Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Dallas357
Rookie

Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default I want you all to tell me how bad Blaine Gabbert will be this year.

He has something now the other rookie qbs had from the beginning, a receiver that can catch the ball. Also, having your receivers lead the league in drops never helps. Is anyone going to argue he had the worst receivers in the league last year? I've never been from the receivers are a dime a dozen camp ever though.

General consensus around here seems to be they'll be picking #1. Even though they've never picked higher than 7th after their expansion year.

Just my gut feeling he proves a lot of people wrong this year. If i'm wrong don't forget to bump this around Halloween or early november. Give it approximately 2 months.

But really do your worst guys. Don't forget he's the most hated qb in the league. That he barely had more tds than ints last year, that you think henne will be the starter day 1, no olt to protect him, etc. Really go into how bad he will be this year.
Dallas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think several posters are giving Gabby a mulligan for last season. He looks much improved in preseason, just his pocket presence, decision making and accuracy.

I don't know if he'll ever be a star, but for now the job appears to be his to lose in Jacksonville.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Tebow is easily the most hated QB (and player) in the NFL. Gabby has a ton of talent and good tools to work with. However, he just didn't look comfortable last year. He seemed scared and was absolutely terrible under pressure. I don't know if he puts it all together. If he does he could be very good. If not last year is what you're going to get out of him every year. My hunch says that he'll end up similar to Mark Sanchez, but really.... At this point nobody knows and if someone posts the right prediction here I'll put it in the "blind luck" category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see him somewhere in this range:

3000-3500 yards
20-26 TD
12-15 INT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a conservative projection:

2800 yards, 56%, 16 TD, 14 INT
Old 08-26-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My biggest knock on Gabbert was his complete inability to handle pressure and escape at a moments notice. I felt that when your qb is THAT scared, it's not something you can fix.

Having that said, it looks like Mularkey somehow was able to fix it. It really does amaze me, I really didn't think he was capable of growing a nut sack.

All he had to do was grow a pair, and he'd have potential to be a capable qb in this league, and so far it seems like the light came on. He stands in the pocket and takes the hit.

Having that said, I'm still skeptical. I need to see how he responds to blitzes in the regular season. But I won't completely write him off, not after seeing his exponential growth this PS.

I'm gonna say he'll be a top 20 qb this year, with mediocre numbers, some growth, but not enough to make me feel comfortable in calling him a franchise qb.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He will be not great.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was already on the bandwagon. He'll be OK.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mediocrity runs high in Jacksonville. If he has more TD's then INTs at the end of the year, I'll be very impressed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw him stand tall in the pocket and look downfield while the pressure was coming instead of staring at the incoming blitz until it got to him. That's going to go a long way for him. He's capable of making the passes when there's nothing around him. As long as he continues to stand tall, he'll continue to get better. But he can't fall back into his ways of last year or he's looking for a 9-5 job.

As far as numbers? 3200/20TD/16INT

Last edited by tjsunstein : 08-26-2012 at 02:19 PM.
tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

He'll be a top 15 QB. Sig this post
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A step above last year.

Or a step behind every other QB, except one of the Jets.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Dallas357
Rookie

Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now I know there are some real Gabbert haters on here. Don't be shy. Worst qb in the league, problems can't be fixed, Jaguars a lock to draft barkley, etc.
Dallas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He looked good for the first two pre-season games then looked horrid in the third. I'll say. Worse than Matt Cassel.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The dink and dunk system can help out Gabbert a bit. If he's willing to stay in the pocket and not go back to old habits, he can at least be a serviceable quarterback.
I will go with a 57% completion percentage, 2700 yards, 15 TD, 13 INT.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whoa there ************

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
TheRubberDuck45
Rookie

TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
He looked good for the first two pre-season games then looked horrid in the third. I'll say. Worse than Matt Cassel.
Lol wut? How was he horrid? No picks no tds and only sacked once.
TheRubberDuck45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRubberDuck45 View Post
Lol wut? How was he horrid? No picks no tds and only sacked once.
And a sub .500 completion % that is Mark Sanchez numbers.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 08-27-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll never make it out...alive.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He will have a better season that 2/5 rookie QBs.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think more people hate Kolb than Gabbert

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I, for one, am digging the angsty vibes coming from some of the Jags fans lately. Let that poison out, guy.

J'Ville was an impossible situation last year, and Gabbert should have sat his entire rookie season since he was a project. But the Jags threw him to the wolves on a team that applied him no help, so it's only natural that he struggled mightily. So it's absolutely unfair to just write him off after one season on a poor team.

Personally, I hope Gabbert has success. He's a handsome man with a great set of hair. I like that in a player. And when it looked like he wanted to throw the ball, he threw a nice ball. And if Blackmon becomes a safety blanket, then that'll help immensely.

But until he goes out and plays well against a defense that's out for blood, people will be extremely reluctant to give him the benefit of the doubt that he'll have some dramatic leap from 1st to 2nd year. I know Jags fans think non-Jags fans are ignorant of the Jaguars, but it's also ignorant of Jags fans to expect non-Jags fans to hop on the bandwagon of a player who played poorly last year. And until Gabbert proves himself, people should expect jabs from BeerBaron, because frankly, BB is only alive to this day because of the power of hate. He's like a Sith lord or a Canadian goose.

I have no clue on projecting his stats. That offense rests on the shoulders of 3 whole players, so if something goes wrong with one, it's Jenga. He'll undoubtedly improve though. He has no choice, especially with the added receiving talent. To what extent though, who knows. I do think he'll be the worst QB in the division, but that's because Luck is a porcelain goddess and Locker has so many toys around him. And Matt Schaub looks funny, but that's neither here nor there.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
TheRubberDuck45
Rookie

TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

11 for 21. Not sub 500. Close but no. You're talking out your ass
TheRubberDuck45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRubberDuck45 View Post
11 for 21. Not sub 500. Close but no. You're talking out your ass
half a completion off = talking out of my ass good to know.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 08-27-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what are your realistic expectations though? He was literally the worst qb in the league, even if he becomes serviceable, is that what you want to hang your franchise on?

How many qbs go from being the worst qb into the league into an elite qb?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote