Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-24-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
That could be too close to a Kolb 2.0 situation. Trading for a backup with even less playing experience than Kolb had?

Sounds like they might be in the market for Tarvaris Jackson if Seattle releases him. That should tell you all the more you need to know about how bad Arizona's current QB situation is.
Tarvaris would probably be pretty decent in Arizona. He didn't have a phenomenal year last year, but he was injured for a large portion of it and we didn't have any wide receivers. Having Fitz and Floyd on the outsides will make any QB more comfortable, and they've got a pretty good defense and their running game is looking good so far. That's a T-Jax kind of team. As many people know, Fitz and Jackson work out together in the offseason, so there's that, too. But part of what makes Arizona's QB situation look so bad is that both guys they have in there are in some sense "projects," or are at least "unproven," but neither is a rookie or someone who was looked at as a developmental prospect coming into the league. Way more of a "Well, this is who we've got," situation.

Setting aside potential and considering the ability for a QB to lead his team to wins right at this present moment, I don't think an Arizona offense quarterbacked by Jackson would be a joke. Wouldn't be a juggernaut, but who else remembers Luke McCown and Matt Leinart having 400-yard games when Larry's feeling good and has someone drawing coverage to the other side? It can happen. But putting Jackson in Arizona, once he learns the offense, would put AZ's QB situation, in my opinion, about on par (or above) with Jacksonville, Tennessee, Cleveland, Miami, Tampa Bay, Seattle, Kansas City, Minnesota, Buffalo, Oakland, St. Louis, San Francisco or the Jets. I don't know if any of those teams has a starter who's currently a clear step above Jackson, so if Arizona were to sign him it's not like the bell's tolling for the death of their season already.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's just too many quarterbacks in Seattle. :-)
Old 08-24-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
...but who else remembers Luke McCown and Matt Leinart having 400-yard games...
I think you mean Josh McCown, who gave us this eternally wonderful moment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
There's just too many quarterbacks in Seattle. :-)
When you've got two (or more,) you've got zero...you know the saying.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul Allen is such a homer, but he's one of the best football radio announcers.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Foles might just stay with the Eagles. The better question is, if the team fizzles again this year, who do they fleece with Vick and his hundred million dollar contract?
Vick's contract seems worse than it is. The sixth year of the deal ($20 million) is already voided because Vick played in over 35% of Philadelphia's snaps last season. Vick is owed $12.5 million this season, but after that, the Eagles will be able to cut him without paying him any more money. The Eagles will have paid him $32.5 million for this season and last season, with the option to cut him at any point.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Ah, yes. The other McCown.

Quote:
I know the saying. It's just a saying.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Unless you have Tom Brady AND Drew Bledsoe!
Old 08-24-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers cut Anthony Hargrove.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...hony-hargrove/

Hargrove and some other guys:

Quote:
The Packers have announced that they cut Hargrove, as well as WR Andrew Brewer, S Micah Pellerin, T Herb Taylor and CB Dion Turner.
What are they doing at safety this year?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-roster-spots/

The Bengals meanwhile:

Quote:
On IR are cornerback Brandon Ghee, cornerback Shaun Prater, receiver/cornerback Taveon Rodgers, safety Robert Sands, and guard Travelle Wharton. Gone are defensive end Luke Black, running back Aaron Brown, quarterback Tyler Hansen, and guard Matt Murphy.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

**** you BB.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expected Hargrove to get cut. I never saw them carrying both him and Neal through suspensions, and Hargrove hasn't done much in the preseason. By cutting him this early, he might get some looks from another team (though, I doubt it).
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...et-down-to-75/

Cards put Levi Brown on IR and make moves:

Quote:
In addition to putting Brown on injured reserve, they also waived fullback Jared Crank and running back Thomas Clayton with the waived-injured designation, and they released the following players: DE Landon Cohen, WR Gino Crump, S Eddie Elder, WR Tre Gray, CB Marshay Green, WR Jaymar Johnson, FB Reagan Maui’a, LB Marcus McGraw, LB Zack Nash, CB James Nixon, K/P Ricky Schmitt and LB Paul Vassalo.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What are they doing at safety this year?
Being terrible.

Seriously though, we're probably just begging that we can actually get some pass rush this year which will take some heat off the secondary. Tramon Williams is apparently back to his healthy 2010 form, so there's that as well. The tackling problems are still there, however.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Being terrible.

Seriously though
, we're probably just begging that we can actually get some pass rush this year which will take some heat off the secondary. Tramon Williams is apparently back to his healthy 2010 form, so there's that as well. The tackling problems are still there, however.
No, no...I think the first answer was the serious answer. If Hayward can lock down the slot then Woodson might be able to focus on SS, but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited by WCH : 08-24-2012 at 08:47 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
No, no...I think the first answer was the serious answer. If Hayward can lock down the slot then Woodson might be able to focus on SS, but I'm not holding my breath.
Well as a whole I think the defense has improved this season (albeit very slightly). I'd be happy with not finishing last in total defense, although I don't pay much attention to yards allowed. I'm much more concerned with the ppg which was middle of the road last season. Goes back to that unbelievably painful to watch "bend but don't break" defense.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Jags cuts:

Quote:
Eight players have been cut, led by veteran cornerback Ashton Youboty and quarterback Nathan Enderle.

Also gone are receiver Chastin West, linebacker Nate Bussey, running back DuJuan Harris, cornerback Mike Holmes, tackle Dan Hoch, and linebacker Donovan Richard.
Jets:

Quote:
Gone are receiver Dexter Jackson, guard Terrence Campbell, long snapper Derek Chard, defensive tackle Matt Hardison, cornerback LeQuan Lewis, safety Marcus Lott, and receiver Raymond Webber.
Dolphins:

Quote:
Tight end Les Brown, the former college basketball player who has gotten a lot of run on the show for his good-catch, no-block ways, was among 10 players involved in transactions.

The moves get the Dolphins roster to 78 players, and they have to removed three from the roster by Monday.

In addition to Brown, the Dolphins waived the following players: defensive tackle Chas Alecxih, cornerback Marcus Brown, safety Tyrell Johnson, cornerback Trenton Hughes, linebacker Josh Linam, running back Jerome Messam, defensive end Jacquies Smith and cornerback Jonathan Wade (who gave up a pair of touchdowns last night).

They also placed running back Jonas Gray on the physically unable to perform list.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:59 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Vikings cuts:

Quote:
The following players — all rookies and one- or two-year veterans — have been waived: guard Bridger Buche, running back Derrick Coleman, guard Grant Cook, linebacker Soloman Elimimian, defensive back Corey Gatewood, tackle Levi Horn, defensive end Anthony Jacobs, receiver Kamar Jorden, receiver A.J. Love, linebacker Tyler Nielsen, defensive end Ernest Owusu, defensive tackle Tydreke Powell, cornerback Chris Stroud, receiver Kerry Taylor, and receiver Bryan Walters.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Eagles:

Quote:
The first 10 to go as Philly moves to 75 are receiver Elvis Akpla (pictured), safety Wade Bonner, defensive end Xavier Brown, receiver Brian Hernandez, receiver McKay Jacobson, receiver Tiger Jones, guard Alfred McCullough, safety Tom Nelson, cornerback Kevin Thomas, and tackle Thomas Welch.
Falcons:

Quote:
Atlanta officially placed tackle Will Svitek on injured reserve after an upper arm injury ended his season earlier this week.The other familiar name among the Falcons who won’t be continuing on with the team this season is tight end Chase Coffman. The former 2009 third-round pick signed with the Falcons earlier this month, but wasn’t able to do enough to stay off of waivers.

The Falcons also waived linebacker Max Gruder, kicker Erik Folk, running back Richard Medlin, fullback Lee Meisner, defensive end Louis Nzegwu, wide receiver Kenny Stafford, and tight end Aron White on Saturday. Defensive tackle Elisha Joseph and cornerback Darrin Walls received injury settlements from the team.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles have also cut Cliff Harris, which surprised me because I thought he was impressing them.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Eagles have also cut Cliff Harris, which surprised me because I thought he was impressing them.
He was early in camp. But Nnamdi/DRC/Boykin/Hanson/Marsh are all entrenched ahead of him and he wasnt leading the way in the return game any longer.
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do any Eagles fans have impressions of Thomas Welch? The Pats drafted him in 2010 and could use some tackle depth. He played eight games between New England and St. Louis (with McDaniels) last season.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cundiff was cut by Balt
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terrell Owens has been cut by the Seahawks.

Oh darn.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Titans:

Quote:
The Titans got down to the 75-man roster limit by placing return man Marc Mariani on injured reserve, among other moves, according to Jim Wyatt of the Tennesseean.

The Titans also placed safety Markelle Martin on PUP, and released the following players: Running back Herb Donaldson, center William Vlachos, quarterback Nick Stephens, kicker Will Batson, tight end Joey Haynos, offensive linemen George Bias and Jonathan Palmer, safety Christian Scott and wide receivers Chase Deadder, LaQuinton Evans and Marcus Harris.
Bears:

Quote:
The Bears did most of the work to get to the 75-man roster limit, placing safety Brandon Hardin on IR, wide receiver Johnny Knox on PUP and releasing veteran defensive tackle John McCargo and waived eight other players.

The Bears also waived linebacker K.C. Asiodu, quarterback Matt Blanchard, safety Trevor Coston, receivers Terriun Crump and Chris Summers; and defensive end Derek Walker; and waived/injured linebacker Adrien Cole and guard Nick Pieschel.
That blows about Hardin. I guess we're doomed to an eternity of lousy safety play.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Chiefs cuts:

Quote:
It wasn’t much of a list, as second-year wideout Jeremy Horne (who doesn’t have an NFL catch) was the most experienced player cut.

Linebacker Caleb Campbell, from Army, was also on the list.

The others, per the team, were: Fullback Shane Bannon, tight end Tim Biere, wide receivers Brandon Kinnie, Zeke Markshausen and Aaron Weaver, offensive linemen Justin Cheadle and Cam Hollland, defensive end Ethan Johnson, linebacker Dexter Heyman, defensive backs Dominique Ellis and Jean Fanor and kicker Matt Szymanski.