Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-06-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dez was open numerous times in the 2nd half, look at how he was running his routes. The Giants game plan was to shut down Dez obviously, their #2 CB to start the game was Coe and he got injured, so it was all special teamers beyond that point. Why would we force the ball to Dez? I don't understand why he has to get 200 yards and 4 TD's per game to make some people happy.

In the 4th quarter there wasn't even any good reason to throw the ball towards Webster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 09-06-2012 at 05:04 PM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Week and a half to prepare.... We should be good to go.

When will we find out if Lynch is suspended or not? I thought it was for the first 2 games. Robert Turbin might beast mode though. I loved that guy in the draft!!!

Let's talk about Dez though. Bob says he disappeared once again in the 2nd half. Can we simply place the blame on Dez that easily though?

I think Romo is simply so comfortable in this offense that he can make all his reads and will throw to the open receiver. We all saw how Robinson excelled as a #3 WR last year because of the targets he got. But he got those targets for a reason. As teams focused heavily on Austin/Bryant, Robinson became a safety net for Romo. So Romo learned to depend on the routes that our #3 WR ran to the point where he became more comfortable throwing in the coverage Robinson drew than the coverage that Austin/Bryant drew.

Ogletree's performance yesterday is very telling. It's not that he's the most talented WR on the roster. ..and it's not the fact that Austin/Bryant aren't doing thier jobs. It's the fact that Romo is so comfortable with his 3rd read, that it's become a mental safety net for him and our #3 WR is getting a ton of targets.

What do you guys think? Am I just imagining things? I can't accept Bob's opinion that Dez disappeared in the second half because he's not a good WR.
Funny that he says Dez disappeared but says noyhing about his man crush Miles Austin. There is a reason Ogletree is open and its because Dez is getting all the attention. A buddy and I were texting last night wondering if Miles was even playing. He got a few in the 2nd half but I dont remember him in the game at all in the 1st half

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carr gave up a big play to Domenik Hixon because he mistimed his jump, but he kept Cruz from being a factor and backed up his offseason vow that there wouldn't be any salsa dancing on his watch. ("Told you," Carr said, cracking a huge smile and laughing. "Nah, just playing.")

Claiborne didn't look like a rookie corner. He held Hakeem Nicks, one of the NFL's most physically imposing receivers, to 38 yards on four receptions.

--------

According to numbers crunched by ESPN Stats and Information, Manning averaged 10.8 yards per attempt and threw for three touchdowns against Dallas blitzes last season, none of which accomplished the goal of sacking him.

The results of the Cowboys' 10 blitzes Wednesday night: three completions for 24 yards, four incompletions and three sacks.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...ew-york-giants
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is a huge stat. I don't think you can express how important it is to have 2 quality CBs on the outside.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins

Felix Jones has rib injury but he seems fine. He didn't get any carries.

Quote:
Felix Jones did not receive an offensive touch in the Cowboys' Week 1 victory over the Giants.

We believe Jones exited the game in the second or third quarter, although no injury has been announced.
He opened the game spelling DeMarco Murray on third downs and returned three kickoffs for a pedestrian average of 20 yards. Jones looks to have lost at least two steps.

Seriously, I lol'd after reading. wtf Felix? Has it gotten this bad with this guy? He can't even escape with getting bruised up on a handful of touches a game, that and he's lost all the burst that made him special.

I have no idea what happened here, but he is a complete joke right now. Rumors were that we almost put Dunbar on the 53 before the game, I'd keep an eye out for that sooner then later. Felix has a 1st round label attached to him, and that's the only reason he's hanging on to what minimal role he has at all right now.

Quote:
Old 09-06-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Felix has turned into a bum, but I still think he can do something with 5-8 carries a game. We need someone too, that's for sure. I'm not fully comfortable with the load that Murray gets.

Some concerns I had about yesterday:

1) Short yardage situation: our failed attempt on 4th down to get that half a yard was a sniff of the same **** from last year. I hope we learn from this. I give Callahan credit for bringing innovation, I didn't see that play in the playbook last season, but let's dig deeper.

2) Anthony Spencer: Not playing like a Franchise Tag DE/OLB. Surprise, surprise.

3) OL penalties were surprising high, and problems were expected... but Romo needs to make sure he's watching the play clock too! The Delay of Game penalties are unnacceptable for a veteran QB like him.

Some hopes I had from yesterday:

1) Garrett stuck to the run in the 4th quarter! No signs of panic with the lead. He did not call a predictable game... something he was criticized for in the past.

2) Dez is committed to team play. His downfield blocking was a great testament to his unselfishness and enthusiasm to do the little things. Yes, he collided with Murray, but the way I saw it, Murray ran into him.

3) Josh Brent held down the fort in the middle and freed up our LBs! Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about! He was extremely key on that goal line stance and the Cowboys were able to push back their running attack.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm rooting for Olawale as a developmental guy. I think he could turn into a good third down back if he learns how to pass protect. He has good size and as a former WR he should be an asset catching the ball. He showed in the preseason he has potential carrying the ball. As an added bonus he is learning the fullback position and Garrett values players cross trained at different positions.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
dezsucks (Bob)
Rookie

dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, Felix has turned into a bum, but I still think he can do something with 5-8 carries a game. We need someone too, that's for sure. I'm not fully comfortable with the load that Murray gets.

Some concerns I had about yesterday:

1) Short yardage situation: our failed attempt on 4th down to get that half a yard was a sniff of the same **** from last year. I hope we learn from this. I give Callahan credit for bringing innovation, I didn't see that play in the playbook last season, but let's dig deeper.

2) Anthony Spencer: Not playing like a Franchise Tag DE/OLB. Surprise, surprise.

3) OL penalties were surprising high, and problems were expected... but Romo needs to make sure he's watching the play clock too! The Delay of Game penalties are unnacceptable for a veteran QB like him.

Some hopes I had from yesterday:

1) Garrett stuck to the run in the 4th quarter! No signs of panic with the lead. He did not call a predictable game... something he was criticized for in the past.

2) Dez is committed to team play. His downfield blocking was a great testament to his unselfishness and enthusiasm to do the little things. Yes, he collided with Murray, but the way I saw it, Murray ran into him.

3) Josh Brent held down the fort in the middle and freed up our LBs! Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about! He was extremely key on that goal line stance and the Cowboys were able to push back their running attack.
1) When we zone blocked and moved side to side, we ran well. When we tried to push people back, we failed.

2) JG still has some pathology versus calling two back to back runs. 2nd and 2, he always passes.

3) Spencer was a waste from day 1. He was not needed to being with. He was the second best 3-4 OLB prospect in his class (Woodley was better). It was a reach to please Wade and Jerry b/c they hated Carpenter from day 1.

4) Romo made mistakes but no fatal ones and that is his big issue. So kudos.

5) Dez does play hard. Give him that but he was MIA second half. Austin and Oggletree really made the difference. And DeMarco.
dezsucks (Bob) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
5) Dez does play hard. Give him that but he was MIA second half. Austin and Oggletree really made the difference. And DeMarco.
I take that as a credit to Tony passing to good matchups and not forcing the issue. Dez dealt with some bracket coverage and man with help over the top. No need to put a ball anywhere near him when everyone else is running against 4's and 5's.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
dezsucks (Bob)
Rookie

dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
I take that as a credit to Tony passing to good matchups and not forcing the issue. Dez dealt with some bracket coverage and man with help over the top. No need to put a ball anywhere near him when everyone else is running against 4's and 5's.
We had an 88 not so long ago that it made no difference. But I adore MI.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezsucks (Bob) View Post
It's not as cut and dry as to the attention he attracts. Dez had a fine day yesterday.

My only issue with him is his ass crack getting so much face time.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
We all love the PLAYMAKER but if Alvin Harper was matched up against a #4 CB please believe that's the way Troy would look.

Austin had one catch for 9 yards at halftime. Does that mean he was only effective after Coe got hurt in the 3rd?

Last edited by Witten4HOF : 09-06-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

All you have to do is take the last pass for example. Ogletree was lined up against Tryon, who was like 8 yards off of him, and took 4 steps back upon snap. The simple slant looked like a practice play, why wouldn't you pick on him? That was the simple read, and easy play. Romo takes that option every time.

As a matter of fact since he started his career early with TO he hasn't forced a ball to any guy we have had ever, and I think that's why there was a disconnect with TO. He just doesn't do that. I can't believe how that isn't simple to some people, or how that in correlation means Dez disappeared.

I've never seen so much criticism for a guy so productive his first 2 years coming into the league as a 21 year old. I guess if you don't play up to the level of Larry Fitzgerald it's always something to nit pick.

Quote:
Old 09-06-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This hate on Dez is only because of his character.

The guy started 16 games in his career and got 1574 yards and 15 tds

Larry Fitz in his first two years started 32 games and got 2189 yards and 18 tds.

Give Dez 16 more games and I guarantee he's on Fitz level over his first two years in term of production.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went there.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 09-06-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

^^^^^^ this guy. that comparison made me smile.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Notice that Andre Johnson also started 32 games and got 2118 yards and 10 tds in his first two years.

Leave Dez alone.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 09-06-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spencer played the run pretty tight last night. Didn't do much in the pass rush, but it's only week 1.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Spencer played the run pretty tight last night. Didn't do much in the pass rush, but it's only week 1.
Did he? The run D as a whole was pretty good, so maybe I missed him.

I personally can't wait until Kyle Wilber gets healthy.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
We all love the PLAYMAKER but if Alvin Harper was matched up against a #4 CB please believe that's the way Troy would look.

Austin had one catch for 9 yards at halftime. Does that mean he was only effective after Coe got hurt in the 3rd?
Why do you guys let this clown get the best of you? Ignore him and he'll go away.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
dezsucks (Bob)
Rookie

Quote:
It's not as cut and dry as to the attention he attracts. Dez had a fine day yesterday.

My only issue with him is his ass crack getting so much face time.
I agree with you.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
dezsucks (Bob)
Rookie

Quote:
1) When we zone blocked and moved side to side, we ran well. When we tried to push people back, we failed.
Instead of name calling, anyone else notice this?
Old 09-06-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Why do you guys let this clown get the best of you? Ignore him and he'll go away.
No he wont. He'll come back under another Username. Whats this, #20?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Instead of name calling, anyone else notice this?
Are you seriously under the impression that rules broken against you apply?

I once again was soft hearted and stopped Shane from banning you. Don't even bother to report posts because they get ignored. You're way past your last straw. We've banned you multiple times, but you love coming back. So it doesn't matter what people do to you. They will NEVER get infracted. Only thing that matters what you do to others.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:31 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

“Yeah! **** yeah!” .... “Go for it, **** face!”

It's no wonder he's my favorite Cowboys coach everzzzz! LMAO.

Last edited by D-Unit : 09-07-2012 at 12:57 PM.