Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-05-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's a lot to like about that game. Murray really shined. All three receivers looked very good, and the young guys on defense have a good look to them in Carter, Claiborne, and even Church to an extent.

But....and it's a huge but. Penalties. They gotta really get it together. That's holding this team back big time. Imagine if they cut the penalties in half!

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
Good win by you guys, I thought Ogletree looked good in PS, but the big difference was those two corners.
The difference was Cruz dropping those balls, could have been a different game.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did the o line set a record for most penalties in a game, haha. The d was awesome, the giants weren't on their A game, but it was about time we caught a break on that one. Awesome win, if the o line can come together, we could have a great year.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
dezsucks (Bob)
Rookie

dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My thoughts

1) Good win
2) Passing game looked good
3) Running game improved once Red decided to slant the O linemen and get them moving their feet horizontally
4) Red was upset about the pre-snap penalties (and I agree) but I felt most of the holds called were horrid and the hands to the face was good awful (given the GMen DL had two guys on the same play doing it).
5) REFs took center stage, NFL needs to fix that, they turned into the 12th man.
6) DeMarco looked good once he was allowed to do cut back runs
7) Pass Rush disappeared in the first half.

Last edited by dezsucks (Bob) : 09-05-2012 at 11:21 PM.
dezsucks (Bob) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:15 PM    (permalink
DanZilla
Rookie

DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good win. I was at the last game of the season last year when we lost and I am so happy to be able to get revenge in Metlife stadium. It brings closure to last season, ha.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezbryant View Post
My thoughts

1) Good win
2) Passing game looked good
3) Running game improved once Red decided to slant the O linemen and get them moving their fee laterally
4) Red was upset about the pre-snap penalties (and I agree) but I felt most of the holds called were horrid and the hands to the face was good awful (given the GMen DL had two guys on the same play doing it).
5) REFs took center stage, NFL needs to fix that, they turned into the 12th man.
6) DeMarco looked good once he was allowed to do cut back runs
7) Pass Rush disappeared in the first half.
Bob? Is that you?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:20 PM    (permalink
dezsucks (Bob)
Rookie

dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Bob? Is that you?
My name is Robert.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
The difference was Cruz dropping those balls, could have been a different game.
Difference in the game was demarco murray the way he ran the ball in the second half took the life out of their pass rush
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:08 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
Difference in the game was demarco murray the way he ran the ball in the second half took the life out of their pass rush
Love it. I'm long sold on Murray, having that aspect makes a big difference. Our CB's make the entire defense look good. And how about Bruce Carter? What a 1st game for the 2nd round pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the scouting dept deserves some credit for going out and getting Cook. I could only imagine how much worse the line would have looked with Arkin at center =x
Old 09-06-2012, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Love it. I'm long sold on Murray, having that aspect makes a big difference. Our CB's make the entire defense look good. And how about Bruce Carter? What a 1st game for the 2nd round pick.
Brent looked like a man down in the trenches... I was really impressed by the push he was able to get in the middle. He did a lot to free up Carter and Lee to clean up.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm honestly glad he got to start because I have always seen some flashes out of Josh Brent and that looks like a steal 7th round supp pick. He's a keeper and a starter in this league and gives us more of a prototype look. I can only hope and pray we leave him there and let Ratliff start to see more snaps at DE.

Quote:
Old 09-06-2012, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

It would be impossible to double Rat at DE unless you wanted Brent to cave in the pocket and have Ware take the QB's head off. Don't know why they are so reluctant especially considering the beating Jay takes in the middle.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:57 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Bob? Is that you?
Sure enough. It is.

I updated his username to reflect that. ...and since the fake email he used to sign up was dezsucks@rocketmail.com I figured that his name should change to that too.

Last edited by D-Unit : 09-06-2012 at 02:58 AM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:03 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanZilla View Post
Good win. I was at the last game of the season last year when we lost and I am so happy to be able to get revenge in Metlife stadium. It brings closure to last season, ha.
Hey DeCrunkMAn! I remember you! Good to see you back posting.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:44 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol D.

I'm still amped, it was a solid win. The D looks completely different with the additions of Carr and Mo. Carr did make a couple of bad decisions, however. Leading to two big gainers...but he's one guy I'm not worried about at all. And Bruce looked great...Sean Lee, D-Ware...exceptional.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:52 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats on the victory guys. It was well deserved, you were the better team out there last night. Romo impressed me a lot, looked fantastic throughout. And your CB tandem showed signs of promise. Don't think I've seen a Cowboy coverage sack against the Giants on third down for as long as I've been a fan, but last night you got at least one!

Good luck the rest of the season, hope you end up as a wildcard behind the Giants :)

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:52 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey everybody! Long time, no see!
Well it feels great to start the season this way :)

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:01 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Romo looked good last night - the emergence of Ogeltree was huge, Murray has arrived as a very solid and reliable weapon. Once Witten finds his stride you guys will have alot of very solid playmakers all around as long as Dez keeps his head out of his ass.

The defense looked solid too - Carr and Claiborne are going to be a nice combo of CBs. I was impressed. I hope you guys win the East.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:49 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Hey everybody! Long time, no see!
Well it feels great to start the season this way :)
Welcome back man! And thanks BigBlueNorwegian.

I agree major props to Claiborne. Nicks may have been a little less then 100% but for a rookie he did more then hold his own, they let him do a ton of press man and got up in his face and put his hands on him and hassled him all night. No big plays, I was surprised he got the assignment of Nicks but man did he impress.

Quote:
Old 09-06-2012, 08:33 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats guys! Good win last night. Good luck next week.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Team Won!
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game guys. Well earned, the Cowboys outplayed us and deserved that win.

Here's to a healthy season.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
dezsucks (Bob)
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
Congrats on the victory guys. It was well deserved, you were the better team out there last night. Romo impressed me a lot, looked fantastic throughout. And your CB tandem showed signs of promise. Don't think I've seen a Cowboy coverage sack against the Giants on third down for as long as I've been a fan, but last night you got at least one!

Good luck the rest of the season, hope you end up as a wildcard behind the Giants :)
^^^^ This thought

Only concerning thing was the tackling by the Rookie on the running plays to his side.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Just think for a minute about our Corners and ILB's from a few years ago, to today. They are worlds apart. Not only as just far better players, but the speed and athleticism they have gives you a lot more flexibility in how agressive you can be. Watching both positions last night was refreshing to say the least.

And what do you know, when those 2 things get to clicking, all of a sudden our Safety play doesn't appear to suck anymore.

Quote: