Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-05-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
Corey webster is not going to be able to handle dez 1 on 1 and michael coe is gonna be overmatched against austin or dez, if we can get 3 or 4 yards on first down we can make plays against the giants defense b/c other than their pass rush there not much else to right home about on the nyg defense
You guys have only 1 proven corner also and it's his first year in the defense. Both teams might have trouble with the pass tonight.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Cochart was released and Dunbar moved to the 53 man roster. Interesting to see if Dez returns punts in this game or if one of the young guys will take over.

edit: I don't know what these means for Witten's status or if the team is comfortable running just 2 TE's. I hope they hold Jason out, I'd hate to see him take a shot and be out for the season.
I'd sit Witten for the first 2 weeks to be safe.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
You guys have only 1 proven corner also and it's his first year in the defense. Both teams might have trouble with the pass tonight.
I agree, it is impossible to say what either team can do. Its a brand new season with brand new parts. Miles and Nicks are both banged up so who knows how much of an impact either will have. Claiborne has looked nice but he is a rookie and could get caught sleeping on the big stage. We basically have a brand new o-line, the G-men have a banged up interior d-line/secondary. Just too many factors that no one will get answers to until the game starts.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree, it is impossible to say what either team can do. Its a brand new season with brand new parts. Miles and Nicks are both banged up so who knows how much of an impact either will have. Claiborne has looked nice but he is a rookie and could get caught sleeping on the big stage. We basically have a brand new o-line, the G-men have a banged up interior d-line/secondary. Just too many factors that no one will get answers to until the game starts.
Yup exactly. Thankfully the rain should be all cleared by the time the game starts.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just gonna cheer and hope for the best. Not even gonna be mad at anyone making mistakes. There will be growing pains for this OL and tonight I fear for our backfield, but let's see if they can hold their own.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Just gonna cheer and hope for the best. Not even gonna be mad at anyone making mistakes. There will be growing pains for this OL and tonight I fear for our backfield, but let's see if they can hold their own.
C'mon now. You know you cannot just sit back and not get mad at anything.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
C'mon now. You know you cannot just sit back and not get mad at anything.
Nah, I'll be happy ALL GAME LONG cause the Cowboys goin' be WHOOPIN' some Giant @$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Nah, I'll be happy ALL GAME LONG cause the Cowboys goin' be WHOOPIN' some Giant @$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's the spirit!!!

Old 09-05-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is the team afraid to let Harris return punts? That was a big reason I wanted him on the team. Maybe Thule should bring up my post from when I got upset about him getting cut last year lol. He should be returning punts primarily, and manning the slot. If I see Dez return a punt tonight, that isn't in a, 2 minutes left in the game type of situation then I'm going to lose it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Why is the team afraid to let Harris return punts? That was a big reason I wanted him on the team. Maybe Thule should bring up my post from when I got upset about him getting cut last year lol. He should be returning punts primarily, and manning the slot. If I see Dez return a punt tonight, that isn't in a, 2 minutes left in the game type of situation then I'm going to lose it.
I've been saying since last year that Harris is on the verge of busting a few of these big time.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I love Harris in the slot and I want him to be our #3 WR over all the other chumps we got. Romo thinks he needs to improve in the mental aspect of the game though, so it sounds like it's on Harris to get there.

As for him returning kicks... he was given lots of chances to do it in both preseasons he's had with us. He hasn't been as dynamic as I had hoped. Dez is electric. As long as the game is in striking distance for the Giants to win, I'm putting Dez out there. We can't baby him due to worries about injury. WE NEED THIS GAME. It'll set the tone for the rest of the season.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

O-line hasn't played 1 game together. Rookie Corner. New Safety with deep ball issues. On the road vs the defending champs. My heart says Cowboys 27-20. My head says Giants. Hope my heart wins out!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I love Harris in the slot and I want him to be our #3 WR over all the other chumps we got. Romo thinks he needs to improve in the mental aspect of the game though, so it sounds like it's on Harris to get there.

As for him returning kicks... he was given lots of chances to do it in both preseasons he's had with us. He hasn't been as dynamic as I had hoped. Dez is electric. As long as the game is in striking distance for the Giants to win, I'm putting Dez out there. We can't baby him due to worries about injury. WE NEED THIS GAME. It'll set the tone for the rest of the season.
He really showed some nice things in the preseason and I think he would be "ok" filling in the X or Z in a pinch. As for the slot, I'm not sure he has a feel for the nuances like squatting in zone coverage or reading the D on hot routes. On the plus side he has good hands and can snatch the ball in tight coverage.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
O-line hasn't played 1 game together. Rookie Corner. New Safety with deep ball issues. On the road vs the defending champs. My heart says Cowboys 27-20. My head says Giants. Hope my heart wins out!
My faith is in Vickers/Murray helping to create long sustained drives to keep Eli off the field and the rushers off Romo.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
My faith is in Vickers/Murray helping to create long sustained drives to keep Eli off the field and the rushers off Romo.
I love Vickers, but we need the OL to do their jobs in order for that to happen.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I don't want to baby him either, but I mean as things stand he's our #1 WR and of vital importance, the chance of a big play isn't worth it IMO. And Harris is at least reliable back there, that's why I loved the pick. He's a natural punt returner, you don't ever have to hold your breath for him to drop the ball or fumble, and he gets what is there for him to get, just not going to be able to run backwards, catch it over his head at the 20 and house it lol.

Dez needs to focus on playing WR this year for 4 quarters. We haven't seen that Dez Bryant yet, I saw what that quad injury did to him so any minor injury to him, combined with an Austin hamstring pull, puts us in the toilet.

I think the key for our entire team is the offensive line anyway. Romo has looked amazing, if he has time he's going to keep us in the game until late, but if I had my preference I'd prefer a 4th quarter comeback playing aggressive vs holding a lead playing passive. We don't know how to play with the lead at all.

Quote:
Old 09-05-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I don't want to baby him either, but I mean as things stand he's our #1 WR and of vital importance, the chance of a big play isn't worth it IMO. And Harris is at least reliable back there, that's why I loved the pick. He's a natural punt returner, you don't ever have to hold your breath for him to drop the ball or fumble, and he gets what is there for him to get, just not going to be able to run backwards, catch it over his head at the 20 and house it lol.

Dez needs to focus on playing WR this year for 4 quarters. We haven't seen that Dez Bryant yet, I saw what that quad injury did to him so any minor injury to him, combined with an Austin hamstring pull, puts us in the toilet.

I think the key for our entire team is the offensive line anyway. Romo has looked amazing, if he has time he's going to keep us in the game until late, but if I had my preference I'd prefer a 4th quarter comeback playing aggressive vs holding a lead playing passive. We don't know how to play with the lead at all.
Holding a 4th quarter lead is all about the OL. So it's scary for us unless they come together.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
Jason Witten is playing for Cowboys, per sources. Cleared by doctors. # NFL32

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 09-05-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just saw that, honestly I really hope he's not rushing out there. You rupture your spleen and not only do you ruin/end your season, theres gunna be some lifetime circumstances

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Witten is a man's man. He's active, but I have a feeling he might be used sparingly and not taking every offensive snap like he normally does.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I'm getting off work early!!! WOoooohooO!!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Witten is a man's man. He's active, but I have a feeling he might be used sparingly and not taking every offensive snap like he normally does.
Well of course, he's a well respected player for that. Which is why I hope the doctors are clearing him because they feel he is capable and not because they feel like he could go (I'm sure they feel some pressure from JJ) but that it's not the greatest idea

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Well D, it's here and Bruce Carter is our starter :) Hopefully he impresses you tonight!

Quote:
Old 09-05-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mack can't be making #73 look like that!

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

O-line