Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-27-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Is that the Fat PS3 or the slim one?
It's the slim
Old 08-28-2012, 07:27 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

looks like the Walking Dead comes out today per a tweet
Old 08-28-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
looks like the Walking Dead comes out today per a tweet
The Dead do indeed walk today...

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-986

Quote:
IT'S OFFICIAL! The Walking Dead: Episode Three Long Road Ahead will release Tuesday, August 28th on PlayStation Network in North America for $4.99 or as part of the Season Pass option for $19.99 which includes all five episodes. The episode will also be available on Xbox Live Arcade Wednesday, August 29th for 400 MS Points as DLC within the original The Walking Dead XBLA release, and also on PC/MAC as part of a Season Pass on the Telltale Games Store, as well as through our partners on Steam, Origin, Amazon PC Downloads, GameStop, and GameFly. European and international release dates for PlayStation Network are still to be confirmed. The title is in submission with our international partners at SCEE, and as soon as Telltale Games receives a release confirmation, a date will be announced.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:32 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 08-28-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Walking Dead EP3 is up now... You might have to do a "search" for it since they haven't updated the whats new section yet.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

On TWD EP3.

Last edited by Splat : 08-29-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

A very good read about how spec ops the line was forced to add MP. If you dont know spec ops has great reviews even making IGN''s top 25 ps3 games of all time. The only real negatives any review says was about MP and short SP story.

http://kotaku.com/5938591/the-full-s...sher+mandated-

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...earsey-2kgames ** spoilers *

Quote:
The multiplayer mode of the Spec Ops: The Line was never a focus of the development," Davis said, "but the publisher was determined to have it anyway. It was literally a check box that the financial predictions said we needed, and 2K was relentless in making sure that it happened - even at the detriment of the overall project and the perception of the game."

Against Davis' wishes, development on the multiplayer component proceeded and was farmed out to Darkside Studios. The result, according to Davis, was a "low-quality Call of Duty clone in third-person," which "tossed out the creative pillars of the product." "It sheds a negative light on all of the meaningful things we did in the single-player experience," Davis said. "The multiplayer game's tone is entirely different, the game mechanics were raped to make it happen, and it was a waste of money. No one is playing it, and I don't even feel like it's part of the overall package - it's another game rammed onto the disk like a cancerous growth, threatening to destroy the best things about the experience that the team at Yager put their heart and souls into creating."

Last edited by georgiafan : 08-29-2012 at 09:32 AM.
georgiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Every game doesn't need multiplayer...

I have heard good things about this game and sounds like it could have been even better had they been allowed to just focus on SP.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

It's a tricky thing bc if you dont have any MP alot of people will say "this game has no replay value im not buying this game". Because they company want the C.O.D market for the $.

I also don't care about MP and never play it and they are lots of people like me out there. But its a risk to leave it out there espically on new IP like this or one that doesnt have the built in fan base. I even look at classic games like Uncharted and can you imagine what they would be if they didn't have MP? I think thats why I like the batman games so much bc they put all the focus on SP.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What games do you play njx?!!?

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:12 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

play starcraft and broodwar single player!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Madden 13 sucks, do not buy

No fantasy draft, no potential grades

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/...nt-is-next-gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by t;
L.A. Noire developer Team Bondi, reborn after a timely buyout, has announced that its next game ***** of the Orient is being developed for the next-generation of home consoles and PC.

The developer's website has now gone live, revealing some new details about the game. The site contains a single image depicting a scene from a Chinese apartment and a man sweeping up in the background. And it's clear from the mood-setting snippet of prose posted on the site that the city of Shanghai will play a strong role in the game. The text reads:

"Shanghai, 1936. ***** of the Orient. Paris of the East. The most corrupt and decadent city on the planet, where anything can be had or done for the right price. Plaything of Western powers who greedily exploit the Chinese masses. Boiling pot of Chinese nationalism, with the Kuomintang ruthlessly trying to suppress Communism and the labour movement. Home to the International Police Force, a group of Western cops hopelessly trying to keep the lid on and keep the peace."

Brendan McNamara, writer and director of The Getaway and L.A. Noire, previously said that the team's next game will be "one of the great untold stories of the 20th Century."

Team Bondi is actively recruiting for the project which will be published by Warner Bros, with the site advertising several roles in the programming, animation, art, and design departments.

Team Bondi went into liquidation late last year, with many of the company's assets and staff being acquired by Academy award winning production team of Kennedy Miller Mitchell, responsible for the Mad Max and Happy Feet films.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I finally got around to ordering Uncharted 3. I was going to wait for the GOTY edtion but it was only $20 and all the DLC is for multiplayer which I don't care about.

I should be getting the God of War Saga in the next day or two as well, so I'm set for gaming for awhile.

O ya and Borderlands will be on PS+ Tuesday... :)

Last edited by Splat : 08-30-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Uncharted 3 is my favorite non sports game of all time. It takes everything the 2nd one does with lot of big action set pieces.

I played walking dead ep 3 last night it was good but though it was the weakest of the bunch. Still can't wait to play last 2.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

$20 says that game wont be called "***** of the orient" when it's released.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Got this in the mail today.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice! Ive beaten the first two and have the 3rd still in the wrapper.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

whats the price on God of War saga?
Old 08-31-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
whats the price on God of War saga?
$40.

I'm about an hour in to the first one and it's living up to the hype.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
$40.

I'm about an hour in to the first one and it's living up to the hype.
That is a stupidly good deal. I'll probably get it eventually. I've played all the PS2/PS3 titles but haven't played the ones for PSP like Chains of Olympus.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Just FYI only 1,2 and 3 are on disk they give you a download voucher for the Origins Collection.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
I have a nostalgia boner. I will probably end up getting it even if it isn't good since it's Double Dragon and only $10.

Going to be a free PS+ game in September.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Going to be a free PS+ game in September.

Awesome not played tha in Years, anything new to it
Like like hd r trophies ?
Old 08-31-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Awesome not played tha in Years, anything new to it
Like like hd r trophies ?
It's a new game not just a port so I'm assuming it will be HD and have trophies.

Cheesy 80's High Five FTW!