Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-02-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I hope Jesse is just allowed to leave with that money, to be the one who escapes.

And can someone remind me of the significance of that scene? I am guessing that book was given to Walt by Gale?
Yes Gale gave him the book didn't u see he signed it G.B.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
To get caught like that I was like wtf then a little let down.
Most guys get caught by making stupid mistakes.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the quieter cliffhanger for this half season.

Good episode, but man do they love these guys love crazy music montage.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I hope Jesse is just allowed to leave with that money, to be the one who escapes.

And can someone remind me of the significance of that scene? I am guessing that book was given to Walt by Gale?
They replayed the scene from early season 4 regarding the W.W. connection with Gale.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lost in the final scene was how powerful the Walt/Jesse scene was.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Lost in the final scene was how powerful the Walt/Jesse scene was.
Yea Jesse had to go get his gun just in case and how he was like thank god Walt didn't do me like the 10 guys in jail. (that's what she said)
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I still think the Todd has an uncle who can orchestrate massive prison killings is too a bit too much deus ex machina.

But the prison death montage was executed so superbly, I'm over it.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When Walt said he was out I thought. "How are they going to fill another season? Is someone going to rat out Walt now that he's out?" Now there is no need. But are they going to have to kill Hank?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
When Walt said he was out I thought. "How are they going to fill another season? Is someone going to rat out Walt now that he's out?" Now there is no need. But are they going to have to kill Hank?
No, Walt will flee. I think that's pretty clear, based on both circumstance and what we've seen with the flash forward.

It's not like Hank is gonna walk out of that bathroom and arrest Walt at the family barbeque. Hank is probably gonna be paralyzed with inaction for a short period of time as he tries to wrap his mind around what he believes he's just uncovered.

Imagine the embarrassing position he's in His own brother-in-law is the great Heisenberg. He's asking himself, "How the **** did I not discover this sooner!?"
Old 09-02-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uh-mazing.

Wow... now I have to wait another year. This blows.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Most guys get caught by making stupid mistakes.
I like this way of him getting caught. Like you said, most get caught through the small stuff, not the big stuff. If you think about it, it does not make sense for Walt to keep that book with that quotation publicly assessable, knowing that Hank is over all the time, considering he knew what Hank had found. But at the same time, given Walt's ego, its is reasonable to think he may have overlooked that aspect and kept the tribute to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
They replayed the scene from early season 4 regarding the W.W. connection with Gale.
I at first was having to think back as to who was being talked about during that scene. I was at first thinking it was from around season two until I remembered Gale.

Quote:
I still think the Todd has an uncle who can orchestrate massive prison killings is too a bit too much deus ex machina.

But the prison death montage was executed so superbly, I'm over it.
Meh, I can see it, but at the same time, most cartels have ways of pulling off just that. Although Walt doesn't operate a cartel himself, he is pretty close to it. Outside of the Mexicans, no one in the show has really had criminal connections. Mike did, but they were of more the professional variant. You could I guess classify Todd's connections as being somewhat professional, but there is obviously something completely different about them compared to Mike's guys. For a show centered around extremely high level meth operations, I can accept the notion of mass prison assassinations.

The only questionable thing in this episode was the introduction of the Czech connect. Hopefully this stays in the background to a certain degree, although I know the very fact that it was introduced means it will play a role down the line. I just think making the Czech distribution a main part of the show is too extravagant and far out there.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I almost forgot about the Czech thing in light of everything that followed. But perhaps it won't be all that important. I'm not sure how much time we're supposed to believe passed during that long montage, but I'm guessing it was several months.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I almost forgot about the Czech thing in light of everything that followed. But perhaps it won't be all that important. I'm not sure how much time we're supposed to believe passed during that long montage, but I'm guessing it was several months.
Three months. Marie said it when talking to Skyler, WOULD YOU ******* PAY ATTENTION DANIEL JESUS ******* CHRIST.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-02-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
3 months. Marie mentioned to skylar in the scene where they were talking that they had had the kids for 3 months.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Walt was smart he'd get on the first plane to the Czech Republic.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol I was about to say... "Didn't they say it was three months?" lol

Old 09-02-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

What if Walt escapes to Czech and continues his operation there and THAT'S HOW THE SERIES ENDS?!

Old 09-02-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what i don't get is how Walt thought that he could just be "out", he just negotiated a deal with a major meth distributor and they paid him 5 Million dollars as part of that deal. To just turn around and be out, would piss them off quite a bit.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was a little let down with that reveal for Hank. So he tracks this guy, gets nowhere, and then finds a book and realizes it all? Really?

I still loved the episode, I just didn't like that little bit. Seemed way too easy for a show that has a way of telling a larger tale and making it seem flawless. It almost felt like a cop out of sorts, an easy way to continue the story when they've had no problems thinking of super creative ways to do it in the past. I dunno.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna go freeze myself in the mountains like Cartman did for the Wii. Someone come and thaw me when the new season premieres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I was a little let down with that reveal for Hank. So he tracks this guy, gets nowhere, and then finds a book and realizes it all? Really?

I still loved the episode, I just didn't like that little bit. Seemed way too easy for a show that has a way of telling a larger tale and making it seem flawless. It almost felt like a cop out of sorts, an easy way to continue the story when they've had no problems thinking of super creative ways to do it in the past. I dunno.
Again, people get found out because of stupid mistakes. That's all it takes, some grand epic realization would have been too dishonest.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-02-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Again, people get found out because of stupid mistakes. That's all it takes, some grand epic realization would have been too dishonest.
And I don't disagree, and I'm with you on that point, but for THIS show, with THIS writing staff, THAT seemed like the easy way to go. They've taken the smallest and seemingly most insignificant detail and tied up so well, better than any other show I've ever seen, and instead of crafting something larger, a different way to have this revealed to Hank.. it's "oh, I have to take a ****, and oh, I don't want to read Good Housekeeping"

Like I said I loved the episode, and the scene in the jail (with the music and that entire thing) is probably one of my favorite ever, but that part just irked me.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I thought Walt lied about getting out... simply to put Skylar at ease. I never believed it for a second.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
And I don't disagree, and I'm with you on that point, but for THIS show, with THIS writing staff, THAT seemed like the easy way to go. They've taken the smallest and seemingly most insignificant detail and tied up so well, better than any other show I've ever seen, and instead of crafting something larger, a different way to have this revealed to Hank.. it's "oh, I have to take a ****, and oh, I don't want to read Good Housekeeping"

Like I said I loved the episode, and the scene in the jail (with the music and that entire thing) is probably one of my favorite ever, but that part just irked me.
How exactly else should Hank be able to stumble upon this random book? Is it any more meaningful if he randomly found it on say a bookshelf or coffee table?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I thought Walt lied about getting out... simply to put Skylar at ease. I never believed it for a second.
Would be a hard thing to coverup. She is going to suspect him every time he leaves the house alone, and he is going to have to do that a lot if he stays in the business.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

She works at the car wash. Maybe he works his schedule on a more 9-5 schedule too? Not exactly sure but I definitely don't think he's "out" at all.