Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:59 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
^^^ Possibly looking for a receiver. Maybe Harvin or Bowe. Don't even want to say Wallace.
Well, it's not going to be anyone on a franchise tender like Bowe since you couldn't extend them after trading for them.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright deal for both sides. Better deal for the Dolphins because the get a good 2nd for a player who they didn't love really. Colts get a good talent who could be a great player, but they should have kept the pick to build more through the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Alright deal for both sides. Better deal for the Dolphins because the get a good 2nd for a player who they didn't love really. Colts get a good talent who could be a great player, but they should have kept the pick to build more through the draft.
Davis is 24 and they know what he is. I'm guessing the Colts valued that as worth a 2nd rounder
Old 08-27-2012, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"What in the world are we doing? No way are we better without Vontae. We're supposed to be getting better, and with every decision we keep getting worse," a Dolphins veteran said, requesting anonymity. "We need to see something positive happen."
Pretty much sums it up. Gonna be a loooooong season in Miami.....

Only way to make this trade better is if we can turn around this pick and get an impact WR.
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:26 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like giving up a 2nd. I like getting a CB with the potential to be a top 5 or 10 CB. Pagano is the type of coach (I think) that will be able to motivate Davis. Vernon was a knucklehead at first and turned it around. Maybe it is his brother's turn now.

I would've preferred to send a 3rd and a 4th but Davis is only 24 w/2 years left on his rookie contract. If he does realize his potential he will be better than any CB that we could draft in the 2nd next year.

The Colts were seriously butt****ed at CB until just recently. We had fragile Jerraud Powers and a bunch of guys that should be mopping floors somewhere. Now, with Davis and also Josh Gordy, CB might actually be a position of strength. I like the move overall for the Colts.

As for the Dolphins I think Philbin is going to bust bigtime. He's getting rid of talented players because he apparently doesn't know how to handle anyone with any sort of attitude. Marshall gone, Ocho gone, Davis gone. I understand wanting high-character players, but some of the best in the NFL have attitude issues. The best coaches can manage those personalities and still get great production from them. Someone mentioned Coughlin but Coughlin didn't become a potential HOF coach until he lightened up a bit and stopped being such a needless hardass.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I don't like giving up a 2nd. I like getting a CB with the potential to be a top 5 or 10 CB. Pagano is the type of coach (I think) that will be able to motivate Davis. Vernon was a knucklehead at first and turned it around. Maybe it is his brother's turn now.

I would've preferred to send a 3rd and a 4th but Davis is only 24 w/2 years left on his rookie contract. If he does realize his potential he will be better than any CB that we could draft in the 2nd next year.

The Colts were seriously butt****ed at CB until just recently. We had fragile Jerraud Powers and a bunch of guys that should be mopping floors somewhere. Now, with Davis and also Josh Gordy, CB might actually be a position of strength. I like the move overall for the Colts.

As for the Dolphins I think Philbin is going to bust bigtime. He's getting rid of talented players because he apparently doesn't know how to handle anyone with any sort of attitude. Marshall gone, Ocho gone, Davis gone. I understand wanting high-character players, but some of the best in the NFL have attitude issues. The best coaches can manage those personalities and still get great production from them. Someone mentioned Coughlin but Coughlin didn't become a potential HOF coach until he lightened up a bit and stopped being such a needless hardass.
Yeah, I don't see this going well for Philbin unless Tannehill turns out to be a stud. That roster has been purged to the point where it is miles behind the rest of the division. The only thing they really have going for them offensively is Bush, and he's not exactly someone I'd want to try to run an offense through.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Why do people keep saying this? Maybe I don't know what it even means anymore...

Davis is 24, with 2 more years left on a rookie contract, and extremely talented, how is that somehow not as popular as drafting a CB in the 2nd round who is 22, less experienced, and may not be as dumb but also may not be nearly as good and you have to wait a year to get that production from them.

It's not like they traded for a 1 year quick fix, or a 33 year old player. I honestly see no difference here other then they get a CB right now, to help for this season, and you know has potential to be really good. Guys with the potential of a Vontae Davis at CB don't last until the 2nd round. We all saw how many red flags it took Janoris Jenkins to make it to the 2nd round and it took every bit of them for him to not go in the 1st.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like the trade for the Colts - not because of age or potential or anything like that. I actually think Davis is worth MORE than a 2nd round pick, so in that regard the Colts made a really smart move.

However, both teams are in rebuilding mode and both teams have no idea what their roster is going to look like in 2-3 years. Investing draft picks into Davis is a commitment I wouldn't want to make without seeing a year of this fairly new team.

When your starting over, you have to be really smart about resource management and this doesn't seem to be all that smart. If they find out next year that they really need o-line help (it already looks like they do) they might be wishing they had those picks back to help there.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
I don't like the trade for the Colts - not because of age or potential or anything like that. I actually think Davis is worth MORE than a 2nd round pick, so in that regard the Colts made a really smart move.

However, both teams are in rebuilding mode and both teams have no idea what their roster is going to look like in 2-3 years. Investing draft picks into Davis is a commitment I wouldn't want to make without seeing a year of this fairly new team.

When your starting over, you have to be really smart about resource management and this doesn't seem to be all that smart. If they find out next year that they really need o-line help (it already looks like they do) they might be wishing they had those picks back to help there.
I expect the Colts to be a big player in free agency, assuming some quality OLmen don't re-up with their current team. Indy is set to have over $40M in cap space next season. That should help offset the lost pick some.

I don't like losing a 2nd but I also think the idea here is that Davis is going to be a future building block. It is a gamble. But it's not going to set the franchise back 5 years or anything.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Yea but they knew they needed CB's pretty badly right now though. It's not like they took a luxury position just for flash, their CB's are pretty terrible even with Davis.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote