Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 08-29-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonna be some tough cuts this year, i dont usually care too much about players until they make the team, but there is at least 7 or 8 players i like that will probably get cut. Especially fond of; Robison, Golden, Lee and Jerod Johnson. I'm guessing they will all be targets for the practice squad, not sure they would all clear waivers though :(
Old 08-29-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I've read 2 different things about Charlie Batch.
One saying he might get cut to make room for other positions and might not play a snap this next game. (steelerdepot)
The other says Tomlin plans on giving Batch a lot of snaps tomorrow.(postgazette)
Should we care? Will letting Batch go enable us to save one of the young guys who might get released: Robinson, Woods, Lee, Cromartie, Bryant?

I read that were gonna keep Paulson at least til Saunders comes back from suspension.

Seems like we're in a position where we have to make some strategic cuts this year cuz of injuries/depth and avoiding IR?

I dont mind losing Batch, but I am scared of only carrying 4 receivers, guess Rainey counts as one, but seems crazy.

For sure we're keeping 4 rbs right? Mendy, Redman, Dwyer, Rainey.

And whats up with Cromartie-Smith,why hasnt he been able to crack a spot in our pretty weak back up safety position yet? Hes gotta be better than W.Allen right?

Bryant vs. Woods is epic. Both saw a lot of camera time this preseason. Performance tomorrow will dictate who stays.

I am stoked on McClendon cuz it seems TaAmu has a ways to go.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spence really ****** up his knee, out for the season supposedly. Two torn ligaments, including ACL, and a dislocated kneecap. Brutal preseason for us.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:45 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Connors lookin good now.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:12 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, it looks like our 2012 draft class won't be making an immediate impact like we all would have hoped.

1) David DeCastro- Hurt in the third preseason game and will not likely be back until around Thanksgiving. Should finish up the year strong and back next year even stronger.

2) Mike Adams- Loved the pick in this spot and believe he will be a great LT, but learned he needs more time. His second year should prove to be a lot better.

3) Sean Spence- Was REALLY coming on and showed why the coaches loved him. That freak accident might derail his career for good. Sucks because I was really looking forward to him after being down on him during the time we selected him,

4) Alameda Ta'Amu- Very raw and needs a lot of work. Good thing Steve McClendon is looking as good as he is. Needs another year.

5) Chris Rainey- Stud in every sense of the word. He'll be a dynamic player for us offensively and on special teams. Can't wait to see him when the games matter.

7) Toney Clemons- Was the favorite to win the 5th WR job, but was very inconsistent and will probably either be heading to our PS or someone else's. I hope our's because I like his potential a lot.

7) David Paulson- Looks to make the team while Saunders is cut. Could be a nice little find for us in the later rounds. I like his receiving ability.

7) Terrance Frederick- Hasn't stood out or gotten beat too much. Could be the fifth CB, but I could see the Steelers upgrading him.

7) Kelvin Beachum- PS bound.

UDFAs Drew Butler, Robert Golden, and Adrian Robinson could all make splashes and the team this year, but Golden got hurt last night and might be headed to the PS and Robinson is still very raw. Long term, this draft and free agent crop can be VERY good, but the immediate return isn't as good as I expected it to be.

Ryan Lee is a sleeper to watch out for next training camp. I believe he gets his name on the depth chart. He's a nasty SOB.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to keep an edited list of players I wouldn't mind the Steelers claiming or putting on their PS.

*= PS

Greg Jones LB Giants
Bryan Kehl LB Redskins
Julian Posey CB Jets*
Ryan Steed CB Jets*
DJ Ware RB Giants
Larry Asante S Bucs
Keith Tandy CB/S Bucs*
Anthony Levine S Packers

Last edited by Hines : 08-31-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Hines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a huge Sean Spence fan I just wanted to say that I'm very disappointed that he got injured. While his role this season wouldn't have been large, the fact that this could severely impact his career has a more long-term impact. I truly hope he makes a full recovery. Just a fluke thing. The guy isn't the biggest, but he finds a way to make an impact and plays hard.

Very disappointing to say the least. Sorry boys.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

My boy Robert Golden tweeted that he made the 53 man roster. I think I should pat myself on the back for that one.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
As a huge Sean Spence fan I just wanted to say that I'm very disappointed that he got injured. While his role this season wouldn't have been large, the fact that this could severely impact his career has a more long-term impact. I truly hope he makes a full recovery. Just a fluke thing. The guy isn't the biggest, but he finds a way to make an impact and plays hard.

Very disappointing to say the least. Sorry boys.
Such a freak injury that I don't wish upon anyone. He was starting to come along greatly and I think could have made a nice little impact.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
My boy Robert Golden tweeted that he made the 53 man roster. I think I should pat myself on the back for that one.

SteelersDepot announced practice squad this morning and Goldens name wasn't on it?

-Ryan Lee
-Marshall Mcfadden
-Josh Victorian
-D. Cromartie-Smith
-David Gilreath
-Tony Clemons
-Jaime McCoy
-John Maleki
Old 09-01-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSteeler View Post
SteelersDepot announced practice squad this morning and Goldens name wasn't on it?

-Ryan Lee
-Marshall Mcfadden
-Josh Victorian
-D. Cromartie-Smith
-David Gilreath
-Tony Clemons
-Jaime McCoy
-John Maleki
That's because Golden made the team.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Rotoworld, LeGarrette Blount is on the trading block. I wouldn't mind getting him for a late pick, not a fast back, but I think he's better than Redman and is the kind of pounder at RB we like.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 09-02-2012, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
According to Rotoworld, LeGarrette Blount is on the trading block. I wouldn't mind getting him for a late pick, not a fast back, but I think he's better than Redman and is the kind of pounder at RB we like.
He is gonna cost more than that you cheapskate! Also the original link for that story is 'speculation that he might be on the trading block'. It's the same as me saying I think Player X is on the trading block and it being reported.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:08 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
He is gonna cost more than that you cheapskate! Also the original link for that story is 'speculation that he might be on the trading block'. It's the same as me saying I think Player X is on the trading block and it being reported.
Caddy <3!

Well thanks for ruining my dream :(

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 09-04-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would have liked to see ryan lee make the team over beachem...eh, whatever.

love seeing al woods on the final roster.

keeping 4 WRs confirms my thoughts of them keeping rainey as a 5th wr and 4th RB and return man. Stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Looks like the Steelers have signed DeMarcus Van Dyke. I like this signing. Not real physical, but fast as hell.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DVD, we were doing that bad at CB?
Old 09-10-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

Wow, that was bad!

We better have an amazing practice this week or we're in trouble.

Whatdya guys hear on the injury font, with Gilbert and Foster?
Adams looks so raw.

Where was Cortez' tackling ability last night?
Not a lot of pressure from the DL either?

What pissed me off most was it seemed like it was Bruce Arians calling plays all night! WTF?!

There were some bright spots in the night, but to me it looked like we were playing a pre season game. Unorganized and ill prepared.

Last edited by SCSteeler : 09-10-2012 at 03:14 PM. Reason: misspell
SCSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God damn we suck in the secondary still. No Ryan Clark makes Troy look averagish. Barely got a pass rush off.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Well, I thought yesterday was a far better game than Week 1. I still wish we had a better RB and run-blocking right now, but I guess the running game did enough.

Our receivers are awesome, Ike had a great game, we need a better pass-rush, and our D-Line is subpar right now, IMO.

Like that Heath has so far been much more heavily involved in the redzone, as he should be. He's one of two receivers on our team that are 6'5 or more (the other being Pope, Saunders will be the third when he comes back). He has two redzone RDs so far, could have easily been three (the one Ben underthrew Week 1).

I don't know what to think of Redman. On the one hand, I hate how he plods about without speed, but on the other he is one tough mofo to bring down. I love him as a short-yardage, goal line back, but he's pretty useless in the rest of the field. Same for Dwyer, but he's a better runner.

Foote has been surprisingly good so far. Timmons, not so much. I think he should go back to his original weight now that he's assumed Farrior's role (which I'm pretty sure he has). That extra weight to take on blockers isn't such a big issue now.

Can't wait until DeCastro is back, I wanna see him beasting at RG. Starks has been pretty good at LT, Colon at LG too, Legursky was a nightmare at RG.

I've liked the way the offense has been called. Execution has been severely lacking at times, but the calls have been good.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 09-18-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The run game sucks cause the running backs suck. Redman getting 1 yard is great when the balls on the 1, but that seems to be his limit anywhere on the field.

Can't wait till Mendy gets back, and I never thought I'd say that.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 09-18-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

our defense sucks

that is all

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Steelers need a pass rush and a corner. Keenan has looked to have taken a step back. I hope to see Robert Golden get some PT to see what they have in him.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Looks like we haven't found Harrison's replacement and our front 3 ain't all that great, anymore.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree with all above accept I don't think Lewis has taken a step back - I think this is just what he is - reminds me of Chad Scott - all the physical gifts just doesn't know what to do with them.
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote