Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-24-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
I think I have to start watching suits.
I'll race you!!
Old 08-24-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Do not click this if you haven't seen the summer finale of Suits:

Squeeeeeeeee I am so excited to watch it tonight! I appreciate the spoiler tag vid. Good looking out.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ahh I'm not going to be able to watch Suits until Sunday night probably!! I wish the Giants game started a little later tonight.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I edited my spoiler to add some things I forgot about until now so when you guys are done watching it we can talk about it. :D

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I just watched all four Seasons back to back. Solid show.

I'm on Season 3 of Sons of Anarchy. Nothing good whatsoever happens on this show, these people just get thrown into more and more ****.
IDK, getting to do filthy naughty things to Kristen Renton seems good.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm on Season 3 of Sons of Anarchy. Nothing good whatsoever happens on this show, these people just get thrown into more and more ****.
I know isn't it great?
Old 08-24-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I know isn't it great?
Makes those slightly happy moments (Jax getting his son out of the hospital, family dinners, burning a guy who bailed on Ope) so much more enjoyable.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just watched all four Seasons back to back. Solid show.

It makes those moments where you realize it's not even in the same league as The Shield all the better.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Corey, Corey, Corey.. you are so silly.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe if you assholes would actually watch The Shield, instead of Sutter's lesser show.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-24-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Maybe if you assholes would actually watch The Shield, instead of Sutter's lesser show.
The Shield is just so brilliant. I stopped watching SOA because I just stopped giving a **** about every characters and did not really care what was going to happen next. I still think it is a pretty good show but there were better ones to watch.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Do not click this if you haven't seen the summer finale of Suits:

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-24-2012, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amy Schumer's special was funny tonight. And I want to do nasty things to her.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thrones, Shawshank, and Seinfeld references in Suits. I freaking love this show. Excellent call Vidae. I never thought of it until you said it but I knew you had to be right.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-25-2012, 12:42 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I didn't know you watched Fenikz. Thought it was only Vidae, Kill, and I.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-25-2012, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Jesus Christ Newsroom's episode blew donkey dick.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-25-2012, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Not really Brodie.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-25-2012, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

70 percent of the episode was the love rhombus/triangle, and the other 30 percent felt like it was spent on the insanely stupid troll plot.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-25-2012, 01:48 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Harvey's password according to Louis: Shaquill O'Bryant.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-25-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
10 Cult TV Shows Netflix Should Revive

This cult classic was axed from Fox after just 11 episodes in 2002, but following its very short on-air life, Firefly remains a much talked about TV series.

Created by Joss Whedon (the man behind Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Firefly is a space western set in 2517 after the human race arrives in a new star system. The series follows the crew aboard "Serenity," a Firefly-class spaceship. Whedon pitched the show as "nine people looking into the blackness of space and seeing nine different things," and looked to convey the message that nothing will change in the future despite the advancement of technology.

The acclaim the series has received post-cancellation is certainly greater than when it was on the air. Firefly premiered to just 4.7 million viewers and was 98th in Nielsen ratings.

But Firefly's DVD release posted noteworthy sales and led Whedon to create a film based on the series, as well as comics and games. A group of original fans bonded together, calling themselves Browncoats, to try to save the series from being cancelled and have petitioned to revive the show.

Firefly star, Nathan Fillion, along with fans, attempted to raise funds to buy the rights to the series, but Whedon's office Tweeted that they would not revive the show no matter what.

Freaks and Geeks , created by Judd Apatow, featured funny men James Franco, Seth Rogan, and Jason Segel in 1999 -- all of whom have gone on to great success -- but was given the axe after just 12 episodes aired.

Fans were up in arms at the time and led a campaign that eventually persuaded NBC to air three more episodes and the complete series of 18 episodes was later released on DVD.

Despite its quick cancellation, Freaks and Geeks was lauded by critics, appearing on Time's 2007 list of "100 Greatest Shows of All Time" and in 2008,

Entertainment Weekly named it the 13th best series of the past 25 years.
Of course, most of the cast have gone on to bigger endeavors, but that doesn't change the desire to put a post-high school spin on the beloved series.

Veronica Mars aired for three seasons on UPN and then The CW before being cancelled in 2007.

Kristen Bell (now the voice of Gossip Girl) played a teen sleuth in the fictional Neptune, Calif. The series, which was created by Rob Thomas, averaged 2.5 million viewers per episode in its first season.
Thomas had pitched a fourth season that would have fast-forwarded to Veronica Mars as a newbie FBI agent, a premise that could still work if the series was revived.

Following the cancellation, Thomas wrote a film script for the series, but Warner Bros. would not fund the project. Bell also tried to persuade the studio, taking to Twitter to cultivate a fan group to essentially beg for a movie.

Bell has even said that if she had the capital she would fund a Veronica Mars movie herself.

Stargate Universe, known as SGU, was cancelled after just two seasons last spring, putting an end to the Stargate franchise, which also included Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis and had aired on Syfy since 2002.

A "Save Stargate Universe" Facebook page was created, with more than 66,000 "likes".

There's even a YouTube video from a fan petitioning Netflix to bring back Stargate Universe.

"Why did Stargate Universe tank in the ratings?" the fan asks, "because the ratings are dinosaurs. They only measure traditional audiences....We don't watch live TV....The ratings don't count us. We are your customers Netflix...Stargate Universe is the best fit in your demographics, it was made for you."

Jericho made TV history following its cancellation after just one season in 2007. Angry fans bombarded CBS's(NYSE:CBS) office with peanuts to express their outrage.

The campaign worked, and Jericho was renewed for just seven episodes on a trial basis. CBS did not pick up the series after that and it was officially given the axe in 2008.

There is now a petition floating around the Internet urging Netflix to save Jericho.

The action series centers around the fictional town of Jericho, Kansas, following nuclear attacks on 23 major cities across the U.S.

In 2007, Jericho was No. 11 on TV Guide's "Top Cult Shows Ever."

My So Called Life, the show that launched Claire Danes career, lasted just one 19-episode season before being cancelled in 1995.

Expecting to be picked up for a second season, the Season 1 finale ended in a cliff hanger that was never resolved. When it was cancelled by ABC, My So Called Life was still pulling in 12.1 million viewers.

The cancellation of My So Called Life was one of the first times fans took to the newly created Internet to create a grassroots movement to help keep it alive. But ultimately, the show was cancelled because Danes no longer wanted to be involved.

TV Guide ranked the series No. 16 out of 25 on its "Top Cult Shows Ever" list.

ABC gave the axe to its beloved soaps, All My Children and One Life To Live, starting an uproar among long-time fans and the stars themselves.

All My Children ended its 40-year run with a cliff hanger on Sept. 23. ABC licensed the soap to a production company, Prospect Park, that's looking to keep the show running online starting next year.

But Netflix may be an even better place for these shows to live on. Soap opera viewers are not the typical Netflix customer, so reviving these shows could bring Netflix a new group of subscribers.

Pushing Daisies was a very different show than the rest of ABC's lineup at the time.

The show, starring Lee Pace and Kristin Chenoweth, was touted as a "forensic fairy tale" about a pie maker who could bring people back to life with a single touch, but with another touch they will be dead for good. The pie maker decided to bring back his childhood sweetheart when she died prematurely, but the catch was he could never touch her again.

The series received 17 Emmy nods and seven wins, including Outstanding Director in a Comedy and Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy. Pushing Daisies ran for two seasons from October 2007 to June 2009.

In April 2011, creator Bryan Fuller said he would be interested in doing a Pushing Daisies mini-series on Starz but Netflix would be just as good a place as any to bring it back.

The Starz comedy Party Down was tragically cancelled after just two seasons in 2010.

The cast reunited this summer in an episode of Children's Hospital, and several of the actors have been quoted as saying they are interested in doing a movie.

Party Down centered around a Los Angeles team of caterers, who are a compilation of aspiring actors and writers, and lost souls, all biding time before their big break.

The series starred big names like Adam Scott, Jane Lynch, Megan Mullally, as well as reoccurring cast members like Kristen Bell .

Deadwood, a Western drama, aired on HBO for three seasons from 2004 to 2007.

The series, written by David Milch, was set in the 1870s in Deadwood, South Dakota, before and after it was annexed by the Dakota Territory. Milch had always intended for the series to play out over four seasons, and loyal viewers feel robbed of a final season to wrap up the plot line.

At the time of cancellation, HBO promised two, two-hour, made-for-TV movies to wrap up the storylines, but that never materialized.

During its run, Deadwood won eight Emmy Awards and received 28 nominations.
http://www.thestreet.mobi/story/1127...m_ven=outbrain
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Veronica Mars was created by the lead singer of Matchbox 20?
Old 08-25-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Different one. Why the **** is All My Children an option?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-25-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They need to bring back Kings. It was an awesome show and I'm pissed it isn't on the air anymore.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is only one Rob Thomas.