Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Washington

Offseason Losses:
WR Jabar Gaffney,
WR Donte' Stallworth,
DE/DT Kedric Golston,
OLB Rocky McIntosh,
SS LaRon Landry,
FS O.J. Atogwe.

Veteran Additions:
WR Pierre Garcon,
WR Josh Morgan,
ILB Jonathan Goff,
CB Cedric Griffin,
S Tanard Jackson,
S Brandon Meriweather,
K Neil Rackers.

The Skins have made a ton of moves getting rid of both starting safeties in exchange for Brandon Merriwether and Tanard Jackson who is currently suspended also bolstering the WR position with the addition of Garcon and Morgan to add to second year Leonard Hankerson it shows that the Redskins are finally going in the right direction.

Draft Picks:
QB Robert Griffin, QB Baylor
There is a reason why Mike Shanahan traded up and spent a ton of picks to get RG3. He has an NFL arm, not Matt Stafford arm but pretty close. He is reasonably accurate and can pull the ball down and run it. It should be no surprise that he is holding the ball a little long
in training camp he did so at Baylor as well.

G Josh LeRibeus, G SMU
LeRibeus is a strong, athletic guard from SMU who is a rather high character type guy. With that said he he also has trouble blocking in space. I'll say that he wasn't really a guy on most people's radar in round 3 but could eventually become a starter for the skins.

QB Kirk Cousins, QB Michigan State
There are no two QB's more different in this NFL draft than Kirk Cousins and RGIII. Cousins is a pocket passer from a pro style offense he has an average arm but enough to make most of the throws. A team leader and a smart player he should have been taken a round or two earlier great pick by them.

ILB Keenan Robinson. OLB Texas
Robinson is a player that plays faster than he times. I wonder if they will play him on the inside or outside? He has the tools to do both eventually but should start the first couple of seasons as a backup.

Adam Gettis G Iowa
Gettis comes from a program that is renound for developing NFL Offensive Linemen he is under sized which really fits in the Shanahan Wheelhouse he has nice footwork and can move well in space so he can block on the pull and in the second level.

Alfred Morris RB Florida Atlantic
Played fullback at the senior bowl and could do so on the skins. Big physical inside the tackles runner who can block and catch in the passing game. Ball security is an issue but I doubt he sees the ball very much from the fullback position.

Tom Compton T South Dakota
Compton is everything you look for in a LT physically and was an all American at South Dakota and a four year starter but he still needs to work on the technique of playing the position otherwise he’ll have real trouble with speed rushers at the next level.

Richard Crawford DB SMU
Not gonna lie I know nothing about him.

Jordan Berstine CB Iowa
Berstine is a physical type S from Iowa. He should be a monster on the special teams and has the ability to maybe be the primary backup at the safety position if he gets a roster spot. The guy has some good tackling ability if he doesn’t miss the play.

Washington at New Orleans
Washington at St. Louis
Cincinnati at Washington
Washington at Tampa Bay
Atlanta at Washington
Minnesota at Washington
Washington at N.Y. Giants
Washington at Pittsburgh
Carolina at Washington
Philadelphia at Washington
Washington at Dallas
N.Y. Giants at Washington
Baltimore at Washington
Washington at Cleveland
Washington at Philadelphia
Dallas at Washington

High end 10-6
Low End 6-10
Prediction 7-9, 8-8

I find it hard to believe that the difference between Rex Grossman and RGIII is only going to be one more win. But that is how it seems to be. The Redskins have a very under rated D but as long as Jackson is suspended there will be a hole in the deep 3rd. The offense should see a huge gain as they finally have a QB they can count on in RGIII who should be better than Grossman from jump street. The one question I have is in the interior offensive line. The Giants now have two very big DTs in Rodgers and Austin who will be able to man handle them in the interior. But just like every other team in this division the tale of the season is going to come and go with their divisional record. If they can split with those other three teams then they can get close to their potential playoff birth but I just don’t see that happening. The funny thing is if the Skins were in the NFC West they could possibly be in the hunt for that division but I think that the Skins are just one more year off.

For the Future? The future is bright for the Redskins now that they finally have a franchise signal caller and a budding offense to give some cushion to that strong defense. People may be calling for Shanahan’s job at the end of the season but I’d suggest that they give it two more years and they will be rewarded with a long term playoff team. IF RGIII pans out they won’t be picking in the top 10 again for a very long time.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote