.

Quote:
Old 08-14-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jeez louis you are right.

They sure seem like they are pretty comparable hitters to me.
Eh, not really. One is a better contact hitter than the other, one hits more HR's than the other

pretty different hitters tbh, both very good though.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Eh, not really. One is a better contact hitter than the other, one hits more HR's than the other

So you could almost say it's about personal preference to whether you value contact or HR more?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-14-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Quote:

ya...sorry bout that..kind of unclear but I meant comparable in terms of who is better overall.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Actually, I should rephrase that. Bautista most likely would hit for a better BA if he wasn't so pull/hr happy. His LD% is very poor and his FB% is extremely high

everything else shows that he is a good hitter though. Great eye at the plate, doesn't K a lot and his contact % isn't that far off from Miggy's. They just go about it in different ways to get the results they do
Old 08-14-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All those guys sans Dunn are awesome hitters. What the **** are you guys debating?

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Everyone was saying how Miggy was def a top 3 hitter.

I decided to play devils advocate.

Then people started jerking off to how many runs you bat in.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
All those guys sans Dunn are awesome hitters. What the **** are you guys debating?
Top 3 hitters in baseball! GO!

Quote:
Old 08-14-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Theriot ... Belt ... Posey. DUH!!!!

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
None of that is relevant for determining the best hitter. I'm fully aware of OPS, but on base percentage is no factor for best hitter. Now, If the question was best offensive player you'd have a point.
Please leave.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are two very simple stats to settle this debate: wOBA and wRC.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Joey Votto, Matt Kemp, Miguel Cabrera

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Joey Votto, Matt Kemp, Miguel Cabrera
I was thinking Hamilton instead of Kemp, but that's nitpicking.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote