Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 08-22-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I agree that they are overrated(albeit perhaps not massively), and losing Crowell only makes that worse, but their schedule is as close to a cakewalk as you can get in the SEC. No Bama, LSU or Arkansas for the second straight year.
ugh, you're right. as long as they don't blow it vs Florida or Tennessee, they win
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:12 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Missouri has a pretty solid team right now.

Quarterback - This is James Franklin's 2nd year as Missouri's starter. Continued to get better passing as the season went on last year. Doesn't have a strong arm but he is an accurate Quarterback and he has the footspeed to make some plays (981 rushing yards last year)

Running backs - This position scares me, Henry Josey tore his ACL and his MCL last season so he'll be gone for the entire 2012 season, last year in 9.5 games Josey had 1,168 rushing yards and 91 receiving yards on just 145 attempts (8.1 YPC) Kendall Lawrence isn't nearly as explosive but I would probably say he's a better pass catcher out of the backfield.

Pass Catchers - We have three guys that could be fun to watch this season, Moe, Lucas and Dorial. TJ Moe is the Wes Welker of this offense, dude catches absolutely everything thrown at him and Lucas and Dorial just have sooo much potential, Dorial is 6'6 and Lucas is 6'5, in fact Missouri has 5 receivers on the roster that are 6'4 or taller. I also expect Eric Waters to make a contribution at the "Tight end" position. Missouri has always had solid Tight Ends in the Pinkel era, Rucker, Coffman, Egnew....

Offensive Line - Fisher, Meiners and Britt I have absolutely no concerns with, well maybe Fisher considering he rupturing the patellar tendon in his knee last year and missed the entire season. But I've seen him before and he's damn good when healthy. Max Copeland is a redshirt Junior getting his chance to start for the first time and Mitch Morse is a redshirt sophomore starting for the first time at Center. Could be rough.

Front 7 - I really like this group. Michael Sam, Brad Madison and Kony Ealy are looking great, should be a really fun rotation they got at defensive end. Big boy Sheldon plays the Defensive tackle spot and he has the athletisism and strength to be a beast this year, had a pretty solid year last year in his 1st year as a Tiger. Jimmy Burge will play the Nose Guard position and he's not that good, I'd expect him to get manhandled during games. At Linebacker I think only Luke Lambert graduated, Andrew Wilson will start at Strong side, had 98 tackles last year. Will Ebner and Donovan Bonner will probably split time at middle linebacker, Ebner has the experience and is the hard hitter but everyone raves about Bonner ever since he got to Mizzou, Sean Weatherspoon made Bonner his prediction for breakout star. And then there's Zaviar Gooden, a freak of an athlete, is the most talented linebacker Missouri has and probably the best one since Spoon. This is his third year as the starter so I'm hoping he puts it all together, he could be a fun player to watch. at 6'2 235 pounds and ran a 4.44 40-yard dash at Missouri's this year.

Defensive Backs - Our Safeties are average to below average, Kenronte Walker did a good job last year vs the run but is below average in coverage and IMO Matt White has no business starting. As Corners go, we have experience there, Kip Edwards will get beat pretty often but he does have 3 years of experience under his belt. Heck, Randy Ponder may even get the starting nod over Kip, he showed flashes last year in limited play. And then there's that guy on the other side...what's his name? oh yeah EJ Gaines. Remember the name, I'm telling you right now he's going to shut your best Receiver down.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:31 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
ugh, you're right. as long as they don't blow it vs Florida or Tennessee, they win
Yea UGA got really lucky on the schedule and was going to play bama this year but when missouri got added to the east they took bama's place. The schedule is the big reason why UGA will win more games then it should this year. Bc you cant win in the SEC with 16 fewer players then other elite teams
Old 08-23-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tennessee wide receiver DeAnthony Arnett, who compiled the second-most receptions by a freshman in program history this past season, has asked for a release from his scholarship, a source close to Arnett confirmed to the News Sentinel late Wednesday.
Arnett's father has battled health issues and his conditioned has not improved since Arnett enrolled at UT, according to the source, which requested anonymity because the release process is ongoing.
UT officials could not be reached for comment.
A highly touted slot receiver from Saginaw, Mich., Arnett was third on the Vols with 24 receptions, fourth with 242 yards and was one of three players to catch two touchdowns. Arnett's breakout performance came three weeks into the season against Florida, when he led the Vols with eight receptions for 59 yards. Two weeks later, he caught two touchdown passes in UT's rout of Buffalo.
Arnett saw action in all 12 games and picked up his first career start in November at Arkansas.
McMurphyESPN: Tennessee announces WR Da'Rick Rogers suspended indefinitely for violation of team rules

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS
In 2011 Da'Rick Rogers had a series of incidents, incldg a complete meltdown at UK gm that sources say COMPLETELY crossed line w UT staff.

After what I'd been told by sources inside Vols program last yr, was surprised Dooley allowed Da'Rick Rogers to stay w team.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
McMurphyESPN: Tennessee announces WR Da'Rick Rogers suspended indefinitely for violation of team rules

In 2011 Da'Rick Rogers had a series of incidents, incldg a complete meltdown at UK gm that sources say COMPLETELY crossed line w UT staff.

After what I'd been told by sources inside Vols program last yr, was surprised Dooley allowed Da'Rick Rogers to stay w team.
I've said this since I watched him play in high school he is either gonna own mcdonalds or be working at one.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

“@TennesseeBeat: Dooley said he doesn't expect Rogers will play for Vols this season.”

**** Dooley daughter or wife or Patterson is a beast.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Violation of substance abuse policy.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That hurts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:17 AM    (permalink
VUBlacknGold
Rookie

VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vandy....... *garble garble garble* I cant wait for thursday!!!!

I Bleed Black and Gold
VUBlacknGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* Issac. Delaying the A&M opener for a week.

On the bright-side, the season opener is also the home opener is also the first SEC game in school history is also going to have ESPN Gameday on campus. I wish I could be in College Station for that one. Even if they lose, it would be one of the most memorable games at Kyle Field in a long time.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote