Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Carolina Panthers Team Forum

Carolina Panthers Team Forum Discuss the Panthers

Old 08-16-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Opinion on team needs

I know we haven't started the season yet, but what do you think as of now appears to be our needs for next year?

I'd say OT definitely has to be up there with how the Otah thing played out (though no one is surprised by it), Gross mentioning "winding down his career", and Byron Bell being the starter at RT combined with questionable at best depth.
JPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Secondary is a big need. Gamble is the only solid player back there. Norman may take the #2 spot and prove reliable, but we will have to see. Defensive tackle is another area of concern, Edwards being back may help fix things and the young tackles may come through, but again we will have to see. Offensive tackle definately could be a spot worth addressing, but not exactly top priority IMO. Finding another wide receiver to eventually replace Smith would rate higher for that side of the ball.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:19 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Secondary is a big need. Gamble is the only solid player back there. Norman may take the #2 spot and prove reliable, but we will have to see. Defensive tackle is another area of concern, Edwards being back may help fix things and the young tackles may come through, but again we will have to see. Offensive tackle definately could be a spot worth addressing, but not exactly top priority IMO. Finding another wide receiver to eventually replace Smith would rate higher for that side of the ball.
I'd say its DT, WR, S...and the secondary needs would be OL, CB and OLB.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have absolutely no need for linebackers outside of pure depth players. Kuechly, Beason and Anderson are all solid starters, plus whatever Thomas Davis can contribute.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 08-25-2012, 09:38 AM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watch the right side of the OL tomorrow and tell me it isn't a need.

Hard to imagine LB being on our needs unless it's just to upgrade depth. I know most Panther fans are infatuated with Phillips & Senn, but Phillips is insanely slow and Senn is, well, not that good.
JPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPF View Post
Watch the right side of the OL tomorrow and tell me it isn't a need.

Hard to imagine LB being on our needs unless it's just to upgrade depth. I know most Panther fans are infatuated with Phillips & Senn, but Phillips is insanely slow and Senn is, well, not that good.
Yeah, I would definitely offensive tackle has moved up on my priority list this preseason. Tonight the line in general was far from spectacular.

Sig by Matthew Jones