Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-26-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Hurricane Isaac

Guys, I don't know how much ya'll have been paying attention but there's a tropical system that is now being predicted to follow an almost identical path as Katrina did in 2005. It's expecting to make landfall either Tuesday night or Wednesday morning.

While meteorologist have identified the storm as being particularly hard to predict, the spaghetti models have now all shifted the storm west meaning that most predict it to basically go up the mouth of the Mississippi River or as far east as Biloxi, MS - basically a difference of around 50 miles, give or take.

I'm experiencing a grand case of deja vu right now and I'm not ******* happy about it. You can follow the storm track here:

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical..._ensmodel.html

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I can tell, it's not nearly as strong as Katrina though. That's not to say the damage isn't going to be devastating.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there a history of storms / hurricanes heading up that way? Just wondered if this was all a new phenomenon. Anyway I hope it turns out to be nothing.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkills View Post
From what I can tell, it's not nearly as strong as Katrina though. That's not to say the damage isn't going to be devastating.
It's not as strong as Katrina yet. But once it goes through the warm waters of the gulf, it will get stronger. Hopefully not as strong as Katrina, but it will likely hit land as a medium sized Category 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh, For all of our LA residents, stay safe.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Yeah, screw those in Alabama and Mississippi.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Is there a history of storms / hurricanes heading up that way? Just wondered if this was all a new phenomenon. Anyway I hope it turns out to be nothing.
Since 2000 there has been 4 major storms that have impacted Louisiana so, no, this isn't really new. 2008 - Gustav, 2005 Katrina & Rita, 2002 - Lili.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
It's not as strong as Katrina yet. But once it goes through the warm waters of the gulf, it will get stronger. Hopefully not as strong as Katrina, but it will likely hit land as a medium sized Category 3.
Right now, the professionals are expecting it to be reach Category 2 levels (96-110mph) but that's just pure speculation since the Gulf of Mexico has yet to be disturbed by a storm this year. Also, the Gulf is hotter than average which increases the probability of the storm increasing in strength. Isaac has the potential to become stronger than a Category 2 but nothing is known for certain yet.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-26-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agreed. 10char

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Projected Category 2. WE READY!

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 08-26-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's a well-known fact that people in Mississippi are uneducated and don't have internet.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I lived in Biloxi for some time. This is just a Cat2/3. The difference in levels of devastation between a Cat3 and a Cat4 is immense, and going from that to a Cat5 (Katrina) is another ridiculous jump in destruction levels. It'll take about a week to clear up most of the mess. Storms this size really aren't that big of a deal down there.

I mean, it still really sucks because some people are going to have their homes/property trashed and there's potential for casualties. Don't get me wrong, some people are going to have their **** turned upside down and it sucks. It's just no where near what Katrina was...

Last edited by nepg : 08-26-2012 at 02:42 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Yeah there is and especially if the storm enters the Gulf of Mexico. The waters there are extremely warm and give the storm a lot of strength to keep going. New Orleans is a city below sea level in the first place so it is asking for disaster. Houston usually gets the end of the storm since the city is about 80 miles inland and storms weaken as they hit land.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I lived in Biloxi for some time. This is just a Cat2/3. The difference in levels of devastation between a Cat3 and a Cat4 is immense, and going from that to a Cat5 (Katrina) is another ridiculous jump in destruction levels. It'll take about a week to clear up most of the mess. Storms this size really aren't that big of a deal down there.

I mean, it still really sucks because some people are going to have their homes/property trashed and there's potential for casualties. Don't get me wrong, some people are going to have their **** turned upside down and it sucks. It's just no where near what Katrina was...
Katrina made landfall as a Cat 3 w/ 125mph winds.

The path has moved for Isaac. NOLA is firmly in the crosshairs.

It's expected to be a strong Cat 2 when it lands

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-26-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
hopefully the storm surge is low and people actually evac properly this time.
I don't think people will take that chance after Katrina. I went to NOLA and did mission work after Katrina hit. It was pretty bad in some places.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
I don't think people will take that chance after Katrina. I went to NOLA and did mission work after Katrina hit. It was pretty bad in some places.
you underestimate the stupidity of people.

Quote:
true, but that is rarely the case.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Illegals could always use some work rebuilding it again

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So this was just updated to a Cat 3 as it hits land now? Great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those in the path, please be safe.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

There's already been a mandatory evacuation called for one of the parishes in the area. Gov. Jindal, no matter your thoughts on him, Mayor Landrieu of New Orleans, and the local politicians aren't ******* around. They're taking all the proper precautions and are going to try and get people out before the 11th hour.

A state of emergency has been declared for the states of Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama. Because the storm keeps inching westward it looks like it's going to New Orleans. I hope I'm wrong but that's what it looks like right now.

I just finished getting hurricane supplies because the last time a Category 2 hit I was without power for 2 weeks.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-26-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

New trajectory has the storm hitting to the west of New Orleans which isn't good AT ALL. It means the storm surge, strongest wind and rain will lash NOLA with impunity.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-26-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Katrina made landfall as a Cat 3 w/ 125mph winds.

The path has moved for Isaac. NOLA is firmly in the crosshairs.

It's expected to be a strong Cat 2 when it lands
LOL Katrina was 6th strongest hurricane in the Atlantic.

Winds of 175.

Yeah, you are correct it made landfall at Cat 3, but it was a Cat 5 and then lost steam, and made land fall.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This happens every time LSU opens the season with North Texas. ****!
Old 08-27-2012, 01:37 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Everyone had freaked out over Katrina. I remember when the next hurricane was projected to come near Houston that everyone freaked out and they all used the freeways instead of the side roads to head north to Dallas. There was so much traffic that people sat on the freeways for days and some people died from the heat once they ran out of gas. Quite a bit of people got arrested for selling gas for $100 a gallon.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:25 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
This happens every time LSU opens the season with North Texas. ****!
well, that hurricane is UNT's best player.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro