Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-17-2012, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is better than Batista but I want our young SP's to come up and do somewhat well right away. I don't need him struggling at all. I'd call up McHugh before Harvey.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not far from being ready. Secondary pitches have improved. But he still needs a little more time.

I'm with Zak. I say leave him in AAA.

Let him just develop completely.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And it is going to be Batista. I know the team is playing above expectations but no need to rush the future. I like the move even though it goes against most.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-17-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we have a single shot at the playoffs, but if the team is going to be proactive in trying to make the playoffs, the best players need to be here. Harvey can take his lumps.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'd rather he learn at AAA. I think the Rays do the best job of developing SP's right now and they give their prospects all the time in the world in the minors so when they come up they do pretty well right away. Matt Moore was 5x the prospect Harvey is and look at how much time he spent in the minors.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-17-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was brutal...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:25 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a terrible start to the 2nd half. Man, I hope they get back on track and fast. At this rate, we might be out of it by Trading Deadline.

Speaking of which, I also hope this won't force them to be desperate.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Sandy knows this isn't that good of a team so I don't expect him to sell anything that will come back to haunt us. It was fun while it lasted.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-19-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Another great start for Familia. Hopefully it's a sign that he is putting it all together.

His pure stuff and upside is up there with Harvey.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Familia has possibly turned a corner at AAA. Doing well lately.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-23-2012, 08:23 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

We should be sellers.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like we have players that will bring back very good value, at least not the ones that we want to trade.

Chris Young is the only one I can think who might bring back a decent return and won't be a big loss to next year's team.

I would listen to offers for Murphy and Duda, but unless someone is willing to significantly overpay for them, I prefer to hang on to them.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'd trade anyone but Wright, Niese, and possibly Dickey.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-23-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We don't have anything anyone would want. At least in terms of a deal worth making. I agree with GF. Wright's basically untouchable. Niese's deal is too team friendly to deal. I'd trade Dickey, but we're probably better off holding on to him... I feel like the return for him would be for that of a #3 caliber SP.

Byrdak would just get us a Minor League scrub. Hairston's the only piece that could catch us fair to better than fair value IMO.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Nice outing by my boy Domingo Tapia yesterday.

I'm really high on this kid.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Nice debut for McHugh.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Excellent debut but we suck. I'm so apathetic towards the franchise at this point. Probably the most depressed I've ever been with them barring the Kazmir trade fiasco.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-23-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Excellent debut but we suck. I'm so apathetic towards the franchise at this point. Probably the most depressed I've ever been with them barring the Kazmir trade fiasco.

Srs. TANK METS, TANK!
Old 08-23-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

There is something to build from. Rotation could be VERY nice for years to come.

Now if only we can find some bats and bullpen arms...
Old 12-14-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

BaseballAmerica released Mets' top 10 list.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...3/2614461.html

I can't say I agree with it for the most part.

Cecchini is a better prospect then Nimmo? How? He has less tools and less plate discipline.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Please let this trade happen.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It's done. Sandy sure restocked our system.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-17-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Now let's deal some of the excess arms for an OF.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

John Sickels did his own top 20 Mets' prospects, with the new guys.

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/...pects-for-2013

I definitely agree with this list more, although not completely. Top 3 guys are all products of trades.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Harvey, Wheeler, Niese, Syndergaard. Oh baby.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-17-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Niese might be an attractive trade chip for an OF now.