Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-16-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I think in part its how it was worded, I think we can all agree that Dallas is having interior line issues. But it was just a chance to get a rub in. Could of easily said with the DT's on the schedule they are going to struggle.

As much as I despise Dallas and NYG I know what it is being a fan and as much as I would like to taunt I remember how much I have in my team and don't. Heck usually the eagles board is so darn dead since sniper is gone I talk alot here and on the NY forums.
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
TheFlash (CDCB)
Rookie

TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Witten isn't going to play in the opener. There is just no way he is going to be able to take an NFL hit 20 days from now, and with the added rest after the game before week 2, it just doesn't make sense. I'd rather have a 100% Jason Witten for 15 games than risk him being out for the season or even worse overall health risks to play in that Giants game. I'd say it's less than 20% that he plays. I hope i'm wrong, but I doubt it.

I know that Giants game is huge for our season, but we can still beat them without Witten if the rest of the team plays well and we get a little luck. Besides, John Phillips is at least respectable as a back-up for a game or two. He's an underrated back-up who is just a good, solid football player. Kind of like a Barry Church type, if you will. I trust Romo to put up points for a couple games without Witten. It sucks, but things happen.

A positive that's being lost in all of the OL struggles and the Witten injury is that the defense looks really good. If Claiborne can get his feet under him on the NFL level quickly and Mike Jenkins gets healthy, this defense should be really, really good. So much more youth and athleticism compared to years past. I'm looking forward to finally getting off the field on 3rd down a lot more than we have over the past 2 years.

Last edited by TheFlash (CDCB) : 08-16-2012 at 11:39 PM.
TheFlash (CDCB) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:02 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlash View Post
Witten isn't going to play in the opener. There is just no way he is going to be able to take an NFL hit 20 days from now, and with the added rest after the game before week 2, it just doesn't make sense. I'd rather have a 100% Jason Witten for 15 games than risk him being out for the season or even worse overall health risks to play in that Giants game. I'd say it's less than 20% that he plays. I hope i'm wrong, but I doubt it.

I know that Giants game is huge for our season, but we can still beat them without Witten if the rest of the team plays well and we get a little luck. Besides, John Phillips is at least respectable as a back-up for a game or two. He's an underrated back-up who is just a good, solid football player. Kind of like a Barry Church type, if you will. I trust Romo to put up points for a couple games without Witten. It sucks, but things happen.

A positive that's being lost in all of the OL struggles and the Witten injury is that the defense looks really good. If Claiborne can get his feet under him on the NFL level quickly and Mike Jenkins gets healthy, this defense should be really, really good. So much more youth and athleticism compared to years past. I'm looking forward to finally getting off the field on 3rd down a lot more than we have over the past 2 years.
I agree and posted the same thing. Witten should sit week 1. That game is huge, but then again it's not going to make or break our season.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lost Nagy to the Lions. I HATE waiver rules during preseason. Stashing and season ending injuries are not the same.

We'll know a lot more about Witten in 10 days. The spleen can be remarkable with recoveries and since by all accounts the laceration was "extremely small" / low grade 1 I imagine he'll be pushing hard to be back week 1.

Plus our tough, farm-boy, TE is not going to want to be out-done by his QB who played through a punctured lung.

All kidding aside if Hanna plays like he did against Oakland the rest of preseason I would probably shut Witten down for week 1 regardless of the prognosis.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't see a lot of the 2nd half, but did they start splitting Hanna out at all?

Old 08-17-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
Well, initially I came over here to express concern for the interior of your offensive line and get you all to talk about it and how it might get fixed but instead some troll started talking about Michael Vick and a soft defensive line.
well what about the eagles line without peters who can block ware?
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not feeling good about this team. WR depth, TE depth now, O line in general, I wouldnt be surprised to see 3rd place in the division. All we need is a Dez injury and were royally ******. And sadly it all gets blamed on Romo. When hes scrambling for his life and tries to make a play to a udfa at WR and its a pick all well hear is "crap on Tony" week everywhere. Like if he quit golfing our line would be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Im not feeling good about this team. WR depth, TE depth now, O line in general, I wouldnt be surprised to see 3rd place in the division. All we need is a Dez injury and were royally ******. And sadly it all gets blamed on Romo. When hes scrambling for his life and tries to make a play to a udfa at WR and its a pick all well hear is "crap on Tony" week everywhere. Like if he quit golfing our line would be better.
yeah but that every team, everybody is one injury away from complete disaster. giants were 6-2, tuck goes down and they go 6-7. colts lose manning and were lucky to win even 2 games, its the way of the nfl. giants are thinking the same about their corners and the eagles have great dline depth but how good is their o-line without jason peters anchoring it? packers had injuries everywhere but young players (shields, walden, starks) and got the job done. other than center its a good oppurnity for other guys to get more reps in practice, its not the end of the world.... yet
Old 08-17-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igglefanz View Post
Well I think in part its how it was worded, I think we can all agree that Dallas is having interior line issues. But it was just a chance to get a rub in. Could of easily said with the DT's on the schedule they are going to struggle.

As much as I despise Dallas and NYG I know what it is being a fan and as much as I would like to taunt I remember how much I have in my team and don't. Heck usually the eagles board is so darn dead since sniper is gone I talk alot here and on the NY forums.
Chat here all you want. It sucks being a Cowboys fan right now. Worst team in the division.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
TheFlash (CDCB)
Rookie

TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After looking at the way things have gone... I really think the Cowboys should get some sort of compensation for starting the pre-season on monday night, then having to play the Giants on the wednesday night opener. We got 3 less padded practices than everyone else but the Raiders who are in the same situation, but the raiders are starting the season on a usual sunday so it doesn't matter as much. That's bull. You can get A LOT done in 3 practices, especially a Jason Garrett practice. I seriously think we should get a late round draft pick from the league or something. It's a serious disadvantage.

None of it matters if we beat the Giants, but still, someone in the scheduling office screwed us over big time.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
After looking at the way things have gone... I really think the Cowboys should get some sort of compensation for starting the pre-season on monday night, then having to play the Giants on the wednesday night opener. We got 3 less padded practices than everyone else but the Raiders who are in the same situation, but the raiders are starting the season on a usual sunday so it doesn't matter as much. That's bull. You can get A LOT done in 3 practices, especially a Jason Garrett practice. I seriously think we should get a late round draft pick from the league or something. It's a serious disadvantage.

None of it matters if we beat the Giants, but still, someone in the scheduling office screwed us over big time.
thats the curse of being america's team. were always a big draw from either our fans or the millions that like to see the cowboys lose rather than their favorite team win. but at least we get extra days to prepare for a real game in seattle. whixh actually might be nice b/c traveling to ny and seattle back 2 back weeks is tough, so at least we have a few extra days btw each.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by igglefanz View Post

its cool i would tallk more trash on ya'lls board too if it were more active
Old 08-18-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jordan Shipley got cut by the Bengals. Not sure about you guys but I think we should do what we can to claim him. Could at least give us a guy who has made a few NFL catches in the Slot competing for the #3 job.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys View Post
Jordan Shipley got cut by the Bengals. Not sure about you guys but I think we should do what we can to claim him. Could at least give us a guy who has made a few NFL catches in the Slot competing for the #3 job.
he'd be perfect for the Cowboys, he's already banged up

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
TheFlash (CDCB)
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
thats the curse of being america's team. were always a big draw from either our fans or the millions that like to see the cowboys lose rather than their favorite team win. but at least we get extra days to prepare for a real game in seattle. whixh actually might be nice b/c traveling to ny and seattle back 2 back weeks is tough, so at least we have a few extra days btw each.
That has nothing to do with scheduling our pre-season opener on monday night. By NFL rules, you start your training camp 15 days before your first pre-season game. So everyone in the league started before us besides the raiders. Our players get significantly less rest and we have 3 less padded practices than the Giants. That's a big deal. The Cowboys should get something. The league really messed up. I know nothing is going to happen, but in professional sports something like this shouldn't happen.

The NFL is a multi-billion dollar corporation, 2nd grade mistakes like that are simply unacceptable.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The NFL is a multi-billion dollar corporation, 2nd grade mistakes like that are simply unacceptable.
TNewFan/Airmax/CDCB.... is that you?
Old 08-18-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
TheFlash (CDCB)
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
TNewFan/Airmax/CDCB.... is that you?
Nope, I am not a previous poster. I've been a long time reader, and believe it or not the Dark Knight Rises thread is what made me join because I wanted to discuss the film with other fans.

The Giants don't impress me by the way. If we can keep Romo upright I think we should have a pretty good shake at winning that game. Also, can't wait to see Mo in a Cowboys uniform tonight. 25 minutes!

Old 08-18-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

arkin needs cut now

Old 08-18-2012, 09:49 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Carrrrrrrrrrrrr

Old 08-18-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wooo B-Carr!!
Old 08-18-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Nice catch Ogs

Old 08-18-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

I like this Olawale guy, runs hard.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Tanner better get healthy or he's gonna lose his roster spot to Olawale

Old 08-18-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Carrrrrrrr

Old 08-18-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Jonesssssss