Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 08-31-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
I think that Celek is the first guy to get cut. I hope that they bring in a LB. we got really lucky last year with no injuries to the LBs
Unless Baalke truly plans on using Dobbs as emergency OLB.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:49 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well there hasn't been any OLBs cut worth mentioning so I guess were going with three for now...
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:10 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Well there hasn't been any OLBs cut worth mentioning so I guess were going with three for now...
Or we'll just get the best of what's out there. I'd be shocked if they actually head into the season with only three OLB. That's insane.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:11 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I thought you said you didn't play Madden.
I dont. This is the first year since 2005 that I have actually played the game for more than a week. I played 2K5 until Madden 2010. Saw an awesome video on youtube with the Ravens against the Titans and got into it. Purchased it and sold it quickly. 2011 and 2012 were sold within a few days give or take.

This year, the gameplay is actually pretty good. Amazingly, for the first time since 2005, im actually enjoying and getting into the gameplay to where I can actually play through a season but all the non-gameplay stuff is killing me and preventing that from happening. CCM is horrible and I miss franchise mode. I really hope that 2K returns in two years but after Madden sold 900,000 copies on release day, I dont ever see that happening, nor do I ever see myself actually playing through an entire season in Madden happening either. UGH.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:13 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Which is why I said keep an eye on OT cuts.

Other option if Staley/A.Davis goes down would be to kick Boone out to Tackle and start Leonard Davis at RG.

IMO...

Boone at T and L. Davis at G >>>>>>>>> Boone at G and Mike Person at T.
Agreed. Are there any OT's that were released we could go after?
Old 09-01-2012, 04:25 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that I think about it, I remember hearing something about Dobbs competing for the pass rush role that Aldon held. Because Aldon played about 90% DE last year, so I guess that is what they envision for Dobbs maybe?
Old 09-01-2012, 08:11 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
Now that I think about it, I remember hearing something about Dobbs competing for the pass rush role that Aldon held. Because Aldon played about 90% DE last year, so I guess that is what they envision for Dobbs maybe?
Probably. Dobbs could be a solid backup to Brooks/Smith in nickel packages.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I dont. This is the first year since 2005 that I have actually played the game for more than a week. I played 2K5 until Madden 2010. Saw an awesome video on youtube with the Ravens against the Titans and got into it. Purchased it and sold it quickly. 2011 and 2012 were sold within a few days give or take.

This year, the gameplay is actually pretty good. Amazingly, for the first time since 2005, im actually enjoying and getting into the gameplay to where I can actually play through a season but all the non-gameplay stuff is killing me and preventing that from happening. CCM is horrible and I miss franchise mode. I really hope that 2K returns in two years but after Madden sold 900,000 copies on release day, I dont ever see that happening, nor do I ever see myself actually playing through an entire season in Madden happening either. UGH.
Franchise mode is in the Connected Careers....just select the role as head coach.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
Probably. Dobbs could be a solid backup to Brooks/Smith in nickel packages.
I just hope they aren't spreading Dobbs too thin. DE, TE, ST, and now OLB...seems like a lot of roles for a guy who's still working to improve his main role as a 5-Tech. Only guy I saw cut who might make sense as a OLB is Everette Brown. He flashed potential in this league before and as a 4th OLB you could kick the tires and see if he might work as a rehab project in a 3-4.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Franchise mode is in the Connected Careers....just select the role as head coach.
Yeah, I know but below is why I cant play it...way too many problems and because there's no editing in CCM, I cant get around the majority of the problems like I used to.

Check my list ...26th post down

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...atch-news.html

Either way, I have until September 14th which is two weeks away from yesterday until my Xbox Live trial ends. If there's no patch released by then, game is gone 100% and may even be gone a week from today because I want to make sure that when I trade this in to Best Buy, their 100% trade in promotion still exists. Add in the 10% extra since im a GCU member and I'll get back $42. Game cost me $65 but then add in the $20 Reward cert. I get for pre-ordering and the $10 coupon I received for ordering online and picking up in-store and well, I actually make about a $7 profit and still was able to play the game.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Supposed to be a patch update in another week Dan is what I read. My Madden 13 isn't even playable....well it is but it isn't so I'm just like "meh" about it at the moment.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Jets claim Reuland, Chargers add Owusu. ****! Palmer, Thomas clear

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 09-01-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We ended up losing a few players to other team's 53 man rosters or Practice Squads

-S Colin Jones traded to Panthers 53
-OL Mike Person to Colts 53
-TE Konrad Reuland to Jets 53
-WR Chris Owusu to Chargers PS (Either chose to go, or we didnt want him. Maybe both)
-OL Chase Beeler to Eagles PS

Also heard WR Bryan Tyms is working out with the Dolphins, PS possibility there

So far, per reports, our PS is looking like

-WR Nathan Palmer
-OL Kenny Wiggins
-OL Al Netter
-S Michael Thomas
-LB Michael Wilhoite

3 more spots to go. Got these through various updates per Maiocco, Branch, and Barrows

https://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN
https://twitter.com/mattbarrows
https://twitter.com/Eric_Branch

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 09-01-2012 at 01:09 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Supposed to be a patch update in another week Dan is what I read. My Madden 13 isn't even playable....well it is but it isn't so I'm just like "meh" about it at the moment.
The patch that was scheduled for September 11th has been delayed/cancelled according to the topic on operation sports. Personally, I dont see EA fixing anything in CCM. EA wants everyone online and no point in having editing when you're stuck using EA's rosters when playing online.

Sad part is that if EA/Tiburon would have just left in franchise mode, I would probably be playing right now but instead, I have spent more time posting here and on Operation Sports about all the problems. Its amazing. I dont even think that EA tests the game. They let us, the consumers test it for them.

Anyway, hopefully I'll pick up Madden NFL 12 tomorrow for $10 at Best Buy. Using Modio and a USB flash drive, i'll be able to download the actual full Madden NFL 13 default roster and use it in Madden NFL 12. Its amazing, people who do roster editing and such do more work than Tiburon/EA does.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Dont care about the players we lost to other teams but I hope Palmer can make the practice squad and doesnt get plucked during the season.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As it stands now, our 53 man roster+PS+injury list

QB- Alex, Kaepernick, Tolzien
RB- Gore, Jacobs, Hunter, James, Dixon, Miller
TE- Davis, Walker, Celek
WR- Moss, Crabtree, Manningham, Williams, Ginn, Jenkins
OL- Staley, Iupati, Goodwin, Boone, Davis, Kilgore, Looney, L Davis
DL- Justin Smith, McDonald, Sopoaga, Williams, Dobbs, Tuakufu, RJF
ILB- Willis, Bowman, Grant, Gooden
OLB- Aldon, Brooks, Haralson
CB- Rogers, Brown, Culliver, Cox, Brock
S- Goldson, Whitner, Robinson, Spillman, McBath
ST- Akers, Lee, Jennings

PS- WR Palmer, OL Netter, OL Wiggins, DL Masifilo, DL Jerrod-Eddie, LB Wilhioite, LB Johnson, S Thomas

PUP- OLB Fleming, Non-football injury- RB Hampton

Players from camp on other teams- TE Reuland (Jets), OL Person (Colts), S Jones (Panthers), WR Owusu (Chargers- Practice Squad), OL Beeler (Eagles- Practice Squad)

Looks like we didn't make any waiver wire moves. In 2011, we signed Tavares Gooden and Scott Tolzien after roster cuts. No such move this year.

We're still a little light at OLB and OT. We do have 2 OT's and 1 OLB on the PS though.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 09-01-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just hope they aren't spreading Dobbs too thin. DE, TE, ST, and now OLB...seems like a lot of roles for a guy who's still working to improve his main role as a 5-Tech. Only guy I saw cut who might make sense as a OLB is Everette Brown. He flashed potential in this league before and as a 4th OLB you could kick the tires and see if he might work as a rehab project in a 3-4.
It is a worry, but I think Dobbs will be doing the same thing as a DE and OLB backup - get to the passer.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baalke tried to claim Jamal Westerman but the Cardinals were higher on the list and got him.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:59 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Seems we will sign Clark Haggans, pending him passing his physical on Sunday. Meh....was hoping for better but its whatever at this point. Sucks we couldn't grabbed Westernman, he would have been a perfect fit on this team.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Dont care about Haggans but can he play on ST? If not, dont see the point since he would be 4th on the DC at OLB.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/242381095503527936

Quote:
Most popular waived player: OT Mike Person. He was claimed by Indy, Seattle, NE.
Wonder if we should have kept him over a guy like McBath or Celek or something...

Although i think it speaks to the depth of our roster when so many 49ers are being claimed on waivers. Players not good enough for us are given roster spots on other teams. Person, Reuland, even former 49ers like Cody Wallace and Phillip Adams were claimed off waivers. Plus Beeler and Owusu to other teams practice squads and Jones was traded to Carolina.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 09-02-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/242381095503527936

Wonder if we should have kept him over a guy like McBath or Celek or something...
Person didn't really standout to me during pre-season. Not that he played bad, but I expected to see a decent jump in his play from last pre-season. I didn't see it. I wouldn't put much stock into the teams that put in claims, all those teams had O-Line issues. Person is decent tackle, who still has room to grow and is very young. I wasn't surprised he ended up getting a few claims. But I also think we were quietly impressed with the development of Derek Hall. I thought he looked solid all pre-season.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 09-02-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Dont care about Haggans but can he play on ST? If not, dont see the point since he would be 4th on the DC at OLB.
The point is, he can play OLB if Aldon Smith, Ahmad Brooks, or Parys Haralson get hurt. Of course Baalke wanted Westerman (ST value) but he didn't get him. He got a very experienced vet who has played his entire career in a 3-4 or hybrid. Nearly the entire roster can play ST, so it's irrelevant if Haggans can't.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Person didn't really standout to me during pre-season. Not that he played bad, but I expected to see a decent jump in his play from last pre-season. I didn't see it. I wouldn't put much stock into the teams that put in claims, all those teams had O-Line issues. Person is decent tackle, who still has room to grow and is very young. I wasn't surprised he ended up getting a few claims. But I also think we were quietly impressed with the development of Derek Hall. I thought he looked solid all pre-season.
I liked Hall too but he's not even on the PS, let alone 53. We have Wiggins and Netter on the PS.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Haralson might go on IR?

Quote:
Depth. Haralson might be out for a long time, might go on IR. RT @attitud330: what's the point to the Haggans signing at this time?
https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/stat...47543794024448

i think new ir rules state we can bring him back later in the year, but he could miss a significant chunk of time regardless..