Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-02-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Really liked 34 on Wilson, too.
I agree. Looked real good on him. Same number Walter Payton and Earl Campbell had. 22 is just meh in my book.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if we try to get Petrus back now?

I would like to give him 1 more year to prove himself.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Pascoe is serviceable, but KWII is def. more talented and more productive as a pass catcher. I'd take him any day over Pascoe. Let KWII have a earn it or leave contract along with Bennett. Ideally both would be damn good for us.
You're thinking about a player Kellen Winslow just isn't anymore. At this point Pascoe is a better athlete and not just blocker than KWII. Winslow still has glue on his palms and amazing hands, but he's slow and a terrible blocker. With how unreliable Black Unicorn has been in the past, that adds even more incentive to keep the dependable Pascoe.

Agreed on our OL, we need to seriously boost the talent there as Eli ages. Eventually he'll break and we won't be able to rely on the running game to protect him. I desperately wanted us to add someone like Cordy Glenn or Mike Adams in the draft, so hopefully it lines up for us this summer. Although we do seem to rely on FA for starters along the OL that don't come out of the late round, O'Hara, Baas, McKenzie. Maybe we go to that well again next summer the way I thought we might go after Winston, although I don't know who'll be available as, I think, Jake Long, Ryan Clady and Brandon Albert all have signed extensions.

If Buffalo cheaps out on Andy Levitre he'd be an amazing get. That kid's like a rich man's David Diehl, phenomenal guard who can boss the running game as a tackle.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FA OL are expensive as hell. We have too much talent to re-sign to go out and spend big money on a FA OL. We need to draft talent there.

I want to bolster our OL this offseason, but I also want us to go out and draft a CB.

I think it will come down to who is on the board when we pick. If BPA is a OT, go out and get him. If it's a CB, get the CB. Gotta stick with the board.

For the immediate future, we desperately need an OT, and we need a G for the future. I would have loved the G from Wisconsin that Cinncy took. Gotta start scouting some of the LT talent in this upcoming draft.

We can survive another year with our interior OL talent. But we desperately need OTs for the future. Diehl has 2 years left in the tank and we have absolutely no LT to speak of.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Is Beatty gonna start on Wednesday? I would feel more comfortable with Locklear starting. He didnt look all that bad at all, in fact I'd say he looked better than Beatty has ever looked, and he got all the reps so he's more ready to play than Beatty.

I feel like they're trying to force Beatty to succeed but he's just not good. It's time to admit it and just move on. Keep him as a backup this year to Locklear and move on from him in the offseason.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guess who's back?

Old 09-02-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is anyone going Wednesday?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I guess Prince isn't gonna be ready for Wednesday night, Fewell said you guys are starting Michael Coe at CB. I'd expect a ton of Safety help for him over the top, especially if Witten doesn't play.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hosley might be ready but yes Coe is #2 for sure.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-03-2012, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm guessing Rolle will be seeing a lot of time at CB. I think we under appreciate Rolle at times. Sure he's got a big mouth, but he's actually a pretty damn good nickel corner too. That versatility is extremely valuable.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for those who fapped for brian price a couple years ago, he just got released by the bears in order to sign okoye.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
for those who fapped for brian price a couple years ago, he just got released by the bears in order to sign okoye.
That would be me. Shame the Bucs ****** up developing him, kid had so much raw talent.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 09-03-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
That would be me. Shame the Bucs ****** up developing him, kid had so much raw talent.
i saw what you liked, but i just didn't get why you thought he could be a top 20 pick. if i remember correctly, I thought that Jurrel Casey was a very similar player.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-03-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Price reminded me sooooo much of Sed Ellis, with the low center of gravity, the explosive burst and the pure speed to rape. Casey never had the same type of burst and athleticism.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-03-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Is Price PS eligible? I wouldn't mind him on the ps.

I was never a fan of his. He had speed, but no power, fell to the ground too often. Didn't see him as a 1st rounder. If theres potential to develop him in the ps though, I'm all for it.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Is Price PS eligible? I wouldn't mind him on the ps.

I was never a fan of his. He had speed, but no power, fell to the ground too often. Didn't see him as a 1st rounder. If theres potential to develop him in the ps though, I'm all for it.
he played in 15 games in 1 season, so no.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-03-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

He fell over a lot, but it wasn't because of a lack of power. The kid actually had really good strength, he would just come out of his stance way too far forward and leave himself off balance.

I wouldn't really bother with him at this point, you're not going to fix his issues now and I don't think he's PS eligible anymore anyway.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-03-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Crap Nicks didn't practice again today.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-03-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Crap Nicks didn't practice again today.
But he again told the media that he is going to play wednesday. I think it's just for precautionary reasons.

Quote:
Old 09-03-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It's bad he didn't go today.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-03-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
It's bad he didn't go today.
Again,from what I've read it's just for precautionary reasons. Both Coughlin and Nicks himself said that he will be ready for Wednesday.

Quote:
Old 09-03-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Ehh I know it's just opening game jitters as a fan. I'll be less reactionary.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-03-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
Ehh I know it's just opening game jitters as a fan. I'll be less reactionary.
haha, I know that feeling as well! Been worried about the Cowboys and the game for over a week now. I also had one last look at all the highlights from last season earlier today. After "America's Game" tomorrow, I have to stop living in the past and be fully focused on this season. But I'm optimistic, I think we will win Wednesday night, and I think we will have a good season.

Boley also confirmed he's playing Wednesday, btw. Amukamara has been ruled out, but we already knew that. As long as Coe and Hosley don't stink up the place on wednesday, we should win in my opinion.

Quote:
Old 09-03-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'm more concerned about the injuries in the secondary than at WR. Eli do what it do. I'm not concerned, Eli will make it work.

But on defense, we need our DBs. I'm not thrilled with Coe on Austin.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Austin, Witten, and Dez are all less than 100% so that makes me a little less worried. Front 7 is going to have to dominate that line though.

sig by BoneKrusher