Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-25-2012, 08:49 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
You guys have the most talented roster in the division and you're sitting in 3rd place?
Fair enough for the D-Backs, but I'd rather have Jerry Sandusky look after my kids than have Ned Colletti as my GM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's really shocking that Machado is struggling so much.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Fair enough for the D-Backs, but I'd rather have Jerry Sandusky look after my kids than have Ned Colletti as my GM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if I'm the BoSox the one offensive player on that entire roster that I would actually care about retaining would be Adrian Gonzalez. Rebuild around him, not Dustin Pedroia. I understand getting rid of those contracts but still.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
I think if I'm the BoSox the one offensive player on that entire roster that I would actually care about retaining would be Adrian Gonzalez. Rebuild around him, not Dustin Pedroia. I understand getting rid of those contracts but still.
I see where you're coming from because Gonzalez was arguably the most valuable positional player on the team, but the contract was a mess. Are you really going to want to pay a 35 or 36 year-old Gonzalez $21.5 million?
Old 08-25-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I am starting to be okay with the trade... This frees up a lot of money which they can use on other players.

TMIB suggests we build around Gonzalez but the fact is the team should have been building around Pedroia, Middlebrooks and Ellsbury the entire time. Jacoby has one year left of arbitration and is due for a large pay raise.

This frees up more than enough money to compete with the other people that will be vying for his services.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its a great trade for the Red Sox actually. Yeah, I'd hate losing Adrian Gonzalez, but u found people to take the horrific salaries of Beckett and Crawford, especially Crawford's, but at the same time, this frees up space so u can get new people in there. I am not sure what is out there for first base in the free agent market out there or the Red Sox have in their system tho. And I have no idea what the Dodgers are doing other than getting Gonzalez, that is a good move. However, at the price of getting, at least at this point, the garbage of Beckett and Crawford (tho I know those 2 CAN be good)?
Old 08-25-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bahh... Maybe they will being back Youk back to play 1st... I don't think the FA market has anyone better.

This trade leaves me completely clueless... I just don't know how to feel right now.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

They look pretty upset about the trade.

Old 08-25-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They seem very happy to GTFO of Boston to me...

(Is Bobby V really that much a pain in the ass to play for?)
Old 08-25-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like the biggest risk about this trade is far and away Crawford but its a boom or bust move. The guy obviously got the contract he got for a reason, it was a little overpaid but the guy was a ******* stud in Tampa Bay. When I look back at it, I still think he wanted to go to Anaheim but in the end...money talks and Boston ponied up the most cash. Maybe he is another guy where a change of scenery will do wonders, HOPEFULLY.

Gonzo will be huge for us giving us another left handed bat and someone who can actually bang it around at the 1 bag spot because Loney is so painful to watch. Beckett I feel can help us if he pulls his head out of his ass, otherwise he'd be a waste as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Punto is the steal of the trade, obviously.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
They seem very happy to GTFO of Boston to me...

(Is Bobby V really that much a pain in the ass to play for?)
Sarcasm my good man.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I think I am starting to be okay with the trade... This frees up a lot of money which they can use on other players.

TMIB suggests we build around Gonzalez but the fact is the team should have been building around Pedroia, Middlebrooks and Ellsbury the entire time. Jacoby has one year left of arbitration and is due for a large pay raise.

This frees up more than enough money to compete with the other people that will be vying for his services.
Jacoby is going to be a Red next year anywayz lul. I agree that contract for Gonzo is rough but at least in the AL he can eventually DH.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stubbs ******* blows. He Ks way way to much. Bourn next yr please if he doesn't want a HUGE deal, well he does but I can pry cant I?
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm perfectly happy with the trade. It sucks to lose Gonzalez, but they got out of the Crawford contract - which is huge! Horrible pick-up.

Now they can get rid of Bobby V and do it right.

It looks like the Red Sox lost a lot in that trade, but I really don't think they did. They lost Gonzalez and dumped massive contracts on players they needed to get rid of while picking up a solid package of players.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just wondering what the Dodgers are gonna do in LF. I'd just move one of Victorino or Crawford to 3B because why not?

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
I'm just wondering what the Dodgers are gonna do in LF. I'd just move one of Victorino or Crawford to 3B because why not?
Victorino is a rental and Crawford is out until the middle of next year, they'll be fine. Puig is the problem...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jay Bruce hit a HR off a lefty! Celebrate!

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
The answer to every problem for the Dodgers is simply this:

Nick Punto. He'll play everywhere, he's so gritty
Old 08-25-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bahh... Maybe they will being back Youk back to play 1st... I don't think the FA market has anyone better.

This trade leaves me completely clueless... I just don't know how to feel right now.
Are you kidding? I realize Sox fans have never really had to think about the economics of baseball, but they are absolutely raping the Dodgers by getting them to eat the Crawford contract. I can't believe anyone would take that and the awful Beckett contract. Even the Gonzalez contract is just ok.

The Red Sox effectively hit the reset button on an awful and insanely overpaid team. They are the luckiest franchise in sports.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 08-25-2012 at 05:17 PM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So then what do you guys imagine the lineup will be?

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahahaha, Stubbs 0/4 4 Ks. YOU SUCK!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

BPill goes big fly
Old 08-25-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Are you kidding? I realize Sox fans have never really had to think about the economics of baseball, but they are absolutely raping the Dodgers by getting them to eat the Crawford contract. I can't believe anyone would take that and the awful Beckett contract. Even the Gonzalez contract is just ok.

The Red Sox effectively hit the reset button on an awful and insanely overpaid team. They are the luckiest franchise in sports.
Oh no trust me I get that side of things... But losing Gonzo and having no one two replace him is not a good place to be in.

I see the positives and I see how they can easily out weigh the negitives but at the same time I don't like going from a potential playoff contender to rebuilding in a day.

Not to mention this could easily knock them out of contending for certain FA due to the sigma this creates. I mean according to Teixeria this is why he didn't sign: "One of the reasons that I didn't sign with Boston was they don't offer full no-trade clauses."