Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
I'm super excited. Not trying to make excuses, (followed with my excuse) but that one preseason game is really the only bad game Jake has played in the NFL. It is a learning experience and he will have more games like it, but I still think he is going to be a solid QB.
Jake Locker's going to be great once he gets settled in, it's a shame Britt's such a fucknut cause that's going to be a very fun to watch offense when everything's clicking.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...g-quarterback/

Dolphins officially name Tannehill their starting QB to the surprise of basically no one.

That will make 4 rookie starting QBs this year. The times they are a-changin'
Old 08-20-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dez Bryant getting an MRI on his knee. Imagine no Bryant, Witten, or Miles. Holy crap Dallas.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

Dolphins officially name Tannehill their starting QB to the surprise of basically no one.

They really are...it's a far cry from when Big Ben was a rookie in 2004 and everyone made a huge deal out of it and how he played. It will be interesting to see how Luck/Griffin/Tannehill/Weeden perform.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Dez Bryant getting an MRI on his knee. Imagine no Bryant, Witten, or Miles. Holy crap Dallas.
Once Felix and DeMarco get their annual bang ups, it's going to be Romo and...???

They better hope they find another Laurent Robinson.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Once Felix and DeMarco get their annual bang ups, it's going to be Romo and...???

They better hope they find another Laurent Robinson.
I might even feel a little bad for Romo. Might.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I might even feel a little bad for Romo. Might.
Well, his blindside should be somewhat well protected. That's about all the more positives I can think up.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

So that means Luck, Griffin, Tannehill and Weeden? I'd probably throw in a chance that Russell Wilson starts for Seattle. The common theme except for the Seahawks is the others are going to have losing records.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i could definitely see luck and griffin getting winning records

colts should be able to contend with all the teams in that division, even the heavy favorite texans they should at least be competitive with.

and the redskins are in a division that is going to beat up on each other, but they have a stout defense and griffin looks pretty comfortable so far, i dont think its out of the realm of possibility espeically with how shannahan uses any and all RBs

Tannerhill and Weeden have a rough road ahead of them, even if both show significant promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.

Last edited by K Train : 08-20-2012 at 02:52 PM.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i could definitely see luck and griffin getting winning records

colts should be able to contend with all the teams in that division, even the heavy favorite texans they should at least be competitive with.

and the redskins are in a division that is going to beat up on each other, but they have a stout defense and griffin looks pretty comfortable so far, i dont think its out of the realm of possibility espeically with how shannahan uses any and all RBs

Tannerhill and Weeden have a rough road ahead of them, even if both show significant promise
I wouldn't be surprised if Griffin busts - all the hype he received really made him that much easier to root against. He looks so much more skittish in the pocket than Luck too.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Griffin busts - all the hype he received really made him that much easier to root against. He looks so much more skittish in the pocket than Luck too.
i mean i wouldnt be shocked, but he actually has a bunch of good receiving backs, a decent line, some good TEs as a safety net, and some decent guys out wide. None of which are world beaters but a solid group overall i think.

Luck looked masterful against my steelers, hes going to be so good. but i am a fan of griffin too, i could see both not only having good individual rookie years but decent win total too

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Colts getting a winning record? I very much doubt it. Luck is going to be a good quarterback, but taking the Colts from 2 wins to 9+ wins is too big of a step. Especially with their current roster.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heard someone mentioned Jordan Shipley was picked up by the Bucs. Glad it was an NFC team

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
The Colts getting a winning record? I very much doubt it. Luck is going to be a good quarterback, but taking the Colts from 2 wins to 9+ wins is too big of a step. Especially with their current roster.
Im not gonna argue too much, but with the two TEs they have, and reggie wayne being the foundation of the offense i do think luck can put together a decent amount of wins. Their defense is very meh but they can generate a pass rush.

If you look at their schedule, jags and titans x2 could each be a sweep. I could see either team giving them fits but i also could see them being easy-ish wins (for anyone really)

Vikings
Browns
Dolphins
Bills
Jagsx2
Titansx2

all fall under what i would consider very winnable games. A QB can go a long way for a 2 win team. Curtis Painter is a guy that gets you 2 wins with the roster, Peyton Manning was a guy that would get you 12 wins with that roster, i dont see any reason why a rookie andrew luck couldnt be a guy in the middle of that and squeeze out 8-9

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who needs officials?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ciating-crews/

I'm actually in favor of this and I think that it's only a matter of time before it happens, but they better test it out during the offseason before they launch it during real games. I'm guessing that it'll be seriously investigated the next time they have a labor dispute with the refs.

The NFL is denying that it's been discussed for now:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...een-discussed/

Last edited by WCH : 08-20-2012 at 03:31 PM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

one awesome aspect of that would be the flying camera and 1 man ref crew's complete inability to break up on field fights lol

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Im not gonna argue too much, but with the two TEs they have, and reggie wayne being the foundation of the offense i do think luck can put together a decent amount of wins. Their defense is very meh but they can generate a pass rush.

If you look at their schedule, jags and titans x2 could each be a sweep. I could see either team giving them fits but i also could see them being easy-ish wins (for anyone really)

Vikings
Browns
Dolphins
Bills
Jagsx2
Titansx2

all fall under what i would consider very winnable games. A QB can go a long way for a 2 win team. Curtis Painter is a guy that gets you 2 wins with the roster, Peyton Manning was a guy that would get you 12 wins with that roster, i dont see any reason why a rookie andrew luck couldnt be a guy in the middle of that and squeeze out 8-9
From those games i'd probably expect them to win 4.

RIP themaninblack
Old 08-20-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On top of that imagine how many more angles we get on the "all 22" package

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
one awesome aspect of that would be the flying camera and 1 man ref crew's complete inability to break up on field fights lol
NFL football + NHL-style fights = Win.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
From those games i'd probably expect them to win 4.
i wouldnt say thats not a legit option, i just think in a horrifically bad division they could surprise some people. i think people are sleeping on them too much, i dont really think its going to be nearly as terrible as it was last year. I think pagano is a better coach and luck is in another world of skill compared to what they had last year. Wouldnt be the first time we see a rookie QB come in and turn a team that was abysmal the prior year into a team with a respectable record. I could see them winning 4 games, but i could see them giving the texans trouble as well. Opposite ends of the spectrum, but imo they are a pretty unpredictable team and so far andrew luck just looks like he knows what hes doing out there, whether he can do it on his own or with limited roster help around him remains to be seen

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Colts could definitely go 5-3 at home with wins over Jacksonville, Minnesota, Miami, Cleveland, & Tennessee. Buffalo and Houston are a bit more difficult but not out of the question. New York, Jacksonville, Tennessee, & Kansas City are winnable games on the road. I think 5 wins is the floor with a ceiling of 9 wins but they end up settling at 7-9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Vikings
Browns
Dolphins
Bills
Jagsx2
Titansx2

Exactly. And an improved offense also means a better defense because of TOP, momentum, and just not being out there knowing you don't have a shot and the opposition can do literally whatever it wants to you because they know you can't score on them.

Plus a scheme change that should help them and a much better defensive coach.

The Colts will have the better QB in 12 of their 16 games. That's huge. 10 if you think Schaub is better than Luck.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Exactly. And an improved offense also means a better defense because of TOP, momentum, and just not being out there knowing you don't have a shot and the opposition can do literally whatever it wants to you because they know you can't score on them.

Plus a scheme change that should help them and a much better defensive coach.

The Colts will have the better QB in 12 of their 16 games. That's huge. 10 if you think Schaub is better than Luck.
Considering Luck hasn't taken a snap in an NFL regular season game i'd definitely say Schaub is better and so are a lot of other guys. Cam Newton was i guess better than a lot of guys the Panthers faced and they won all of six games.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
i wouldnt say thats not a legit option, i just think in a horrifically bad division they could surprise some people. i think people are sleeping on them too much, i dont really think its going to be nearly as terrible as it was last year. I think pagano is a better coach and luck is in another world of skill compared to what they had last year. Wouldnt be the first time we see a rookie QB come in and turn a team that was abysmal the prior year into a team with a respectable record. I could see them winning 4 games, but i could see them giving the texans trouble as well. Opposite ends of the spectrum, but imo they are a pretty unpredictable team and so far andrew luck just looks like he knows what hes doing out there, whether he can do it on his own or with limited roster help around him remains to be seen
Well i'm not really sure what we're debating. Whether or not they can go 9-7 or whether or not they will go 9-7. If it's the former then i'd say yes, they can, but it's unlikely. And if its the latter then i'd have to say no, I don't expect them too and would be surprised if they did.

RIP themaninblack
Old 08-20-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
TheRubberDuck45
Rookie

TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is blowing my mind. The colts are BAD. Unless andrew luck starts playing both ways, BC apparently he's that good, they are not going to win 9 games. Id say 6. MAX.
TheRubberDuck45 is offline   Reply With Quote