Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-15-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Giants sign QB Anthony Wright, DT Marcus Bell, CB Micheal Stone

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/14/sp...=1&oref=slogin

Giants Add Backup for Manning

Article Tools Sponsored By
By THE NEW YORK TIMES
Published: April 14, 2007

After two seasons of backing up Eli Manning with a pair of inexperienced quarterbacks, the Giants have added a passer with more comprehensive credentials.

Anthony Wright, 31, who started 19 games for the Dallas Cowboys and the Baltimore Ravens, has agreed to a two-year contract, instantly turning Manning’s backup into one of the intriguing position tussles during training camp.

In eight seasons, Wright has completed 331 of 598 passes for 3,578 yards, with 20 touchdowns and 25 interceptions. Wright appeared in four games with Cincinnati last season as a backup to Carson Palmer. He played the previous four seasons with the Ravens, starting seven games in both 2003 and 2005. Wright played for Dallas in 2000 and 2001.

Tim Hasselbeck served as Manning’s backup in 2005, with Jared Lorenzen on the third team. The two flopped positions in 2006. Hasselbeck, 29, has started five games in five seasons, all with Washington in 2003. He has not thrown an N.F.L. pass since. Lorenzen, 26, has never thrown an N.F.L. pass.

The Giants also signed defensive tackle Marcus Bell and defensive back Michael Stone. Bell, a fourth-round selection of Arizona in 2001, appeared in 86 games for the Cardinals and the Detroit Lions. He started seven times last year, and could vie for a starting position.

Stone, Arizona’s second-round pick in 2001, has played mostly on special teams and as a reserve.

The Giants met with the former Lions receiver Charles Rogers yesterday. Rogers was the second overall pick in the 2003 draft, but has played only 15 games and was out of football last season.

I have mixed feelings on these moves

Marcus Bell is a pretty solid pickup to add a nice DT to the mix. I like this one.

Other then that though, garbage. Anthony Wright sucks hard. He is a complete waste of money and if he is our backup QB, I am gonna be pissed. He is terrible. Hefty Lefty deserves to be the backup imo. If we were gonna sign an expierenced player, it should have been someone who actually has started and can tell Eli a thing or 2.

Micheal Stone is also garbage. He's probably gonna get cut so w/e
Old 04-15-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we knew all this like a week ago but i think bell is a great signing, wright i feel is a good signing too. would u rather have hasselbeck backing up eli, who has shown nothing or a guy who has at least played well in the games he did play and is a good career backup?

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not a good career backup though.... He sucks.

I dont know why we cant pick up a guy such as Tim Rattay who could actually be decent. And what is Wright gonna mentor Eli on? throwing interceptions or fumbling the ball? He fumbles constantly. At least once a game.

Hopefully we cut Wright before the season. I would rather have Hasselback cause he can at least not blow the game. But J-Load should get the nod as our #2 QB.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea but GRF, as much as i like J-Load, whats he gonna teach him? how to eat a whole buffet table? or maybe hasslebeck can teach him how to handle bouncing from team to team. We need a vet who's started and has experience, hence Wright
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
He's not a good career backup though.... He sucks.

I dont know why we cant pick up a guy such as Tim Rattay who could actually be decent. And what is Wright gonna mentor Eli on? throwing interceptions or fumbling the ball? He fumbles constantly. At least once a game.

Hopefully we cut Wright before the season. I would rather have Hasselback cause he can at least not blow the game. But J-Load should get the nod as our #2 QB.
ok giant rutgers fan, i would like to hear some legitimate reason why u do not like anthony wright. to me personally i feel like u just dislike certain players therefore they r not good. he is not a starting QB, that is obvious nor will he ever be but hes been around the league for 9 years on 3 different teams. when kyle boller got injured for the ravens a couple of years ago he stepped up and played decently well.
In this year 2003: he had 9 tds compared to 8 ints (which is not fantastic but its ok) he threw for 1200 yards, hes good at running the ball which is a factor at the QB position which we dont have.

sig by jkpigskin

Old 04-15-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tim Rattay should never be called decent, I don't like Wright, but Rattay would be an even worse fit for us.

What does the Wright signing really tell us?

The Giants are telling J-Load, "hey we like you, but your gonna still have to beat someone out to stay the #2"
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
yea but GRF, as much as i like J-Load, whats he gonna teach him? how to eat a whole buffet table? or maybe hasslebeck can teach him how to handle bouncing from team to team. We need a vet who's started and has experience, hence Wright
I think Hasselbeck will teach J-Load how to meet and marry one of the most annoying women in the US.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depth but not difference makers

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well really, J-Load could teach eli to eat more, bulk him up and give him some of the "extra padding" J-Load has to brace hits
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

Eli knows more about football then some dude who played poorly in 20 games over 9 years.

We should have signed tuasopopopopopopo before the Jets did if you guys dont like Rattay.

Or what about Jim Sorgi before the Colts re-signed him. he's pretty good. I would say Aaron Brooks if were not serious about J-Load
Old 04-16-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Eli knows more about football then some dude who played poorly in 20 games over 9 years.

We should have signed tuasopopopopopopo before the Jets did if you guys dont like Rattay.

Or what about Jim Sorgi before the Colts re-signed him. he's pretty good. I would say Aaron Brooks if were not serious about J-Load
Tiasopoo sucks. Why would you even want him?
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:

dude- jim sorgi has basically never played a game because peyton is never injured. aaron brooks? ya well he blows and he showed it last year. Tuiasosopo couldnt even beat out andrew walter for the starting job when brooks went down last year. Wright did win with the ravens and is a good backup.

sig by jkpigskin