Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-04-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
anyone got any whey protein powder recommendation that doesn't taste too bad
Go with: http://www.truenutrition.com/p-1019-...b-eggmilk.aspx in Orange Cream. I know, I know.....fruit flavors usually suck. You will not be disappointed. It's amazing.

Use this code and get 5% off: DKT737
Old 09-04-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sick of my females situation...My life for the time being...beard growing, working, and working out. That's pretty much it. haha. Rocky 4 style.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was looking for something more strawberry but I might give it a go rob

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I was looking for something more strawberry but I might give it a go rob
strawberries and cream is also excellent.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been lazy when it comes to working out...but I just started up again on the 1st. Been going well, I'm already in good shape, havent lost much, just cutting a bit now, and really amping up the cardio to go along with the lifting. Ran 22 miles over the course of the week, and I'm loving it. It wont take long to really lean out at this pace...however...my neighbors, have been complaining at my treadmill use. It's loud as hell, I guess, and I like to keep it on 9.0/9.5 which equates to a sub 7 mile. At the beginning at least, say the first two miles, because I cant maintain that over say 4-5. Not a strength of mine.

But yeah, idk what I'm gonna do now. Instead of running tomorrow, probably gonna look to get some basketball in, in some layers. I'm feeling good, tho. The initial soreness of starting up again was horrible, but subsiding...and I'm feeling dedicated. The diet I still have to straighten out a bit, because I still have these urges to eat bad foods and have snuck a few bad things here and there, but once I get it down...I'll be golden.

I think I'll stick to my own thing for this next week, and then maybe mix in two weeks of P90X again, and what not. Switch it up. I kind of want to buy a bike, too. I really need a good distraction from ****, so this is where I'm headed...it's good, tho...I'm enjoying it. Wish I didnt get tired, or fear of overtraining, otherwise I'd be pretty unstoppable. haha. Just work out all the got damn time. But yeah, give me a month and a half, two months, and their wont be an ounce of fat on me, assuming...I eat correctly. I could still use better habits, I'll probably be exhausted all the time, with the cutting, but I want to get to a certain point.

Goals: Grow Beard, No Girls, Eat right, Workout. Boom September. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-10-2012 at 12:46 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
SRK85
Rookie

SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I finally went to the gym twice last week. It feels good to lift weights again. I haven't been lifting in like 5 years. Any advice what supplements to use. I currently am using BSN syntha 6 chocolate milkshake(tastes really good), and Metrx protein plus chocolate fudge immediately after a workout. Then for a late snack I eat 2x protein greek yogurt and I take ZMA right before bed.

Go Bucs, Josh Freeman is a beast!
SRK85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Simply Keak
Rookie

Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If yall are tired of the farts/gas that Whey protein gives u, switch over to Hemp protein. Much easier to digest and is healthier overall. Doesn't taste AS GOOD, but u won't feel like a sloth after drinking it.
Simply Keak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK85 View Post
I finally went to the gym twice last week. It feels good to lift weights again. I haven't been lifting in like 5 years. Any advice what supplements to use. I currently am using BSN syntha 6 chocolate milkshake(tastes really good), and Metrx protein plus chocolate fudge immediately after a workout. Then for a late snack I eat 2x protein greek yogurt and I take ZMA right before bed.
Just multivitamin, fish oil, and protein really.....nothing else is really needed. If you felt the need to include something else, I'd say creatine is the best of the rest. Btw, just so you know, dairy products **** up zinc absorption, so make sure you take the ZMA ~1 hour before you eat your pre bed meal of yogurt. Doing it the other way around doesn't work as the casein protein in the yogurt will take ~6 hours to digest.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely take creatine. It's tremendously beneficial and dirt cheap.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:02 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eat good quality grass fed beef. Lots of protein and creatine. Tastes good too.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:07 AM    (permalink
Simply Keak
Rookie

Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also, start your day with a kale shake. got it from joe rogan. ever since ive done this I've had double the energy I normally do at the gym. i wake up and the first thing I do is chug a shake. you guys should try it at least once and tell me it doesn't change your life.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:04 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Keak View Post
also, start your day with a kale shake. got it from joe rogan. ever since ive done this I've had double the energy I normally do at the gym. i wake up and the first thing I do is chug a shake. you guys should try it at least once and tell me it doesn't change your life.
Thanks man...just watched that youtube vid from Rogan. I am going to try it out.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:20 AM    (permalink
Simply Keak
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Thanks man...just watched that youtube vid from Rogan. I am going to try it out.
let me know how it goes. you're getting all your fruits/veggie intake you need for the entire day right when you wake up so you couldn't start your day any better. first day I drank it I noticed I was literally trying to get myself tired on the treadmill and couldn't. also got stronger as the workout went on instead of the the opposite. trader joes sells organic kale for like $2.50. I just throw in a piece of ginger, cucumber, 1 cup almond milk 1 cup coconut water, a banana and a couple frozen fruits (pineapple bits n mangos) and it tastes great.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:59 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Keak View Post
let me know how it goes. you're getting all your fruits/veggie intake you need for the entire day right when you wake up so you couldn't start your day any better. first day I drank it I noticed I was literally trying to get myself tired on the treadmill and couldn't. also got stronger as the workout went on instead of the the opposite. trader joes sells organic kale for like $2.50. I just throw in a piece of ginger, cucumber, 1 cup almond milk 1 cup coconut water, a banana and a couple frozen fruits (pineapple bits n mangos) and it tastes great.
Thanks bro...i remember you loved MJD and Mike Hass back in the day.

Does this stuff make you shitt good? That's what Joe Rogan said...makes it come out without any strain...lol
Old 09-12-2012, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Simply Keak
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Thanks bro...i remember you loved MJD and Mike Hass back in the day.

Does this stuff make you shitt good? That's what Joe Rogan said...makes it come out without any strain...lol
MJD of course but Mike Hass absolutely not ... dude could play the position but didn't have the genetics for the NFL.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:12 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I was never much of a long distance runner...asthma and shin splints always a problem. But I've been going hard at it for weeks, getting better at this ****. Ran 5 miles in 40 minutes today. So maintaining an 8 minute mile over 5 miles is just fantastic for me. Fairly average, but I used to struggle majorly with distance running. I've always hated it too...I was always addicted to the weight room growing up, this is a nice change of pace. And add in the lifting and I'm gonna be in some of the best shape of my life, if I keep at it. Feeling good about this, right now. Still very motivated.

Doing so much cardio/running started more so, because it's a quick way to really shed body fat. But I enjoy the challenge of trying to top my times now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-18-2012, 02:07 AM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm gonna try this kale nonsense as well. will let ya know how it goes.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:40 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

nvm...i asked about insanity awhile back

Last edited by SolidGold : 09-18-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I've gotten myself into a pretty good groove of doing 1/2 hour of jump rope 5 days a week after work. Next week I'm going to attempt some 2-a-days, waking up to lift 3x a week before work. It'll be brutal, but I think I'll get used to it if I suck it up for the first couple weeks.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Back to working out with weights regularly and my strength is going up to where its never been before but I lack serious cardio. I can attribute my strength gains to a proper diet and the addition of greek yogurt to my protein shakes. Only supps I take are jack3d and ON whey. Most importantly, consistency.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Simply Keak
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotMyJob View Post
i'm gonna try this kale nonsense as well. will let ya know how it goes.
let me know when you notice the change .. cuz you will.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished up the Zombie 5K Mud Run this morning in Reading, PA. Had a blast!

El Capitan!

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Diggin the shirt...I have one myself. Love it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-01-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First day off the cut today. Felt amazing. Gradual build up in calories for the next 2 weeks, and then it's back to bulking time. Cannot wait.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Putting the diet on hold for the weekend...it just kind of happened. Hopefully this isnt the beginning of the end. I've been killing it all September. Looking pretty shredded, until I ruin it with my chinese food and french fries right now. On top of the burgers and hot dogs i had yesterday.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS