Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 08-22-2012, 07:28 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
James Ihedigbo has been dealing with an injury recently, so Ebner has a decent shot at making the team. It may be risky for New England to subject Ebner to waivers.
Interesting. Good point about waivers. I doubt that every team would pass on him.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:35 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my latest 53 man roster projection

QB: Tom Brady
QB: Ryan Mallett
QB: Brian Hoyer
RB: Stevan Ridley
RB: Shane Vereen
RB: Danny Woodhead
RB: Jeff Demps
TE: Rob Gronkowski
TE: Aaron Hernandez
TE: Daniel Fells
WR: Brandon Lloyd
WR: Wes Welker
WR: Deion Branch
WR: Julian Edelman
WR: Jabar Gaffney
WR: Matthew Slater
OT: Nate Solder
OT: Sebastian Vollmer
OT: Marcus Cannon
OG: Logan Mankins
OG: Brian Waters
OG/C: Dan Connolly
OG/C: Nick McDonald
OC: Dan Koppen
OC: Ryan Wendell

DE: Chandler Jones
DE: Jermaine Cunningham
DE: Trevor Scott
DE: Rob Ninkovich
DE: Jake Bequette
DT: Vince Wilfork
DT: Kyle Love
DT: Brandon Deaderick
DT: Ron Brace
LB: Jerod Mayo
LB: Brandon Spikes
LB: Dont’a Hightower
LB: Bobby Carpenter
LB: Jeff Tarpinian
LB: Tracy White
CB: Devin McCourty
CB: Ras-I Dowling
CB: Kyle Arrington
CB: Alfonzo Dennard
CB: Sterling Moore
CB/S: Will Allen
S: Pat Chung
S: Steve Gregory
S: Tavon Wilson
S: Nate Ebner
K: Stephen Gostkowski
P: Zoltan Mesko
LS: Danny Aiken

Notable Cuts/Practice Squad Additions

Brandon Bolden
Spencer Larsen
Donald Thomas
Donte Stallworth
Gerard Warren
James Ihedigbo

PUP:

Myron Pryor

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:48 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be very happy with that group. Stallworth has reportedly had a lot of drops in practice, and just wasn't getting separation in either pre season games, even when going against teams # 2s and 3s. Bolden being cut would be disappointing after hearing what a great training camp he has had, but he hasn't blown me away with the time he was given in both these games thus far. The rest I wouldn't mind losing I guess. As much as I would love Indeblow to get off the team I feel like depth issues may get him a roster spot, especially with Chung getting hurt every other second of his playing career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:54 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a pretty good guess, Antoin. I think Justin Francis and Brandon Bolden are going to make the team. I doubt that Fells and Will Allen will make though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:12 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
It's a pretty good guess, Antoin. I think Justin Francis and Brandon Bolden are going to make the team. I doubt that Fells and Will Allen will make though.
I think Francis and Marcus Forston have realistic shots to make the roster along the defensive line. However it is a numbers game.

Bolden shined at the start of camp but he has had quite a few fumbling issues recently that won't make BB happy. I think they would be relatively confident sneaking him through to the practice squad.

I think Fells will definitely make it. I would be shocked if they went in with only 2 TEs and Shiancoe doesn't look like he will make it.

Allen was more of a leadership/depth kinda guy. If Chung or Gregory go down ( irealise I should say when Chung goes down) it would leave Wilson and Ebner to provide cover and I don't think after last year that is something the front office would want.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of Ebner: I'm really excited about what he might turn out to be. It's rare for a player to have his ability to make plays. His physical tools are top notch as well, he can play special teams and seems to be pretty intelligent as well. Very good pick as it looks right now.

I hadn't noticed that Fells had started practicing which changes my stance a bit. We need a third TE, but I wasn't willing to give it to Fells just like that. Silvestro has looked decent so far which is more than I expected from him. Obviously, Fells is the better option, but only when healthy imo.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AntoinCD, I like your roster projection overall, there's almost nothing different from my own roster projection over at NEPD. Here are the differences:

Donald Thomas over Dan Koppen
Niko Koutouvides over Jeff Tarpinian
Alfonzo Dennard on IR instead of final roster

I also included Jonathan Fanene on mine because it was posted before he was released. I'm not sure Koppen is going to make the team now that New England has three other players who have started at center (Connolly, Wendell, McDonald.) Thomas has been with the first team at guard and got a little bit of work at center as well so I think he'll be there. I wasn't very impressed with Tarpinian this week compared to Koutouvides, and Niko is a core special teams player so I went with him. I may have included Dennard on the final roster if Fanene had already been cut; Gerard Warren would be my other option.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
AntoinCD, I like your roster projection overall, there's almost nothing different from my own roster projection over at NEPD. Here are the differences:

Donald Thomas over Dan Koppen
Niko Koutouvides over Jeff Tarpinian
Alfonzo Dennard on IR instead of final roster

I also included Jonathan Fanene on mine because it was posted before he was released. I'm not sure Koppen is going to make the team now that New England has three other players who have started at center (Connolly, Wendell, McDonald.) Thomas has been with the first team at guard and got a little bit of work at center as well so I think he'll be there. I wasn't very impressed with Tarpinian this week compared to Koutouvides, and Niko is a core special teams player so I went with him. I may have included Dennard on the final roster if Fanene had already been cut; Gerard Warren would be my other option.
Yeah the Fanene cut threw everything up in the air.

I think the genral bulk of the roster is set in stone and there are only a few positions up for grabs.

Branch seems to have seperated from Stallworth at WR.
Cunningham and Brace both seem to have played their way onto the roster.
The reserve LB spot/special teams guy is a tough one. Tarp was drafted as a guy who could be a great special teams player so that's why he got my vote. Niko is fine but I think as far as special teams go Tarp has the edge.

Interior o-line is the one place with a bit of fluidity. Obviously Waters is the big situation to watch. I went with Koppen simply because if they got thin up front he has the best chemistry with Brady which will likely count for quite a bit. But based on his performances in camp he shouldn't make it.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ridley and Vereen have not been very impressive. Both guys have been easier to bring down than Bolden and I think that goes a long way with BB (see: BJGE.) I'd be surprised to see Demps on the team over Bolden, but that opinion could change once we see him return some kicks.

Love . . . ok, maybe I'm starting to see it.

Wasn't Fanene expected to play 5tech? Jones beasting makes that cut pretty easy.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Fanene was signed to play base-end in the 4-3 and kick inside on passing downs. Seeing Brace tear it up means that Fanene was on the outside.

Quote:
Old 08-22-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Ridley and Vereen have not been very impressive. Both guys have been easier to bring down than Bolden and I think that goes a long way with BB (see: BJGE.) I'd be surprised to see Demps on the team over Bolden, but that opinion could change once we see him return some kicks.

Love . . . ok, maybe I'm starting to see it.

Wasn't Fanene expected to play 5tech? Jones beasting makes that cut pretty easy.
With all the issues up front I wouldn't put too much stock into how well individual RBs have looked. One thing BB will not stand for is a lack of ball security, also see BJGE. Bolden has already coughed it up a few times in practice and muffed a punt the other night. I have little to no doubt that Ridley and Vereen will be the two main ball carriers this year, assuming both stay healthy.

I'm interested to see how the running game looks with Mankins and Vollmer back. A line of Solder, a healthy Mankins, Wendell, Connolly and a healthy-ish Vollmer is night and day compared to the line that started the Eagles game.

As for Fanene, I believe he was brought in to offer more of an interior pass rush over anything else. I think BB is happy with VW and Love as the base DTs and I didn't like Fanene's fit as a base LE. Sure he could play 5 tech but I don't know if that was a major selling point in his pick up

Old 08-22-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked what I saw out of Ridley against NO. Vareen on the other hand has been pretty unimpressive.

And has anyone heard any updates on Dennard? Is he out for injury related reasons?

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I liked what I saw out of Ridley against NO. Vareen on the other hand has been pretty unimpressive.

And has anyone heard any updates on Dennard? Is he out for injury related reasons?
Injury, yes. But he has to be on the bubble, I'd think.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I wasn't sure if it were due to legal reasons or not either.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-22-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ive been more impressed with vareen. ridley has seemed to go down pretty easily, with vareen seeming to be a bit shiftier, resulting in more missed tackles. it hasnt helped either of these guys that the OLINE hasnt been able to block for them

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

The O-line problems coming out of camp are assuredly not over exaggerated.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-22-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Ridley has really been hitting the ground easy.

Vereen has been fairly shifty and squirming through for the extra yard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I wasn't sure if it were due to legal reasons or not either.
His lawyer has delayed his case until December.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
ive been more impressed with vareen. ridley has seemed to go down pretty easily, with vareen seeming to be a bit shiftier, resulting in more missed tackles. it hasnt helped either of these guys that the OLINE hasnt been able to block for them
The OL play in that last game was near bottle of the barrel bad. (granted, that's by Patriots standards and not NFL standards).
Old 08-22-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be smarter to put Fells on the PUP at the start of the season. I could see Brandon Bolden making the 53 man roster until rosters settle down and he can be safely put on the PS.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:58 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Apparently Kyle Love has signed a 1 year 3 million dollar extension.

Kind of odd for a 3rd year player to sign just a 1 year deal.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Apparently Kyle Love has signed a 1 year 3 million dollar extension.

Kind of odd for a 3rd year player to sign just a 1 year deal.
Pretty psyched about this even though it's only for 1 year. Guy deserved a raise.

Also this is awesome

cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

How makes a love highlight video? lol

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-23-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahaah that is sick. love is awesome

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Also by how I meant who. Duh me

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-24-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Jeez, we still can't stop ****. Two third and long conversions by the Bucs so far on the first drive. ****...

Quote: