Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
"Bust" is harsh for some of those. Dalton (and perhaps even Newton) will likely face a bit of a sophomore slump (it exists as a term for a reason,) but I don't know if they'll have flat out awful seasons.

Also, Angerer had surgery for a foot injury and will likely miss the first few weeks of the regular season.

If we're talking about guys who might be considered busts after this year, I have some names to throw out.

Sam Bradford - I think he'll be closer to a bust by the end of this year than anything resembling a quality NFL QB.

Mark Sanchez - Sticking with my "benched by week 6" prediction. I don't know how they'd justify keeping him around if that happens after this year, money be damned.

Jason Smith - Already been benched for the awful Barry Richardson. Would have been cut if not for taking a huge pay cut. Underrated in how bad of pick he was.

Kevin Kolb - Not exactly going out on a limb here...I bet he's cut after this season. Would be sooner if they had any other QB on the roster who could back up Skelton.

Shonne Green - Simply isn't a guy who can carry the full load in the NFL.

Blaine Gabbert - Anyone who has ever read any of my posts in the NFL section should know why.

Matt Cassel - Best case scenario, that team drags him to 10 wins again. Worst case (or perhaps it really is the best case,) he continues to be mediocre-average and the team decides to move on.

Carson Palmer - Proves to be one of the worst trades in NFL history, setting the Raiders back 5 years.
Your entire list violates rule #2.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Your entire list violates rule #2.
Yeah, I play by my own rules. Wanna fight about it?
Old 08-23-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I think Cruz's numbers will go down based off the fact that I believe the Giants will be more successful running the ball this year. Add in that teams will specifically target him in the passing game more. I don't think they will go down enough though to say he disappointed based off last year.

I think Arian Foster may have a relatively disappointing year by his recent standards. Sure the Texans run it well, but they lost the right side of their offensive line, a healthy Schaub and AJ will mean they will throw more and Ben Tate is a guy who is more than capable to give Foster a breather.

I think Foster led the league in RB touches last year, however I think that will go down with an eye on the playoffs to keep him fresh.
imo tate is more than capable of stepping right in for foster without them missing a beat. Both are good backs, but are running in a great system that fits them perfectly
Old 08-23-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Production in what area? I expect less TDs, but around the same ball park of yards. In fact, I think barring injury, he can bypass Nicks again in yards.

Also, he has another year in the system, and more confidence now. I think he will do just fine.
Confidence and another year is fine and all and I do expect him to get around 75-85 catches but no where near 1500 yards.

Looking at his touchdowns, you have:

74 Yards
28 Yards
68 Yards
25 Yards
24 Yards
72 Yards
4 Yards
99 Yards
74 Yards

Despite having 21 catches through the playoffs, he had 1 TD and his longes catch was 36 Yards. He's a valuable player between the 20s but relies on the big play in order to get in the end zone because of the huge red zone target opposite of him.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote