Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-31-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Broaddus seems to think they won't make a play for Koppen.

I like the idea of Koppen, but is he the same player?
His brain alone is worth it.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants put TT and Shaun Rogers on IR. I have to say the opening game might be a case of the walking wounded.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Austin gonna play?
Old 08-31-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Is Austin gonna play?
Miles or Marvin?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Miles or Marvin?
I actually meant Miles but what's up with Marvin? That's a name I haven't heard in a while. I liked him a lot in the draft but totally forgot he was in the league until you just mentioned him.

In other awesome news Mana Silva made the team!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Giants put TT and Shaun Rogers on IR. I have to say the opening game might be a case of the walking wounded.
I agree! I wonder if limiting practices in hopes of deducing injuries has allowed for players to get hurt more because their bodies can't get used to the pounding.

I wonder if the model for playing players will change. I was thinking about this as the pre season weeks were going on. What if teams played their starters differently now.

PS game 1: 2 Quarters
2: Full game
3: Full game
4L 3 Quarters

The goal is to get them off and running so that they can get into the groove before the season starts so that game 1 it won't be like they never played before.

With this league being a copy cat league, I am waiting for at least 1 coach to change the model and try something different.

A lot of guys we were keeping out for precautionary reasons. However, I think we should be somewhat decent heading into game 1. We may have untested guys at certain spots, but our DL will be healthy and ready to go.

How is your team looking? Is your OL going to be healthy and ready to go? How about the WRs and Witten?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default TE

ITEIRESIAS think we just claimed a TE, and rumor McGee was cut. :)
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez

Cowboys have their practice squad players at practice. Dunbar, coale, bass, benford, leary, lemon, olawale, calloway.

Looks like Hamilton is the only one that didn’t make it?

Posted from another place
Old 09-01-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboys claimed TE Colin Cochart and cut Stephen McGee.

Practice Squad is set:
Dunbar
Olawale
Leary
Bass
Lemon
Benford
Calloway
Coale (WOOT!)

Overall I think we made out really well this year. I'm surprised by Hamilton not even making the PS but then again he never did ANYTHING on special teams and was a one-trick pony as a rusher.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

Default PS

I like who we were able to keep. Where did Hamilton end up? I am sure somebody picked him up.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlopez1 View Post
I like who we were able to keep. Where did Hamilton end up? I am sure somebody picked him up.
No one claimed him. We passed on signing him to the PS haven't seen him. One trick pony and had no value on ST. Was rooting for him but he has a lot of developing to go before being an NFL caliber rusher.

I am shocked that Coale and Bass made it to the PS.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlopez1 View Post
Ravens (10 char)
Old 09-02-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I actually meant Miles but what's up with Marvin? That's a name I haven't heard in a while. I liked him a lot in the draft but totally forgot he was in the league until you just mentioned him.

In other awesome news Mana Silva made the team!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!!!
I really like that guy. He has a lot of hustle whenever he's on the field. That's the type of guys I like to see on the team. Even if he's just a special teams guy it's still good that he made it.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I really like that guy. He has a lot of hustle whenever he's on the field. That's the type of guys I like to see on the team. Even if he's just a special teams guy it's still good that he made it.
It'll probably be a short lived stay, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One more day. I'm nervous, but very excited at the same time. This is a really good chance for a lot of younger guys to make a statement for many years to come. Same thing for the older guys too.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
One more day. I'm nervous, but very excited at the same time. This is a really good chance for a lot of younger guys to make a statement for many years to come. Same thing for the older guys too.
Me too! It's going to be fun! I feel like we always play NFL east teams to start the season. We used to play Washington a lot, and then you guys in Dallas if I am not mistaken.

If I had it my way I'd save the division games until later. It's way too early to play those division games. None the less, I am excited to see what both teams have and excited to see the last two draft classes actually do something.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm fine with whatever, but if this game resembles the Jets game from last year in any way I'm going to throw up. That I'm not going to be able to take.

Also worried about Victor Cruz. He'll destroy Scandrick like usual in the slot, and it's a waste to put Carr or Claiborne on Hixon. We need to get one of those guys acclimated inside also, otherwise Cruz is going to be option #1 on 3rd downs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I'm fine with whatever, but if this game resembles the Jets game from last year in any way I'm going to throw up. That I'm not going to be able to take.

Also worried about Victor Cruz. He'll destroy Scandrick like usual in the slot, and it's a waste to put Carr or Claiborne on Hixon. We need to get one of those guys acclimated inside also, otherwise Cruz is going to be option #1 on 3rd downs.
Yeah if you put Orlando S. on Cruz, then it's going to be a long night. I think Cruz will abuse Orlando S. in the slot. We have Nicks playing so that will be good. I think Z will played by Hixon. If we go 4 wide then I can see it being like this:

X - Nicks
Z - Hixon or R.R.
Y - J.J
F - Cruz

Any word on Jay R.? Will he be playing? If not, then it helps our running game a lot. I am excited to see Wilson play. I would love for us to dink and dunk with him and see what he can do. Maybe it will open up other things if that happens.

Obviously Ware is always a concern, but outside of him, I am not worried about anyone else. I hope we stay conservative early on until we see what you guys are doing.

How is your OL going to be? Is it all hands on deck for the first game?
Old 09-04-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe Ratliff is out and Witten is now doubtful.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Yeah if you put Orlando S. on Cruz, then it's going to be a long night. I think Cruz will abuse Orlando S. in the slot. We have Nicks playing so that will be good. I think Z will played by Hixon. If we go 4 wide then I can see it being like this:

X - Nicks
Z - Hixon or R.R.
Y - J.J
F - Cruz

Any word on Jay R.? Will he be playing? If not, then it helps our running game a lot. I am excited to see Wilson play. I would love for us to dink and dunk with him and see what he can do. Maybe it will open up other things if that happens.

Obviously Ware is always a concern, but outside of him, I am not worried about anyone else. I hope we stay conservative early on until we see what you guys are doing.

Jay Ratliff has been ruled out and Witten is Doubtful... Oline is intact but hasn't worked together that much so there will probably be communication errors in pass pro. I think the game plan will be to grind between the tackles and challenge the big boys since you have some injuries at DT. Maybe get Murray some catches out of the backfield to negate the rush and challenge Kiwanuka on space. If that is successful it will open the door for some PA opportunities.

How is your OL going to be? Is it all hands on deck for the first game?
I like the Carr / Nicks battle on the outside. Def two physical big bodies going at at it. I expect Rob Ryan to dial up some pressure that will leave the corners on the island so Cruz's ability to break tackles is worrisome.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
I like the Carr / Nicks battle on the outside. Def two physical big bodies going at at it. I expect Rob Ryan to dial up some pressure that will leave the corners on the island so Cruz's ability to break tackles is worrisome.
Yea that's 1 of my key matches personally. That's just going to be some good football there between those two. Carr has been so much better then I thought he was coming here, pre-season or not he's a stud and the faster Mo can develop the better off we will be.

Quote:
Old 09-04-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jay Ratliff is ruled out, Witten is doubtful, and the Oline is intact but hasn't played together all that much.

Beatty lost his LT spot right?
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Jay Ratliff is ruled out, Witten is doubtful, and the Oline is intact but hasn't played together all that much.

Beatty lost his LT spot right?
That's correct. It'd probably help us more if he was starting, he's been a let down. Sad to hear because I wanted him pretty badly that year. But for it to make a difference somebody other then Ware has to get a pass rush going.

Quote:
Old 09-04-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Let's not forget that the Giants are pretty nicked up on the defensive side of the ball. Everyone is concentrating on our injuries, but their secondary is pretty beat up, BAD!!!

I'm not stressing Witten being possibly out. I think we have enough weapons to overcome him being gone for one game. Ratliff concerns me a little bit more.

Watch for us to concentrate on our run game tomorrow and throwing a lot of screens to Murray/Jones and WR bubble screens to Dez & Ogs. I believe we'll be chipping away at them with the short passes and runs which will open up to some good play action passes.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Let's not forget that the Giants are pretty nicked up on the defensive side of the ball. Everyone is concentrating on our injuries, but their secondary is pretty beat up, BAD!!!

I'm not stressing Witten being possibly out. I think we have enough weapons to overcome him being gone for one game. Ratliff concerns me a little bit more.

Watch for us to concentrate on our run game tomorrow and throwing a lot of screens to Murray/Jones and WR bubble screens to Dez & Ogs. I believe we'll be chipping away at them with the short passes and runs which will open up to some good play action passes.
Yeah, we do have Webster, and Hosely will play. Coe is a veteran as well. Prince is out for the game. The safeties are all there. So the Cb position isn't as bad as it could be if Hosely was out too. Then we'd have issues. However, I am glad Webster is there. Webster on Dez, and then Coe on Austin is my guess.

When we go nickel we will mix it up with our 3 safety look, which means Will Hill or Put Rolle as CB, and Hill and Philips back there. So we do have flexibility.