Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 08-10-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brady Quinn is still Brady Quinn.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stanzi might win the backup job by default
Old 08-10-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that INT was on Wylie not Quinn
Old 08-10-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quinn is god awful.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

what a breath of fresh air to have a legit RT in there.our OL looked solid
Old 08-11-2012, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This team is freaking stacked at RB.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quinn was SOOOO terrible. I think it will be like I said earlier in the year. Quinn is the gameday #2, but really the #3 if Cassel goes down for more than part of a game.

Like Splat said, Brady Quinn is still Brady Quinn. And I don't know why people thought that would change.

Toribio was the biggest surprise, imo.

Last edited by nepg : 08-11-2012 at 10:11 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poe had a good play when he pushed the guard back into the QB and allowed Houston to rack up a sack (JHou looks awesome btw) but other than that he was doubled all damn night. You can see he does have that legit strength people were talking about.

Old 08-11-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Houston looks really comfortable.

Also, the safety depth look really good this year. The Abram Elam pick was just a great play. Very underrated signing.

Could be a seriously dominant defense.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just a few thoughts after 1 preseason game.

Brian Daboll fits our personnel perfectly. he calls a lot of very good running plays that fit our style, both inside and out. his flow with the 1st team offense and Matt Cassel is undeniable. mixing the running plays with playaction and all of them being effective is nice to see.

i know it is only 1 preseason game and it did come against the Cardinals defense, but Cassel looks like a different QB. you can tell he is happy to come into work. he likes working with the coaching staff and players. i don't know that all of that will translate into a great season for him, but i do know that him having a good attitude and confidence won't keep him from achieving his goals.

our RB situation is AWESOME! we are very DEEP. Charles, Hillis, Draughn, and Gray all looked good. obviously, having multiple RBs is a good problem to have. i think it is even more important for the Chiefs this year. keeping Charles fresh and not over working him early or late will pay off big for the Chiefs in the near future.

our defense has all the making of a dominant unit. the biggest reason why, IMO? pass rush, pass rush, pass rush. we have capabilties of getting pass rush with only rushing 4 and our blitzes look almost unstoppable. Houston appears to be the real deal. him combined with Hali and a push from the interior of the DLine will make for a long season from opposing QBs.

the depth @ the NT spot is a pleasant (pun intended) surprise. Toribio and Powe played very well. having guys to play the position well will help Poe develope at a better pace. he won't be asked to step right in and learn by fire. it will give him a visual on how to play the technique and time for Pleasant to explain the technique.

i have already talked about the RBs, but i wanted to target 1 specifically. Peyton Hillis is exactly what we thought we had with Jones last year. he is an absolute bruiser with a chip on his shoulder. he is young, talented, HUGE and he wants to prove to the world that 2010 was no fluke. i really like his fit on this team. he is the perfect change of pace RB for Charles. good luck AFC West trying to arm tackle that man.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I think that was the most relaxed I have seen Cassel. I mean not having Todd Haley breathing down his neck has to help.

My biggest surprise was Steve Maneri. This guy was on the freaking OL last year, I mean I know he played some TE in college but still.

Last edited by Splat : 08-11-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Yeah, Maneri looked good when they put him at TE last year. It's amazing how a below average college TE can be converted to OT and then back to TE and look like an above average pass catching TE who is potentially a great blocker. He's going to be a great tool for this team.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Rodney Hudson looked GREAT at center last night
Old 08-11-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

on the broadcast they said Maneri has lost 45 lbs by "not ordering the 2 for $20 @ Applebees." i can eat alot. i'm 6' 237 lbs. there is 0% chance i could finish a 2 for $20 by myself.

on the topic of big men, Ripati Pitoitua is a monster of a man.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'm 6'2 and probably hovering around 240 (I know, I need to start cutting again) and I couldn't finish the 2 for $20.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
what a breath of fresh air to have a legit RT in there.our OL looked solid
I grant the Cardinals didnt throw much at them, but the OL did look good: Lilja looked much more comfortable; Winston looked like a long time member; Hudson looked like he belonged. Albert and Asamoah I expect good things from. Getting it all across is very nice.

It was nice to see Elam make a big play. With Kendrick Lewis less than 100%, we need him to perform.

Have you seen anyone more open than Hillis on his TD? Baldwin sucked away all the coverage on that side. No one around the water cooler knows his name, but I guarantee DCs do.

Is Maneri a serious possibility as blocking TE? That could be interesting.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I'm 6'2 and probably hovering around 240 (I know, I need to start cutting again) and I couldn't finish the 2 for $20.
We have some big guys here. I'm 6'1" 270. No chance I do the 2 for $20. I dont even do a whole $12 pizza.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:30 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Poe had a good play when he pushed the guard back into the QB and allowed Houston to rack up a sack (JHou looks awesome btw) but other than that he was doubled all damn night. You can see he does have that legit strength people were talking about.
Poe had some good plays, but he has a lot of work to do. Nothing shocking though and no reason to panic. He did show some nice things.

One thing that did kinda irk me is it seemed like he was taking an awful while to get out of his stance.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I wouldn't even want to (aside from the fact that I would never go to Applebee's). When I hear about **** like that, I'm pretty sure I would have ended up a Casey Wiegmann-sized center...if that.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I wouldn't even want to (aside from the fact that I would never go to Applebee's). When I hear about **** like that, I'm pretty sure I would have ended up a Casey Wiegmann-sized center...if that.
lets not get confused here. i dont seek Applebees. 54th St sponsors my softball team and i would much rather have the worst thing off their menu over the best thing served @ Applebees.

you look at some of the OLineman now working in the broadcasting field, most of them look a lot smaller than they were when playing. Damien Woody maybe the exception. it seems that most of these guys really have to work at staying big.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

went back and watched the game again and without even catching a pass Baldwin had a tremendous impact.clearing out the DB for Cassel to Hillis for the 1st TD & then on the big pass play to McCluster Baldwin once again drew away the DB opening it up for DMC
Old 08-12-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
lets not get confused here. i dont seek Applebees. 54th St sponsors my softball team and i would much rather have the worst thing off their menu over the best thing served @ Applebees.

you look at some of the OLineman now working in the broadcasting field, most of them look a lot smaller than they were when playing. Damien Woody maybe the exception. it seems that most of these guys really have to work at staying big.
Yeah, you do really have to work to stay that big.

I was a lazy sack in the off-season, but I'd go from 220 to 200 during football season. Practice is ridiculous. Especially 2-3 practices a day.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the quality on the Charles sig I posted last time went to **** so I reuploaded it. One last time, if anyone wants this sig, it's theres, just give me credit:

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

here is a good read about Peyton Hillis, the man and what last year did to him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/82...s-ready-reboot

i really like this guy. he had a terrible year last year and he takes the blame for it. if he is even close to what i imagine he can be, he will be the perfect compliment to JC. i really think he is my new favorite Chief. even w/o playing a down that counts. he reminds me so much of the RBs i grew up cheering for. big, hard nosed, never afraid of contact, kinda like this generations Christian Okoye. some times a defense just needs to be smacked in the mouth and beaten into submission. Hillis is just the kind of RB to do that (and enjoy doing it).
Old 08-14-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heard the first preseason went well. I guess I'm not to worried about DBowe coming into camp. He has no reason to sandbag it this year. my concern is why he isn't in camp right now. He's not hurting anyone but himself with that.

Next question, is how did Stanzi look? It sounds like he wasn't the greatest, but a three foot pile of crap looks better than a five foot pile. Like I said, I' not going to get overtly excited over a mediocore cardinals team in the first game of preseason.