Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-03-2012, 05:17 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why did walt bring the ricin when he met lydia? was he gonna use it on her if not for her czech republic scheme?
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:52 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you think he just randomly dropped by jesse's to give him a **** ton of cash?

but will the ricin be in the vial to **** with Jesse or will it be on the money in an attempt to kill him :)

Last edited by fenikz : 09-03-2012 at 08:08 AM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:22 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as acting, direction, and all of that good stuff, this is one of my favorite episodes. The crystal blue persuasion scene was really, really good.

I just don't care for the story that much. It's like they had different writers outline the major plot points, then got the old guys to fill in the blanks with the individual scenes. Cause while each scene by itself is still Breaking Bad level great, the story that connects those scenes just does nothing at all for me this season.

I normally really dislike when people use this line, but I really want to love it. I dont at all like being the one asshole who comes in here every week to complain, but something about this season just isnt doing it for me, and I cant explain it properly enough to have it not come off as me just complaining to complain. Im just not emotionally involved in these episodes. Whereas a lot of the old stuff gave me this awesome rush (or gave me a feeling of being punched in the gut, depending on the scene), I sort sort of sit through these eps now without feeling much of anything, other than appreciation for the quality of the acting and all of that, as I mentioned earlier.

Im totally fine with Hank finding out like that though.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

Last edited by comahan : 09-03-2012 at 08:40 AM.
comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:48 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:53 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Inspired by the fenikz post, here are my updated 25 favorite Breaking Bad moments. Didnt have to change it much, only two scenes from s5 made it.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Technically legally speaking wouldn't Skyler be JUST as guilty as Walt? She helped him launder his money and keep his secret.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
The painting in the motel room was the other.
Didn't that painting appear at some other point in the series? I know I've seen it somewhere. Walt was talking about the father in the painting rowing away from his family or something. Perhaps seeing that reminded Walt that the original purpose for doing all of this is his family, and he's allowing his business to destroy his family

Last edited by falloutboy14 : 09-03-2012 at 10:01 AM.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great episode, seemed like kind of a cop-out to me.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
Didn't that painting appear at some other point in the series? I know I've seen it somewhere. Walt was talking about the father in the painting rowing away from his family or something. Perhaps seeing that reminded Walt that the original purpose for doing all of this is his family, and he's allowing his business to destroy his family
The hospital.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Regardless of my feelings of the first half of the season, I cant help but be really excited for the rest. Doesnt really matter how we got to this point, the fact is that we're at it, and its what the show has been building up toward the entire time. Cant wait to see how they plan on closing it out.

...next year.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
lol I was about to say... "Didn't they say it was three months?" lol
It's been 3 months since they left the kids with Hank and Marie. Undisclosed amount of time passed in this last episode.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesse using again makes me sad.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Jesse using again makes me sad.
It was just a bong, man.

I wasn't a big fan of most of this first half of the season. Walt was way out of character for 90% of it. Then he finally acted like Walt would act in this last episode.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Saw on another forum, not sure if it was mentioned here. Anyways, in the scene with Todd's uncle, the uncle says "Taking out all of these guys is doable, but hittin em in three separate jails all within two minutes? I mean, whackin Bin Laden wasnt this complicated!"

Throwaway line, for sure, and not at all something I should be this annoyed by, but Bin Laden is 2ish years from being dead in the Breaking Bad timeline, as theyre somewhere in 2009 right now.

Just seems really out of character for this show to make that sort of mistake, unless of course, the shows timeline began in like 2011 for some reason, instead of 2008 when the pilot aired. Like I said, its nothing really, but considering the reputation that Breaking Bad has for being super thorough and all that, its weird that something like this slipped by.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
As far as acting, direction, and all of that good stuff, this is one of my favorite episodes. The crystal blue persuasion scene was really, really good.

I just don't care for the story that much. It's like they had different writers outline the major plot points, then got the old guys to fill in the blanks with the individual scenes. Cause while each scene by itself is still Breaking Bad level great, the story that connects those scenes just does nothing at all for me this season.

I normally really dislike when people use this line, but I really want to love it. I dont at all like being the one asshole who comes in here every week to complain, but something about this season just isnt doing it for me, and I cant explain it properly enough to have it not come off as me just complaining to complain. Im just not emotionally involved in these episodes. Whereas a lot of the old stuff gave me this awesome rush (or gave me a feeling of being punched in the gut, depending on the scene), I sort sort of sit through these eps now without feeling much of anything, other than appreciation for the quality of the acting and all of that, as I mentioned earlier.

Im totally fine with Hank finding out like that though.
To me, this season seems less focused on the personal and psychological aspects of the characters and more on simply moving the plot along. Obviously the personal element is not gone at all, the dinner scene was a perfect example of that. But it overall seems less emphasized. For instance, the murder of a kid had much less of an impact on the characters than I expected. I know Walt is supposed to be a monster at this point, but although we know Jesse cares, we don't see enough of him to see how it really affects him. Maybe I am simply forgetting, but outside of that immediate scene in the next episode where they discussed what to do and two Jesse/Walt interactions, they haven't mentioned the fact that they murdered an innocent child.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
wojo
Rookie

wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.

walt starred at that same painting while he was in the hospital after his fugue state.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I was really worried that someone was going to shoot Walt jr or something in retaliation of Walt just being done in that last scene.
Ya, I was thinking something bad was going to happen to one of the kids that whole scene.

And next summer? What the hell am I going to do till then?

Old 09-03-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate those big ass sunglasses girls be wearing!
Old 09-03-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry* double post

Last edited by Shiver : 09-03-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I rewatched Season 3, Episode 6 for clues and what I found was that Gale recites Walt Whitman to Walt after a cook. The very next scene shows Walt reading Leaves of Grass (obviously given to him by Gale now) and he receives a call from Hank. Hank then tells him that he's about to bust Jesse, he brings up the fugue state, the RV and Meth. This prompts Walt to try and destroy the RV and they are memorably almost caught in this instance.

To me, the fact that the book is so clearly included in a scene where Walt is nearly discovered by Hank along with the discussion of "WW" in Season 4 show that the writers clearly intended for this to be the way Walt is discovered all along.

The only issues that I had with this episode and this season overall is the pacing, which was very fast. To me the turnaround Walt went through when he decided to get out of the business was too fast. Through inference I know why (the cancer is clearly back, the stack of money, missing his family, etc.), but it would have been nice to see a more fleshed out transition.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shiver...........

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I rewatched Season 3, Episode 6 for clues and what I found was that Gale recites Walt Whitman to Walt after a cook. The very next scene shows Walt reading Leaves of Grass (obviously given to him by Gale now) and he receives a call from Hank. Hank then tells him that he's about to bust Jesse, he brings up the fugue state, the RV and Meth. This prompts Walt to try and destroy the RV and they are memorably almost caught in this instance.

To me, the fact that the book is so clearly included in a scene where Walt is nearly discovered by Hank along with the discussion of "WW" in Season 4 show that the writers clearly intended for this to be the way Walt is discovered all along.

The only issues that I had with this episode and this season overall is the pacing, which was very fast. To me the turnaround Walt went through when he decided to get out of the business was too fast. Through inference I know why (the cancer is clearly back, the stack of money, missing his family, etc.), but it would have been nice to see a more fleshed out transition.
Agree completely. Pacing is too accelerated this season for a show that already doesn't wait around as things develop slowly.

If I had time, I'd love to go back and re-watch all of Breaking Bad again before the final 8 episodes.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watch one episode a week until it comes back. You have plenty of time.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote