Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-24-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just did a mock on CBS and landed a stupid good team. 10 team b/c that's what my only team on CBS is this year.

Cutler QB 10
McFadden RB 1
Peterson RB 3
Colston WR 5
Cruz WR 4
Jones WR 2
Pettigrew TE 12
Bullock K 13 (Auto Pilot)
Steelers DST 14 (Auto Pilot)
Luck QB 11 (Auto Pilot)
Martin RB 6
Williams (Ryan) RB 9
Garcon WR 8
Wayne WR 7

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i still dont get how colstons adp is so low. he is stupid good value in the 5th.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll throw my 10 team PPR big money league team out there for you guys to go at.

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Arian Foster
RB/WR: Darren Sproles
WR: Marques Colston
WR: Brandon Lloyd
TE: Fred Davis
D/ST: Texans
K: Robbie Gould

Demarco Murray
Percy Harvin
Matt Schaub
Reggie Wayne
Coby Fleener
Steven Ridley
Nate Washington
Malcolm Floyd

It's a "if I knew then what I know now" kind of way of kicking myself. Could have had an elite TE or WR if I knew the RBs would slip.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that's a pretty stacked team. So, also, I have 3 drafts Sunday. My big money league is the one where I kept Cam round 10 (giving up raymell round 1, which killed me). I have pick 9. Guys kept are (who would go top 10 maybe) are Forte, Stafford, Rodgers, McCoy. Meaning Brees, Brady, Foster and Raymell are the first 4 to go.

Figure option then fall to: MJD, DMC, perhaps Megatron, Andre Johnson? Idk, like how's peterson's health? How Charles' health and workload? I'm torn and kinda SOL at pick 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
i still dont get how colstons adp is so low. he is stupid good value in the 5th.
Completely agree. People are very scared of his injury issues, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I'll throw my 10 team PPR big money league team out there for you guys to go at.

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Arian Foster
RB/WR: Darren Sproles
WR: Marques Colston
WR: Brandon Lloyd
TE: Fred Davis
D/ST: Texans
K: Robbie Gould

Demarco Murray
Percy Harvin
Matt Schaub
Reggie Wayne
Coby Fleener
Steven Ridley
Nate Washington
Malcolm Floyd

It's a "if I knew then what I know now" kind of way of kicking myself. Could have had an elite TE or WR if I knew the RBs would slip.
Why such a short starting lineup in a 10 teamer? Sick team - but you'd be even better if you could play Murray, too. You'll be able to pick whatever TE or WR you want once people realize Wayne is Luck's woobie. I'm pretty high on Fred Davis, anyway. No pun intended. At least . . . not until I get home later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
that's a pretty stacked team. So, also, I have 3 drafts Sunday. My big money league is the one where I kept Cam round 10 (giving up raymell round 1, which killed me). I have pick 9. Guys kept are (who would go top 10 maybe) are Forte, Stafford, Rodgers, McCoy. Meaning Brees, Brady, Foster and Raymell are the first 4 to go.

Figure option then fall to: MJD, DMC, perhaps Megatron, Andre Johnson? Idk, like how's peterson's health? How Charles' health and workload? I'm torn and kinda SOL at pick 9
I wouldn't touch MJD with anything earlier than a 3rd. TBH, he'll be off my boards entirely unless he makes an insane tumble. Workload + League Leading Rusher + Holdout = FF Death. Calvin won't make it to 9. DMC or Murray would be great. AJ is always safe but not tremendous and quite old now. Fitz is another super safe bet, and one I like better than AJ for youth and upside (TDs!!) this year. If you're feeling particularly brave you can ride the Julio train. It's rolling full steam and I honestly see no reason to nay-say that one. He's looking absolutely dominant in preseason action. I have the Titans game DVR'd and will watch it tonight, but the write ups have not been glowing and I just can't see the "CJ2K will bounce back BIG!" hype being anything more than noise.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Keeping Newton in round 10 is great value considering he's a 2nd/3rd right now but I would have went even value keeping Rice in the 1st (not sure if that was an option by the way you worded it). Cam is more risky, Rice is a consesus top 4 overall pick.

Anyway, Newton is my (and I guess everyone else's) 5th ranked QB so that's a healthy keep at round 10. Assuming you don't have a shot at Forte, McCoy, Rice, Foster, and Forte, I'm automatically looking at Calvin atop my big board. I keep going back and forth on MJD and hopefully by Sunday you have a little more clarity on what his situation is, so let's put an asterick next to him.

1. Calvin
2. MJD*
3. DMC
4. Peterson
5. Lynch
6. Graham
7. Chris Johnson
8. Fitz
9. Gronk
10. Charles/Murray

I think in this case since it's a keeper, you want to minimize risk and also set yourself up for the next year. The RBs arent going to be pretty with a certain holdout and injuries. A passcatcher would be your better bet but its a deeper position. You can interchange Peterson and DMC and thats fine as well. Its all about what risk you're willing to take. Flip a coin, roll some dice, pick a number out of a hat because thats basically what youre doing deciding between these RBs. If you're feeling lucky, entertain the idea of Ryan Mathews. There's a ton of upside there still but he hasn't played a full season since his jr. year of HS.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it is a ppr, making DMC look REAL good. I'm hoping Calvin makes it to me. Not keeping Rice was tough, but keeping a first rounder and getting perhaps a big fantasy machine in cam was too good to pass up (even posted the question in here earlier).

Right now, Calvin and DMC are atop my board. I'm just torn with guys like Charles, CJ and AD. How healthy will they be? What's their workload like? I love Fitz, but who the hell is gonna throw him the ball?

Marshawn's a sleeper, but at 9, seems like a bit of a reach.

Gronk was kept.

May try for Megatron round 1 and hope Marshawn falls to me in the 2nd. (14 man draft)

also, Demarco Murray was kept (rd 21 last year, unreal value)
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Completely agree. People are very scared of his injury issues, I guess.

Why such a short starting lineup in a 10 teamer? Sick team - but you'd be even better if you could play Murray, too. You'll be able to pick whatever TE or WR you want once people realize Wayne is Luck's woobie. I'm pretty high on Fred Davis, anyway. No pun intended. At least . . . not until I get home later.

I wouldn't touch MJD with anything earlier than a 3rd. TBH, he'll be off my boards entirely unless he makes an insane tumble. Workload + League Leading Rusher + Holdout = FF Death. Calvin won't make it to 9. DMC or Murray would be great. AJ is always safe but not tremendous and quite old now. Fitz is another super safe bet, and one I like better than AJ for youth and upside (TDs!!) this year. If you're feeling particularly brave you can ride the Julio train. It's rolling full steam and I honestly see no reason to nay-say that one. He's looking absolutely dominant in preseason action. I have the Titans game DVR'd and will watch it tonight, but the write ups have not been glowing and I just can't see the "CJ2K will bounce back BIG!" hype being anything more than noise.
As for the short lineup, it's a league I've been in for years back when ESPN's standard lineup was 1 RB and 1RB/WR flex and members of the league have continously voted to not change with the times. I thought we were making that switch this year until about the 7th round when I realized I was the only one who put stock in RBs. Still came away pleased.

Andre Johnson is being overdrafted based on name, there's guys I like better than him including White/Jones/Green/Jennings and maybe even Nelson. I feel like you'd be better off drafting a higher upside WR a round later and grabbing the "safest RB" there if it isnt Calvin.

Old 08-24-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
it is a ppr, making DMC look REAL good. I'm hoping Calvin makes it to me. Not keeping Rice was tough, but keeping a first rounder and getting perhaps a big fantasy machine in cam was too good to pass up (even posted the question in here earlier).

Right now, Calvin and DMC are atop my board. I'm just torn with guys like Charles, CJ and AD. How healthy will they be? What's their workload like? I love Fitz, but who the hell is gonna throw him the ball?

Gronk was kept.

May try for Megatron round 1 and hope Marshawn falls to me in the 2nd. (14 man draft)

Rice/Newton is just personal preference as both are justifiable.

In order of how much I trust them it goes:

1. Peterson

2a. Chris Johnson
2b. Charles

Peterson is an animal and I think around week 4 people will realize how shortsighted they were on draft day. I caught the Titans game and wasn't impressed with Johnson. Charles had the longest amount of time to recover but Hillis is getting a lot of love. Charles is down for 10-16 touches per game tops. I don't take that with an early pick.

Old 08-24-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:

Gronk was kept.

I still stand by that keeper advice. You'll get a cornerstone type of player in round one. That won't be the case in round 10.

Lynch is a guy I never really mention, tbh. He's a keeper in all my leagues and was too pricey at auction b/c I still don't really know that I buy his legal troubles as completely avoided until after the season.
DMC is damn near impossible to pass, imo. His upside is top non-QB scorer in all of fantasy. The injury risk is brutal, but he's to talented to pass for anyone other than the "consensus" top 7.

Quote:
As for the short lineup, it's a league I've been in for years back when ESPN's standard lineup was 1 RB and 1RB/WR flex and members of the league have continously voted to not change with the times. I thought we were making that switch this year until about the 7th round when I realized I was the only one who put stock in RBs. Still came away pleased.

Andre Johnson is being overdrafted based on name, there's guys I like better than him including White/Jones/Green/Jennings and maybe even Nelson. I feel like you'd be better off drafting a higher upside WR a round later and grabbing the "safest RB" there if it isnt Calvin.
Gotcha. I've got one of those "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" leagues, too.

Old 08-24-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Rice/Newton is just personal preference as both are justifiable.

In order of how much I trust them it goes:

1. Peterson

2a. Chris Johnson
2b. Charles

Peterson is an animal and I think around week 4 people will realize how shortsighted they were on draft day. I caught the Titans game and wasn't impressed with Johnson. Charles had the longest amount of time to recover but Hillis is getting a lot of love. Charles is down for 10-16 touches per game tops. I don't take that with an early pick.
I'm thinking the same. I've got Peterson as RB6 with big time handcuff necessity, and the caveat that patience may be needed through 2 or 3 weeks.

Old 08-24-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I'm thinking the same. I've got Peterson as RB6 with big time handcuff necessity, and the caveat that patience may be needed through 2 or 3 weeks.
You're looking at a handcuff and 3 weeks at the most with Peterson opposed to season long patience with CJ2YPC or both season long patience and a handcuff with Charles.

Peterson costs you a 2nd and 9th with Gerhart.
Johnson costs you a 1st.
Charles costs you a 3rd and 7th.

Old 08-24-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

i do like AD. If he's there, may be worth the risk. Might take Megatron over him though. I'm just so unsure with it beig $100 buy in league, my toughest league usually. Came in 5th last year
Quote:
Old 08-24-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
i do like AD. If he's there, may be worth the risk. Might take Megatron over him though. I'm just so unsure with it beig $100 buy in league, my toughest league usually. Came in 5th last year
I absolute go Megatron over AD for what thats worth.

Old 08-24-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Definitely Megatron over Peterson. Then pray to the FF gods that he's the exception that proves the rule in regards to that pesky Madden Curse.

Old 08-24-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd go with Calvin Johnson over Peterson All Day.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

but would you guys go AD at pick 9 in my scenario? I think i'd take really only Megatron and DMC over him, and that's if they fall
Quote:
Old 08-24-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
but would you guys go AD at pick 9 in my scenario? I think i'd take really only Megatron and DMC over him, and that's if they fall
I don't think you're going to be in a position to pick and choose, so yes. If Calvin is gone (which he should be), you should go Peterson or DMC.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darren McFadden over Adrian Peterson, IMO.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh my draft might have sucked but it was my first one, I had no help and I'm just happy to be playing.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its going to be tough for anyone to take Peterson to high this season till we see how he holds up.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Its going to be tough for anyone to take Peterson to high this season till we see how he holds up.
I really see more reward than I do risk. Unlike guys like Charles and Chris Johnson. Peterson is a different breed, we all know this from watching him through the years and I'll be damned if Toby Gerhart's touches will shy me away from AD.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just had a very interesting mock... picking 5th

QB: Tom Brady (Jake Locker)
RB: Jamaal Charles (Shonn Greene/Bilal Powell)
RB: Trent Richardson (Pierre Thomas)
WR: Torrey Smith (Darrius Heyward-Bey)
WR: Reggie Wayne (Santonio Holmes/Brandon LaFell)
TE: Rob Gronkowski
Flex: Antonio Gates
D/ST: Giants
K: Nugent
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Martellus Bennett/Justin Blackmon for Willis McGahee a good trade?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also how early is too early to draft Russell Wilson? I am in love with him as a sleeper now
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote