Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Wait, we lost 35-10 to the Browns?

And i'm reading about more injuries? What's up with Jennings?
I think they are just being uber-cautious while bringing him back from concussion symptoms.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Wait, we lost 35-10 to the Browns?

And i'm reading about more injuries? What's up with Jennings?
Shh don't worry... 1st string did alright... the rest basically sucked though. I didn't see anymore new injuries. Jennings is fine no need to rush him back in preseason.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Shh don't worry... 1st string did alright... the rest basically sucked though. I didn't see anymore new injuries. Jennings is fine no need to rush him back in preseason.
So we won. That's the most important part by far. Ask Desmond Bishop dammit.
Heck, we lost to the Browns last year too, still went 15-1. Preseason results mean very, very little.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jennings, Finely, Kuhn, Shields all back at practice... only 13 players didn't practice. Healthiest Packers have been all TC. Bout time we tried something different

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 08-24-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anthony Hargrove released today...never thought he was gonna be much of a factor for the roster from day one

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Anthony Hargrove released today...never thought he was gonna be much of a factor for the roster from day one
I really liked him and thought he showed some good passrush in the little time he got during the preseason.. but.. we have a lot of promising Dlineman who aren't going to serve 8 game suspensions.

That said, I still don't completely understand cutting him when he would have been roster exempt for the first 8 games and we could have just cut him then if we didn't need him. Is there a reason for this I'm missing? I guess we don't have to pay his salary now.. but wasn't it vet minimum anyway?

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
I really liked him and thought he showed some good passrush in the little time he got during the preseason.. but.. we have a lot of promising Dlineman who aren't going to serve 8 game suspensions.

That said, I still don't completely understand cutting him when he would have been roster exempt for the first 8 games and we could have just cut him then if we didn't need him. Is there a reason for this I'm missing? I guess we don't have to pay his salary now.. but wasn't it vet minimum anyway?
Hargrove wasn't getting any meaningful time during the preseason games and from what I've read about him during camp, he simply didn't give the team reasons to keep him around.

Hargrove also began to become a bit of a problem once his reps started to dwindle.

Last edited by princefielder28 : 08-25-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=53634

Fantasy football, anyone?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

along with Hargrove

WR Andrew Brewer
OT Herb Taylor
S Michah Pellerin
CB Dion Turner

were also cut

Old 08-27-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

House doesn't need surgery on his shoulder, but the news still doesn't sound good

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/167488405.html

He'll need to wear a harness all season and he basically admits he has to completely change his game. Sounds a lot like Tramon from last season(but minus the nerve damage). We saw how ineffective Tramon was last year when he was coping with the injury

This is quite a blow to the secondary considering House was really lookin good. It's also not a good sign that they STILL don't have the starters in the secondary set after 3 weeks of the preseason.

Hopefully the pass rush is improved this season. They'll need it
Old 08-27-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I worry about House and how the injury will impact how effective he can be for the defense. I assume he'll compete for dime duties, and I don't see him competing for a starting spot with being restricted physically.

I expect Casey Hayward to be the starting corner opposite of Tramon Williams in week one given how the Niners offense operates and Hayward's ability to support the run compared to Sam Shields.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Jarius Wynn has been cut.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No surprise there. Not really ideal for the 3-4 anyway and his main strength(pass rush) was non-existent last year. He's a liability vs the run as well. No upside here and not worth rostering with the guys they have added

They'll need to make 9 more cuts....or better yet, a few more cuts while placing others on PUP/IR, etc etc
Old 08-27-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
House doesn't need surgery on his shoulder, but the news still doesn't sound good

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/167488405.html

He'll need to wear a harness all season and he basically admits he has to completely change his game. Sounds a lot like Tramon from last season(but minus the nerve damage). We saw how ineffective Tramon was last year when he was coping with the injury

This is quite a blow to the secondary considering House was really lookin good. It's also not a good sign that they STILL don't have the starters in the secondary set after 3 weeks of the preseason.

Hopefully the pass rush is improved this season. They'll need it
Bummer about House, he looked awfully good out there and realistically he's got no shot at significant playing time this year now. Maybe later in the year if he takes it easy but a definite damper.

Heyward is probably going to take that #2 spot. He's less flawed than Bush and more physical/better pure cover guy than Shields. Shields is the most athletic of the bunch but he's just been underwhelming and Bush is simply not starter worthy. Physical and a decent playmaker but possibly the worst pure cover guy on our roster.

I'm a bit disappointed in Worthy so far. Haven't heard much from him, much more glowing reviews about Daniels and Muir. Hopefully he can step it up a bit.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coming off a year in which our DBs tackled like girls, knowing that DaHouse is going to be babying a shoulder all year, that's not good news.

We saw how it affected Traymon last year.
And we know Shields is not a strong tackler.

Hopefully Hayward can be a rare rookie that plays early & well back there for us.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

With the new IR just passing today that means we could get Desmond Bishop back! If hes healthy that is.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Default Official list of Packers moves

Early morning and some cuts are coming in

Quote:
WR Shaky Smithson
G Ray Dominguez
TE DeMarco Cosby

all waived off IR with injury settlements
The others(continuously being updated)

Quote:
S Anthony Levine
C Samson Genus
C/G Tommie Draheim
OT Andrew Datko
WR Tori Gurley
WR Diondre Borel
WR Dale Moss
FB Nic Cooper
TE Brandon Bostick
G/T Reggie Wells
G Greg Van Roten
OT Shea Allard
DE Lawrence Guy
WR Curenski Gilleylen
CB/KR Otis Merrill
RB Marc Tyler
DT Daniel Muir
QB B.J. Coleman
LB Vic So'oto was placed on IR, OT Derek Sherrod placed on PUP

DE Mike Neal begins serving his 4 game suspension
LB Erik Walden begins serving his 1 game suspension

Last edited by BloodBrother : 08-31-2012 at 08:44 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Well so much for any of those WRs making it... there's still that one guy, can't think of his name from V Tech.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Jarrett Boykin. I could see him making it with how he played. If not, looks like they'll roll with the same 5 WR from last year

Safety Sean Richardson's chances of making the 53 man roster improved with the release of Anthony Levine
Old 08-31-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

S Sean Richardson has indeed made the Packers 53 man roster

Packers released Daniel Muir. That surprised me a bit
Old 08-31-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

So we have 5 to go?

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

4 or 5. They can keep an extra guy and put them at 54 since Neal is suspended the first 4 games

so if they want to go that route, they only need to cut 4. Wonder what's taking so long for the announcement of the last 4 cuts. They have 30 minutes until the deadline. Perhaps TT is trying to work a trade or something. They let go a TON of OLineman. They could use a vet backup or 2 there
Old 08-31-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

B.J. Coleman was waived, Vic So'oto was placed on IR and Sherrod was placed on PUP
Old 08-31-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

The Packers are currently at 55 players, but as has been stated before, they have 2 players who are suspended(Neal the first 4 games, Walden for the 1st game) so they don't count against the 53 man roster. After Week 1, they'll have to make a cut to activate Walden

Quote:
Here's the roster for Week 1 with Neal/Walden obviously out

QB(2): Aaron Rodgers, Graham Harrell

RB(5): Cedric Benson, Alex Green, Brandon Saine, James Starks, John Kuhn

TE(4): Jermichael Finley, D.J. Williams, Ryan Taylor, Tom Crabtree

WR(6): Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, James Jones, Donald Driver, Jarrett Boykin

OL(7): Bryan Bulaga, Josh Sitton, Jeff Saturday, T.J. Lang, Marshall Newhouse, Evan Dietrich-Smith, Don Barclay

DL(6): Ryan Pickett, B.J. Raji, C.J. Wilson, Jerel Worthy, Mike Daniels, Phillip Merling

LB(9): Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Dezman Moses, Brad Jones, A.J. Hawk, D.J. Smith, Robert Francois, Jamari Lattimore, Terrell Manning

DB(11): Charles Woodson, Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Davon House, Morgan Burnett, Sean Richardson, Jarrett Bush, Casey Hayward, Brandion Ross, Jerron McMillian, M.D. Jennings

ST(3): Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode

4 UDFA(players in bold) make the team. When Neal returns, I assume Merling is the one who will be cut. When Walden returns, I don't know who gets cut. They have too many DB's so perhaps they cut somebody from that group when Walden returns in week 2. I'd be willing to guess that it would likely be Brandion Ross

I'm not liking the depth at OL. They need another solid vet there or something. 7 won't do IMO, especially when its EDS and an UDFA in Barclay who comprise the depth there. You have to think that TT is placing some claims in on some OLineman. We'll find out tomorrow if that's the case

Some numbers:

Quote:
- 15 new faces on this 53 man roster. Some are guys who have been with the team a few years but haven't been on the 53 man roster(i.e. Harrell, Brandion Ross, etc)

LB Dezman Moses
G Don Barclay
S Sean Richardson
WR Jarrett Boykin
RB Cedric Benson
DT Mike Daniels
CB Casey Hayward
QB Graham Harrell
LB Terrell Manning
S Jerron McMillian
DE Phillip Merling
LB Nick Perry
CB Brandion Ross
C Jeff Saturday
DE Jerel Worthy

- 10 rookies on the team. 6 draft picks from this years draft and the 4 UDFA. Those players are highlighted in bold

- 4 players on the 53 man roster are over the age of 30. WR Donald Driver(37 years old), C Jeff Saturday(37 years old), CB Charles Woodson(35 years old), DT Ryan Pickett(32 years old)

Last edited by BloodBrother : 08-31-2012 at 09:03 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Initial thoughts:

- We're carrying too many running backs. One could possibly be cut next week.
- Dietrich-Smith as our only offensive line cover is VERY worrying.
- They must like Boykin a lot to keep him when they didn't keep Borel or Gurley last year.
- The sooner we can get rid of AJ Hawk the better. BJ Raji is probably a better ILB than him.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote