Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 07-30-2012, 08:16 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
Another Iowa running back got arrested (twice!).
http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2...-johnson-alone

Its a curse worse than the Madden curse.
I used to wonder, with the OL Iowa usually puts out, why more top RB prospects don't seriously consider us. I should have known AIRBHG has a national reputation...

Seriously though, you are looking at starting the season with the chance to take a bulk of the carries with little to no competition, and you do this. I understand the first issue, while still being an idiot, it was just a party. But less than a week later you try to run from the cops after speeding like an idiot. Great life decisions, my friend.

On the plus side, it looks like Akeel Lynch might transfer from PSU. Yay?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys, it's been a while, so I thought I'd post some entertainment. This in response to PSU's top WR Justin Brown reportedly transferring to either Oklahoma or Illinois...

Quote:
Again I will repeat what I said Illinois is a better team than Oklahoma this year, and they have Scheelhaase at QB. I'd take Scheelhaase over Jones in the college game (And it would be a decision for the pro's if both were coming out at the same time).

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wisky's alternate uniforms against Nebraska

Quote:
The block "W" design is a tribute to Wisconsin's 1962 Big Ten championship team, which celebrates its 50th anniversary this fall
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those are absolutely hideous.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow those are bad. Someone thought those looked cool and got paid to design that?

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

umm WTF those jerseys suck....

we should have a picture of

on front and back, holding a beer in 1 hand and a brat in the other. Along with a cheesehead on his head. Now that would be awesome.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Nebraska ones are just as bad. Well actually, maybe a little better, but still far from good.

I get that the two teams have similar uniforms so they wanted to change it up when they play, but that was not the right solution.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
The Nebraska ones are just as bad. Well actually, maybe a little better, but still far from good.

I get that the two teams have similar uniforms so they wanted to change it up when they play, but that was not the right solution.

I think I found the inspiration for Nebraska's unis....

http://bestofthe80s.wordpress.com/2012/06/22/the-noid/
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Wisconsin ones. Very retro. Nebraska, ehhhh....i have a negative stigma in my mind when it comes to red on red uniforms thanks to the '70s blood red Cleveland Indians unis.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adidas sucks at trying to be Nike.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:10 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both suck. Really bad actually.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can't really make that far back retro styles look anything close to modern. Stop trying.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-...080712aaa.html

Penn State is putting names on the back of their jerseys.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
lacotomo
Rookie

lacotomo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
I dare you to try and get into UofM's undergraduate business program. Maybe the fact that those programs up north require more than a pulse to get into has something to do with it.
Many undergrad degrees at Michigan require 2 years of general studies to get a high enough grade point to be accepted into the specific degree school. I am a UofM grad who took two years of general studies or 'Pre-Business' in order to get into the Business school and get a degree in Accounting.

Now I am not implying all of our fine student/athletes are in the same types of programs....I was born at night, just not last night. I think taking general class registrations for degrees to make a sign like that MIGHT be slightly misleading.... ;)
lacotomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-...080712aaa.html

Penn State is putting names on the back of their jerseys.
They're getting as far away from Joe Pa as possible.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like terrible news up at UM... Ambulance called to Schembechler Hall for a spinal injury. Really hoping that this is just a precautionary thing.

Football is such a dumb sport.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Sounds like terrible news up at UM... Ambulance called to Schembechler Hall for a spinal injury. Really hoping that this is just a precautionary thing.

Football is such a dumb sport.
Freshman DL Ondre Pipkens. Currently he has movement in all of his extremities and was taken to the hospital for precautionary reasons.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:12 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Freshman DL Ondre Pipkens. Currently he has movement in all of his extremities and was taken to the hospital for precautionary reasons.
That is fantastic news. I always get sick hearing or seeing these kinds of things.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:43 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, it's great news.

Yesterday, Michigan lost freshman DE Chris Wormley for the season due to a torn ACL.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Yeah, it's great news.

Yesterday, Michigan lost freshman DE Chris Wormley for the season due to a torn ACL.
Yeah, that is bad news. Kid will be a beast, and seems like great kid overall.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Noah Spence seems to be earning some praise. Urban Meyer still doesn't seem to be impressed by our wide receivers yet.

I can't wait to see Ryan Shazier explode this year.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta love ESPN. So in this link, they announce that the winning school will get $10,000 added to their general scholarship fund:

http://www.clc.com/clcweb/publishing...tition+on+ESPN

Today, with Penn State up by 20,000 votes, ESPN has now removed all mention of the winning school receiving $10,000 to their scholarship fund on the contest page and in the "Official Rules and Prizes." So this means one of two things, either they pulled the scholarship because they refuse to give Penn State any scholarship money or they are still going to give the prize but don't want it publicized. Classy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-20-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nevermind my comment made no sense upon further review.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Last edited by BuckeyeDan17 : 08-20-2012 at 01:13 PM.
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

FWIW, it has been confirmed that the winning school will still win the $10,000 scholarship. They just removed all mention of it, likely to distance themselves from the fact that they are doing it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-22-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Ohio State All Access

Most of the clips from the ESPN program. Hell of a series of commercials for OSU football. The program needed something like that. Meyer is a 180 from Tressel wrt his relationship with the media.

Even you OSU haters should watch a few clips.