Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-26-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills down to 75 by releasing

LB Danny Batten
WR David Clowney
DE Sean Ferguson
CB Prince Miller
TE Fendi Onobun
DT Jay Ross
WR Derek Session
DB Nick Sukay
OG Jake Vermiglio

and TE Mike Caussin to PUP. No surprises here. Batten was a decent special teamer but was certainly not going to stick around after bringing in Bradham and Carder. Ferguson and Ross had moments but faced impossible depth. Prince Miller not getting to the next round of cuts might have been a little odd, especially with us not overexerting some CB at the moment, but again he had no chance.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seahawks

Waived/injured- LB Jameson Konz, DE Pep Livingston, CB Roy Lewis, TE Cameron Morrah

Waived- WR Phil Bates, T Edawn Coughman, CB Donny Lisowski, CB Ron Parker, RB Tyrell Sutton

Released Veterans- T Alex Barron, G Deuce Lutui, WR Terrell Owens
Old 08-26-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets might cut John Conner. I'd take him on the Steelers any day especially since our FB is out for the year.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Cundiff was cut by Balt
Thank god man. I had 0 confidence in him making a important kick this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:56 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Patriots have cut DT/DE Tim Bulman, making him the first casualty of today.

EDIT: Donte Stallworth was cut as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Last edited by Razor : 08-27-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:00 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Thank god man. I had 0 confidence in him making a important kick this year.
I don't think anyone can blame you.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:05 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...oster-tracker/

This will be helpful. I'll add it to the first post as well.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:21 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Jets might cut John Conner. I'd take him on the Steelers any day especially since our FB is out for the year.
So, they are going to terminate their ties with him?
Old 08-27-2012, 09:51 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Conner has looked pretty bad so far IMO. If the Jets are thinking about releasing him with their plans to run the ball more, I don't think he's a roster worthy player.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Patriots have released FB Spencer Larsen. I'm keeping track of all of New England's roster moves on Twitter at https://twitter.com/bestshowonsnow
Old 08-27-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...oscoe-parrish/

The Chargers have cut Roscoe Parrish, which is one of the bigger moves I've heard so far. Any team looking for help in the return game might be interested.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:15 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vince Young is out in Buffalo.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

giants cut joe martinek :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
giants cut joe martinek :(
http://suicidehotlines.com/
Old 08-27-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Vince Young is out in Buffalo.
Do we think this is it for him? It'll be disappointing, but I think he's close to the end of the line as an NFL QB. Maybe the UFL or CFL wants him...

Such a waste. I think what Cam Newton is now is what everyone expected VY to be. He just never put all his talent together into something that worked at the NFL level. Seemed dumb as a brick and didn't seem to take to coaching well either.

Alas. Kudos to you if you predicted that Cutler would be the only QB from that first round still starting in 2012. Hell, VY might be the 2nd best out of the class by default, but even Tarvaris and Bruce Gradkowski are still in the league as backups.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

And looking at it more....a LARGE portion of the 2006 draft class has been disappointing.

I don't think Mario Williams has played up to his billing but he hasn't been bad either. Reggie Bush has obviously disappointed compared to what was expected. I already touched on the QBs...

Fergusen has been good. Hawk hasn't been bad, but he hasn't been great either. Vernon Davis has finally caught on but disappointed for quite a while there. Huff has been meh...Whitner, Sims...bleh.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh, Bears 3rd round pick is on IR? Awesome.

Also, Pittsburgh cut Myron Rolle. That guy just needs to quit football. He is brilliant and could do so many things. Medical research, surgeon, politics are all in his future. Football is only going to hold him back.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Giants:

Quote:
Tight end Travis Beckum was expected to wind up on the PUP list after he tore his ACL in the Super Bowl, but the team wasn’t planning to be without defensive tackle Chris Canty for at least the first six games of the year. Canty had knee surgery this offseason and he’s claimed that his knee is in better shape now than it was when he was playing a major role in the push for the title last year. That hasn’t helped him actually start practcing, though, and now his clock’s been reset.

The Giants waived 11 players on Monday. Tight end Ryan Purvis, defensive tackle Carlton Powell, defensive back Chris Horton, wide receiver Julian Talley, wide receiver Brandon Collins, tight end Christian Hopkins, defensive back Brandon Bing, defensive back Jojo Nicolas, running back Joe Martinek, tackle Joel Reinders and defensive tackle Oren Wilson will all be available to any team that wishes to claim them.

Veteran cornerback Antwaun Molden was released, which isn’t a great sign for his future given the need for healthy corners in Jersey right now, and fourth-round offensive lineman Brandon Mosley’s rookie year is over with the team placing him on injured reserve.
Saints:
Quote:
The Saints announced they’ve cut veteran defensive tackle Remi Ayodele and quarterback Luke McCown as a part of Monday’s deadline moves.

So if Ayodele says “give me my money,” again, it’ll be to a new employer.

The Saints also waived the following players: Tight end Jake Byrne, wide receivers Marques Clark, Kevin Hardy and Derek Moye, offensive linemen Hutch Eckerson, Paul Fenaroli and Brian Folkerts, defensive end Donavan Robinson, defensive tackle Swanson Miller, linebacker Aaron Tevis, cornerbacks Kamaal McIlwain and Cord Parks and safety Johnny Thomas.
Lions:

Quote:
Per Twentyman, the Lions have also told fullback James Bryant, receiver Jarett Dillard, running back Stephfon Green, safety Sean Jones, guard Jacques McClendon, linebacker Slade Norris, guard J.C. Oram, defensive tackle Bobby Skinner and receiver Terrence Toliver to turn in their playbooks before heading off to the next stop on their journeys.

The Lions have five more moves to make before the 4 p.m. deadline. One name to watch is running back Jahvid Best, who hasn’t been medically cleared and is expected to go on the physically-unable-to-perform list to start the season.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Ugh, Bears 3rd round pick is on IR? Awesome.

Also, Pittsburgh cut Myron Rolle. That guy just needs to quit football. He is brilliant and could do so many things. Medical research, surgeon, politics are all in his future. Football is only going to hold him back.
Agreed, there are much more productive things he could be doing than warming a bench or filling in a Practice Squad spot.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Falcons cut QB John Parker Wilson
Old 08-27-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Canty being pup'ed sucks. Gonna hurt us early.

Bing being cut makes me sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We cut McCown before Canfield. I want to cut myself.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Deuce Lutui worth looking at for a team with no starting RG?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions cut
K Derek Dimke
G Jacques McClendon
LB Slade Norris
RB Stefon Green
Safety Sean Jones
FB James Bryant
WR Jarrett Dilliard
DT Bobby Skinner
G JC Oram
WR Terrence Tolliver
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Is Deuce Lutui worth looking at for a team with no starting RG?
Well, I'm sure he'd be better than fielding only 10 players would be...

Still though, I doubt he'd be an upgrade at this point. He struggled with weight as a Cardinal and couldn't even survive first cuts as a Seahawk with his college coach in charge.