Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default So Many Jags Threads - YES! - MJD Open to being traded

That's the word. It's all over the TV and internet.

I predict: To the Jets for a 2013 2nd-round draft pick.

The Jags love Jennings and aren't going anywhere anyway right now - they need to build for the future and MJD has a lot of mileage on his tires - he may not be the same back by the time the Jags are any good.

As for the Jets - the DESPERATELY NEED MJD. DESPERATELY. They may budge on a 1st. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if they offer more than a 1st.

Other possibilities:
Atlanta
Detroit
Cincinnati

Scary darkhorses:
New England
Pittsburgh
Green Bay
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh those silly Jags... tsk tsk tsk
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would totally support the Jags trading MJD. They're gonna suck anyway; might as well get some team to pay for a RB that probably won't be on the team the next time they're good.

edit: And after I typed that I see that gp made that exact point. So I have pretty much nothing to add. I agree that the Jets make a lot of sense.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He won't be traded anywhere this year.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I really think Carolina could do with another running back...

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jags don't owe MJD a damn thing. They gave him a very big contract before he was even a full time start on the team. That deal was way more than he deserved three years ago and if it were signed today, it would be just a tiny bit below market value (it's actually more per year than Ray Rice got). He is not getting a new deal and I don't think the Jaguars are actively looking to trade him. All this holdout will lead to is $30K being taken from his bank account every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really doubt he is traded, but it would make sense to trade him, because they are not going anywhere right now. RBs can be found in the draft if you have a decent team to put them into.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steelers, Jets, Bengals, Lions, Colts, Broncos all would be good/interesting fits for MJD. Wouldn't be shocked to see him go to another team though. I never count out the Patriots when it comes to acquiring a player either.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
That's the word. It's all over the TV and internet.

I predict: To the Jets for a 2013 2nd-round draft pick.

The Jags love Jennings and aren't going anywhere anyway right now - they need to build for the future and MJD has a lot of mileage on his tires - he may not be the same back by the time the Jags are any good.

As for the Jets - the DESPERATELY NEED MJD. DESPERATELY. They may budge on a 1st. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if they offer more than a 1st.

Other possibilities:
Atlanta
Detroit
Cincinnati

Scary darkhorses:
New England
Pittsburgh
Green Bay
As sexy as MJD in Green Bay would be, it's not going to happen and from a logical point of view, it probably shouldn't.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers, please.

Taking off my homer blinders, the Jaguars certainly should not trade him. They're not getting what he's worth to them in any deal and he's under contract. The team literally doesnt have to do anything.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think NE is in this race because they already have a solid backfield full of young talented players (not anywhere near MJD level, but good enough to be contributors on an NFL level), would have to pay MJD, and would have to trade draft picks to get him.

I can't see them wanting to part with one of their young talented backs, draft picks, and money to get him.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
As sexy as MJD in Green Bay would be, it's not going to happen and from a logical point of view, it probably shouldn't.
Absolutely, but the Madden GM in me wants it so bad. As far as money tied up in our offense, how our offense operates, and needs elsewhere, we can afford to pass him up. It'd be dreamy however.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here we go Steelers, here we go.

Usually I don't think players deserve raises after they sign their deals. But I this one time, I do. He has out preformed his contract, he was paid top dollar and played and finished as a top back. But the next 2 years, he doesn't have much to look forward to on the team. He isn't one of the top 5 paid backs now, and he outplayed his contract. Also he is approaching 30 and he wants to get paid before the team lets him walk in 2 years.

I don't know if being on a bad team factors.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steelers can't afford him anyways. Unless he take a pay cut, which would be a big FU to the Jags.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mjd is amazing and I'd love to have him in Cincinnati, but not for a reasonable price. I feel they've been pretty good at drafting recently and it would be a shame to give up a top pick at this point.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Is Tampa still not paying players? They had a ton of cap space. They play in a similar region of the US, but in a different conference.

They seem like ideal trading partners.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Is Tampa still not paying players? They had a ton of cap space. They play in a similar region of the US, but in a different conference.

They seem like ideal trading partners.
Tampa Bay just drafted Doug Martin, they probably want to see what he is before giving up picks and an extension, no?

Old 08-21-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Tampa Bay just drafted Doug Martin, they probably want to see what he is before giving up picks and an extension, no?
Teams use multiple runningbacks in the new NFL.

Martin is cheap and MJD will be done by the time Martin needs an extension.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just to add:

This doesn't strike me as one of those Madden GM speculation reports. I think there is definitely something to this because it just makes sense for both parties. They are at a crossroads and each of them have a decent argument and both sides would be better off pursuing a good trade.

It's not like Mike Wallace where it really doesn't make sense for either side to part ways - espeically as a key cog for a SB contender. That rumor had no legs.

This one does.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MJD to the Pats for a 2nd rounder and one of Ridley/Vereen. Who says no?
Old 08-21-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Highly doubt he gets traded, but my guess is the Jets or Broncos.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand ten minutes later:

Quote:
CBS Sports' Mike Freeman reports there's no chance the Jaguars will trade holdout Maurice Jones-Drew.
Freeman's source actually said that, "for the moment, no (expletive deleted) way the Jaguars trading MJD." Although Jones-Drew wants more money -- either from Jacksonville or another team -- the Jaguars have little incentive to trade their best offensive player. The saber-rattling from Jones-Drew's agent doesn't change the fact that he has no leverage.
Source: Mike Freeman on Twitter Aug 21 - 7:57 PM
Of course the 'for the moment' means it's still possible. And the source likely wouldn't want to lose leverage in trade negotiations by admitting they'd shop him.

We'll see.

If they keep him and he sicks to his guns, this could get UGLY.

EDIT: Wanted to add that OSUGiants' comment is a good one - Broncos make a ton of sense.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jags better not ******* trade MJD to the Broncos.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He isn't getting traded. This is all being thrown about because Kahn said if he doesn't report, "The train will leave the station." Nobody said the Jaguars were even considering trading him. He's more likely to just retire than get traded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
He isn't getting traded. This is all being thrown about because Kahn said if he doesn't report, "The train will leave the station." Nobody said the Jaguars were even considering trading him. He's more likely to just retire than get traded.
Except the owner of the team implied that he was open to it when he said that remark...