Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-12-2012, 12:26 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Very dissapointed with the new Periphery albulm, or rather, with the choice to have clean vocals for about 85% of the cd. First off, spencer does not hit any of those high notes live what soever, second it sounded like they were trying to go for a protest the hero sort of thing, plus the lyrics were pretty meh. Which really is a shame because the guitar work on it was pretty cool.
A few thoughts:

- I have only listened a couple of times, none critically. Make Total Destroy does sound PTH-ish. But your 85% estimation is pretty off. Not only does he scream more than that, the screams are about 10x better than on the first album. I dont' know if he just got better or if they used recording tricks to thicken it up and add range. Either way, it sounds really good.

- keeping in mind I've never seen Periphery live, I have heard it said recently that Spencer's live performance has improved significantly and that he can hit the notes now. True or not, I enjoy his ridiculous highs on the album.

- They lyrics are indeed pretty stupid. If you're not a great lyricist, the best bet in metal is to make it vague. Big miss there.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It certainly is close to 80% cleans for that album, my friend is the biggest periphery fan and that was actually his comment on it. There is barely any screaming for a "metal" cd. And Periphery fans have said that about spencer literally FOREVER now. Everytime something comes out the first thing they say is "Spencer's improved vocals sound great". He doesn't even attempt half the **** he sings here. It literally is a djent protest album

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:03 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're looking for something similar to Periphery's first album, only a step forward... perhaps what you'd hoped of their second album...

Check out Glass Cloud... They're kind of like if you took the heaviest parts of Periphery and mixed it with old-school Glassjaw. I'd absolutely love them if it weren't for their clean-vocal parts...

Old 07-16-2012, 01:08 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and I really, really, really wish I didn't have to keep waiting for this album to drop...

Old 07-16-2012, 01:51 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am intrigued by your description though I never liked Glassjaw.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:09 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

I grew up a huge Godflesh/Justin Broadrick fan...

so I'm glad that there is a newer, more modern, djentier album for my ears to enjoy...

Old 07-17-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if anyone on here is a fan of Baroness but their new album came out today. It seems pretty divisive amongst critics and fans, with the former hailing it and the latter panning it.

Not a fan of their personally, I opted to listen to a few tracks just because I have an open mind when it comes to listening to bands I may not have enjoyed in the past to see if maybe a new direction here or new sound there may win me over as a fan. After listening to three songs I had to stop. Not because my mood was being enhanced so much that I need to breath but because it was as bland as a piece of cardboard.

The guitars, bass, drums, vocals, and them combined just were a big, giant, steaming pile of meh. Sometimes I feel like critics write reviews praising a new album that's wretched just to pull the wool over people's eyes and this has to be the case with "Yellow:Green". There's nothing that could convince me otherwise. These beard metal compatriots of Mastodon, Red Fang, and the like seem to have just slightly deviated from the same path as their comrades which makes for as mediocre a listening experience as possible.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-18-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-23-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

New Between The Buried and Me song

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-25-2012, 12:41 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Old 07-29-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I couldn't find any youtube clips of this band but I dig their sound

http://islandsaus.bandcamp.com/album/islands

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-30-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Found a song on youtube by them (Islands)

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-06-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

This band, Enabler, features former members of Shai Hulud, Haste the Day, and Earth Crisis

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-09-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

This is pretty bad ass.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-21-2012, 01:23 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Old 08-26-2012, 01:27 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
So, yeah, that album is really, really ******* good

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-26-2012, 01:30 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
So, yeah, that album is really, really ******* good
Every single track, my friend. Can't wait to see them and ETID in December.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:42 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Every single track, my friend. Can't wait to see them and ETID in December.
Wish they were coming around my area. I'd love to go see both of them. Both of their albums have been stellar.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-02-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-03-2012, 12:26 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
One for my heart diab

<3
Old 09-08-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone should turn this into growling lyrics. SWDC metal band anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I have a confession. I haven't been able to stop listening to The Chariot's newest. That **** be hot fiyah.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-08-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Guys, this! I'm looking forward to this, guys.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-08-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Guys, this! I'm looking forward to this, guys.

Eager anticipation.