Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-07-2012, 07:53 AM    (permalink
dezsucks (Bob)
Rookie

dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Are you seriously under the impression that rules broken against you apply?

I once again was soft hearted and stopped Shane from banning you. Don't even bother to report posts because they get ignored. You're way past your last straw. We've banned you multiple times, but you love coming back. So it doesn't matter what people do to you. They will NEVER get infracted. Only thing that matters what you do to others.
Nice to see you are a moral relativist. That is to say rules are not rules, just what you want them to be based on what you are feeling in the moment. That said ....

So, do you have comment on the OL observation?
dezsucks (Bob) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:59 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's not as cut and dry as to the attention he attracts. Dez had a fine day yesterday.

My only issue with him is his ass crack getting so much face time.
Dez Bryant was open in the endzone on KO's last TD....but Romo would've had to throw across his body to the corner to get it there.

Give credit to Romo throwing the easy pass to the open man, and not discrediting Dez. I've seen all 22 footage of the 2nd half and he was open a # of times and Romo just went to another option. It happens.

As far as Spencer...I'm still iffy on the guy, not sure I want him resigned, buttt....He played a great game. He's literally the reason the Giants settled for 3 on the goal line stand. He set the edge so well throughout the entire game.

Hatcher looks impressive...I think once Ratliff gets back we'll see more pressure on QB's from guys not named Ware. Our defense is looking like it could be dominant if everyone stays healthy.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezsucks (Bob) View Post
Nice to see you are a moral relativist. That is to say rules are not rules, just what you want them to be based on what you are feeling in the moment. That said ....

So, do you have comment on the OL observation?
If there is anything really egregious done against you, there will be some consideration for infraction, but I haven't seen anything close to that yet.

As for the OL, they are a work in progress and they faced one of the toughest DLs in the league. The penalties were the killers and that should be the first thing they correct..
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Dez Bryant was open in the endzone on KO's last TD....but Romo would've had to throw across his body to the corner to get it there.

Give credit to Romo throwing the easy pass to the open man, and not discrediting Dez. I've seen all 22 footage of the 2nd half and he was open a # of times and Romo just went to another option. It happens.

As far as Spencer...I'm still iffy on the guy, not sure I want him resigned, buttt....He played a great game. He's literally the reason the Giants settled for 3 on the goal line stand. He set the edge so well throughout the entire game.

Hatcher looks impressive...I think once Ratliff gets back we'll see more pressure on QB's from guys not named Ware. Our defense is looking like it could be dominant if everyone stays healthy.
Broaddus indeed did point out that Spencer did a good job against the run. I think he will always be underappreciated because of his low sack production.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's funny how as a whole all you hear are people talking about how bad our offensive line is after the game, when all things considered we should be pretty happy about how things played out. The penalties have just got to stop, so no way around that. But let's just focus on between the whistles for a moment.

We went against what one could easily consider the best defensive line in the NFL, with a back-up Center playing the whole game who we just traded for days ago. Those things considered, Murray had 120+ rushing yards, Romo had 300+ passing yards, and we won the game. Now of course, we gave up sacks, players got beat, the push up the middle left a ton to be desired, but big picture I don't see a bunch to be upset about.

If I could have told you those 3 things would have happened above, with the Guards and Centers we had starting, any of us would have taken it, in fact we would 16 games this year. We need to draft a G/C in the 1st round though, I'm almost sure of that, and probably grab another one in FA, but they held their own.

I do know that I saw our line play much, much worse then last night, I'm sure we all have. But like I said, maybe everyone was just jacked up for the moment, or Witten, or to avenge the Giants, whatever. I'm honestly starting to think we have a let down game vs Seattle because hardly have we seen a total team effort like that before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
It's funny how as a whole all you hear are people talking about how bad our offensive line is after the game, when all things considered we should be pretty happy about how things played out. The penalties have just got to stop, so no way around that. But let's just focus on between the whistles for a moment.

We went against what one could easily consider the best defensive line in the NFL, with a back-up Center playing the whole game who we just traded for days ago. Those things considered, Murray had 120+ rushing yards, Romo had 300+ passing yards, and we won the game. Now of course, we gave up sacks, players got beat, the push up the middle left a ton to be desired, but big picture I don't see a bunch to be upset about.

If I could have told you those 3 things would have happened above, with the Guards and Centers we had starting, any of us would have taken it, in fact we would 16 games this year. We need to draft a G/C in the 1st round though, I'm almost sure of that, and probably grab another one in FA, but they held their own.

I do know that I saw our line play much, much worse then last night, I'm sure we all have. But like I said, maybe everyone was just jacked up for the moment, or Witten, or to avenge the Giants, whatever. I'm honestly starting to think we have a let down game vs Seattle because hardly have we seen a total team effort like that before.
Yep, you're right about the actual play of the OL when they weren't being penalized. JPP had 1 sack and then was quiet the rest of the game... which sucked for my War League fantasy team since he only got me 3.5 pts. Grrr. Not bad for Tyron's first game at LT. Speaking of Tyron, his TD saving tackle was reminiscient of Larry Allen's chase. Made me remember that. Cook was a pleasant surprise. Livings was just kind of there, not doing anything great or terrible. Berny had that sack surrrendered to Bernard where he got toasted, but you can tell his strength is run blocking more than pass pro. Free generally did ok, but that holding call was a legit hold. I'm hoping he gets back to his 2010 form quickly. I honestly think he has to return to his good self if he plans on being with the team next year.

Taking down the SB champs in week 1 would lead someone to believe that a let down game is around the corner, but I just can't see it. Not with that team being Seattle. Yes, their defense will be tough, but I cannot see them moving the ball against our defense better than our offense will move the ball against their defense.

Lynch is already questionable for Game 1 with back spasms. Another thing is that he hasn't been suspended yet. Will that happen? Toss in a rookie QB, and a shoddy WR group.... AND a week and a half to prep for it. I think our momentum will carry through to the next game with the OL eager to prove that they can minimize those mistakes they had against the Giants.

I'll be watching the Seattle game this weekend for sure though. Let's see what these guys are made out of. We'll get a better idea after that.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yep, you're right about the actual play of the OL when they weren't being penalized. JPP had 1 sack and then was quiet the rest of the game... which sucked for my War League fantasy team since he only got me 3.5 pts. Grrr. Not bad for Tyron's first game at LT. Speaking of Tyron, his TD saving tackle was reminiscient of Larry Allen's chase. Made me remember that. Cook was a pleasant surprise. Livings was just kind of there, not doing anything great or terrible. Berny had that sack surrrendered to Bernard where he got toasted, but you can tell his strength is run blocking more than pass pro. Free generally did ok, but that holding call was a legit hold..

I didn't know any of this, hadn't re-watched the game but I think I am on Saturday. Was curious what JPP ended with. Yea Cook was solid, they went after him like crazy the moment he got in, stunts, blitzes, the kitchen sink. The fact that I didn't notice him very much was a very good sign for me. He has starter experience too so that helped.

I need to watch Berny more on running plays and see if I pick that up also. Free had an average game, I guess I expect more because his first season at RT was superb. He was just a stud, now it seems like his skills are detiorating quickly, I hope I'm not just overreacting there.

Quote:
Old 09-07-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys...one thing to consider....I don't think the Giants are all that great. They got hot at the right time last year, but they were pretty average for most of the year. This is the same team we hung 34 points on last year, without Murray, and with an even worse line. The defense lost those games(see. T.new), and it's better now. Hence us having no problems closing them out this time.

I don't know...just my opinion, but I can easily see the Giants being in last place in the east this year. Same team that the Skins beat twice last year. The eagles own them....It's just that OL makes them REALLY REALLY susceptible. They can't run the ball, and they're left to throw it...which they can do...but at some point you need balance.

I'm not saying that's not a quality win, because beating the SB champions in their house, on opening night is always a quality win, but we may easily look back at this win when the seasons done as a "Well that was a gimmie game, Giants suck"

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 09-07-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Guys...one thing to consider....I don't think the Giants are all that great. They got hot at the right time last year, but they were pretty average for most of the year. This is the same team we hung 24+ points on last year, without Murray, and with an even worse line.

I don't know...just my opinion, but I can easily see the Giants being in last place in the east this year. Same team that the Skins beat twice last year. The eagles own them....It's just that OL makes them REALLY REALLY susceptible. They can't run the ball, and they're left to throw it...which they can do...but at some point you need balance!
My bet to win the division was the Eagles. The Giants are a team that we could always hang with, but the Eagles have handed us our asses many a time. ...and the Redskins are due to beat us. They seem hungry this year. I think RG3 will make a HUGE difference.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had the Giants bouncing out of the playoffs this year but they will be much more capable the next time we meet provided their interior line depth and secondary injury woes are fixed. For all of the ******** comments about Dallas merely taking advantage of the worst players on the field though this could be eye-opening.

Quote:
According to Pro Football Focus, Romo targeted the starting corners 11 times, while throwing at Jayron Hosley and Justin Tyron only four times.
His percentage when throwing at their top corner (Webster)? 100%. Ogletree (TD 1/1), Bryant (3/3), Austin (1/1). How about their 2nd (Coe)? 75%. Ogletree (3/4).

How about those aforementioned scrub corners? Hosley (1/1) ; Tryon (3/3).

One BIG note though. The Giants played VERY poorly against slants regardless of starting corners. Expect there to be a lot of adjustments before the next matchup.

However our defense was more than impressive. On my second watch the biggest thing that jumps out? Holy hell do we have a pair of starting corners. We can also FINALLY get pressure when sending 4 guys which was a BIG struggle last year. Now that we generate pressure without blitzing it makes the times we do blitz all the more effective.

Quote:
ESPN Stats & Information reviewed Wednesday's game and found that the Cowboys got better results with fewer blitzes:

The Cowboys sent five or more rushers after Eli Manning on 10 of his 35 dropbacks (28.6 percent) Wednesday after doing so nearly 38 percent of the time last season. The less aggressive approach made the Cowboys' added rushes more effective, with all three sacks coming when sending five or more. When facing five or more rushers from the Cowboys, Manning only completed 42.9 percent of his passes for an average of 3.4 yards per attempt.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Red Bryant is going to be a tough matchup for Free. RB is huge and has the size/strength to push Free back into Romo's lap.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good read about our D

http://www.cowboysnation.com/2012/09...cowboys-d.html

We've all wondered the last 12 months if inside linebacker Bruce Carter was worth the investment. He cost Dallas a 2nd round pick and kept the team waiting. Would he be big enough to play inside, after playing the weakside in a 4-3 scheme? Would he have the explosion that made him such a top prospect before he tore an ACL late in his senior season?

Last night showed a speedy, powerful complement to Sean Lee.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Quote:
My bet to win the division was the Eagles. The Giants are a team that we could always hang with, but the Eagles have handed us our asses many a time. ...and the Redskins are due to beat us. They seem hungry this year. I think RG3 will make a HUGE difference.
Exactly...While I think it was a great win and confidence builder...The season is going to be determined by the games with the Eagles and ridiculously difficult schedule of ours. Bears/Saints/Ravens/Steelers/Eagles X2...hell Cinci & Carolina can probably give us some trouble.

I think the Boys are good enough to win the division...yes I've been sipping the kool aid....I just don't believe the Giants are the litmus test.

I'm thinking 12-4....barring injuries to the OL. I think we're good enough to score with anyone, and I think we finally have a defense that matches up with the Eagles/Saints/Giants of the world.

I think a lot of people are really down on our OL, as they should be...but Mack and Livings are capable, and if this new FA Center or Costa get it together...it's already better than last years OL, and the Boys had no trouble scoring points, even with numerous injuries to our star players. Austin/Bryant went down numerous times last year, Murray was out for the 2nd Giants game, Felix is always injured, a few injuries to the OL. For everything that's been said about the Boys lack of depth, we sure didn't have any trouble plugging those holes offensively. Or at least hiding them

Demarco & the defense is the key. We've gone from a bunch of grey beards chasing receivers, failing to fill holes or tackle RB's(the Igor's, Brooking, James, T.New, Elam's of the past), to a bunch of young, FAST, hungry and capable defensive players (Carter, Lee, Carr, Claiborne, Lissemore, Church)

Yes...again, I'm drinking the kool aid...but I think we're close to a deep playoff run...if not this year, next...I think we have the perfect mix of "prime" players, and "young hungry" up and comers.....Romo's year last year, despite the 2 breakdowns, was phenomenal...If he's simply on that level, and the defense plays fast and Ryan is half as good as he's been touted.

I don't know...I think we'll be playing next January and potentially Feb.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 09-07-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Exactly...While I think it was a great win and confidence builder...The season is going to be determined by the games with the Eagles and ridiculously difficult schedule of ours. Bears/Saints/Ravens/Steelers/Eagles X2...hell Cinci can probably give us some trouble.

I think the Boys are good enough to win the division...yes I've been sipping the kool aid....I just don't believe the Giants are the litmus test.
The Giants fans who roam our boards won't like listening to this... haha. I like your logic though. I do think the GMen will get their act together as the season goes on, but I agree that I don't think they get to the playoffs. Health will play a big factor though.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exactly...While I think it was a great win and confidence builder...The season is going to be determined by the games with the Eagles and ridiculously difficult schedule of ours. Bears/Saints/Ravens/Steelers/Eagles X2...hell Cinci can probably give us some trouble.

Eagles play Ravens/GiantsX2/@Pitt/Det/Atl/@NO/DallasX2/Cinci

Seems to me their schedule is just as tough or tougher than ours. Also Vick will miss 4-5 games as usual. It will be fun to watch it play out

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 09-07-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Eagles play Ravens/GiantsX2/@Pitt/Det/Atl/@NO/DallasX2/Cinci

Seems to me their schedule is just as tough or tougher than ours. Also Vick will miss 4-5 games as usual. It will be fun to watch it play out
Yea, but on paper at least...they're equal or better than us, IMO. Hell they've proven it on the field and swept us last year...

But yea...should be an exciting year. I think the games the Boys lose will be "real" losses though. Which is the difference between this year and last...There's 3 or so games where the Boys just....got whipped up and down the field last year, the remainder were just a lack of focus and being able to close out games.

You take out those ridiculous games(Lions, Jets, first NY game), and the Boys are in the playoffs. I'm just thinking...hoping...praying..Lol, that the Boys won't combust under pressure. They'll lose some games just from being out coached/out played, whatever...but there won't be any ridiculous comebacks due to concentration lapses.

Quote:
The Giants fans who roam our boards won't like listening to this... haha. I like your logic though. I do think the GMen will get their act together as the season goes on, but I agree that I don't think they get to the playoffs. Health will play a big factor though.
Hey...Haha, it's just my opinion. I think the Giants finish last. They overcame injuries and got healthy at JUST the right time, and played a team that a couldn't close out to end the season(Cowboys). This year there is no overcoming from injuries...Their CB's just aren't that great(See the Boys attacking their #1..over, and over, and over), and the OL may be the worst in the division. They can't run the ball, and Eli only has so much magic to in that wand of his.

Health will be a big factor for the Boys/Eagles....Football is a game of attrition obviously. The team that stays healthy wins the division.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 09-07-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yea, but on paper at least...they're equal or better than us, IMO. Hell they've proven it on the field and swept us last year...

But yea...should be an exciting year. I think the games the Boys lose will be "real" losses though. Which is the difference between this year and last...There's 3 or so games where the Boys just....got whipped up and down the field last year, the remainder were just a lack of focus and being able to close out games.

You take out those ridiculous games(Lions, Jets, first NY game), and the Boys are in the playoffs. I'm just thinking...hoping...praying..Lol, that the Boys won't combust under pressure. They'll lose some games just from being out coached/out played, whatever...but there won't be any ridiculous comebacks due to concentration lapses.

Hey...Haha, it's just my opinion. I think the Giants finish last. They overcame injuries and got healthy at JUST the right time, and played a team that a couldn't close out to end the season(Cowboys). This year there is no overcoming from injuries...Their CB's just aren't that great(See the Boys attacking their #1..over, and over, and over), and the OL may be the worst in the division. They can't run the ball, and Eli only has so much magic to in that wand of his.

Health will be a big factor for the Boys/Eagles....Football is a game of attrition obviously. The team that stays healthy wins the division.
The Giants also won @15-1 GB, @SF, and obviously NE. NO WAY do they finish last IMO. Now they might not make the playoffs but it would be foolish to count them out after just 1 game. They have never lost in our stadium either. Remember they had a lot of those same issues last year but a great DL and a hot QB can take you a long ways

Old 09-07-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It's crazy that last in this division could easily be 7-9 / 8-8. I think it is still early to be that high or low on anyone yet considering we haven't seen 90% of the teams play a game yet and the Giants were pretty banged up in the opener. I'll wait to give my prediction until our bye week comes and I've seen a little more.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Did you guys all post your predictions for each team's season record in the NFC East Forum?
Old 09-07-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Quote:
The Giants also won @15-1 GB, @SF, and obviously NE. NO WAY do they finish last IMO. Now they might not make the playoffs but it would be foolish to count them out after just 1 game. They have never lost in our stadium either. Remember they had a lot of those same issues last year but a great DL and a hot QB can take you a long ways
I don't want you to take my posts out of context. I think they're a good team for most of the season, and became a GREAT team during the playoffs. That DL is just vicious, and Eli can make any throw in the book, even the magical ones.

They literally got every bounce last year though. I think I read something where they recovered every single fumble they lost last year. They played a self destructive Boys team to get into the playoffs, an overrated Falcons team(every year we hear the same thing...Yet Matty Ice hasn't taken that step), a team in GB that was out of sync, and then a 9ers team that I feel was better than them, that just couldn't get out of their own way. What was it like 2 fumbled punt returns? Where literally all they had to do was catch cleanly to win.

As far as the Pats....I just think Coughlin has their #. Brady is shaken moreso than any other QB against the rush, and the Pats defense was pretty terrible.(We nearly beat them, but Garrett got conservative.)

Again, I'm not saying they can't be a decent team, simply that they overcame their injuries and bad play during the season to make a run. I don't think it's possible this year...A Eagles team that knows it's coach is on the hot seat, revamped Dallas Defense, and a Redskins team that swept them last year.

I could be completely wrong. It's only the first weekend of the season....My point is that let's not get too ahead of ourselves with this win, when we may look back and say "That's not a quality win"...at the end of the season.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I don't even think it was the Giants pass rush that was the reason why the Pats lost. I think their leaky secondary was the reason.

With Carr and Claiborne, I think we finally got the "Eli stoppers" that we've never had before. :D
Old 09-07-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Honestly, I don't think that the effort was too high on Wednesday. To me it looked like they played hard, but not with this sense of urgency as if the game meant everything like they have before. It looked like they were playing things as if they expected to win, but more consistent than in the past. That's why I don't see a let down. After the game the team wasn't all smiles as if they won the Super Bowl. They were just like, "Yep we won this week. On to next week." That gives me a really good feeling because that's how they need to play all season long. I think they naturally got hyped for the game because of how high profile it was, but not so much that they lose focus throughout the whole season. Maybe that whole "make today better than yesterday" thing Garrett is preaching is working. Of course it's too early to tell, so I'm just going to predict a 6th Super Bowl and then act like I never did if it doesn't happen. lol

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:47 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Good read about our D

http://www.cowboysnation.com/2012/09...cowboys-d.html

We've all wondered the last 12 months if inside linebacker Bruce Carter was worth the investment. He cost Dallas a 2nd round pick and kept the team waiting. Would he be big enough to play inside, after playing the weakside in a 4-3 scheme? Would he have the explosion that made him such a top prospect before he tore an ACL late in his senior season?

Last night showed a speedy, powerful complement to Sean Lee.

Great post, this was good insight. After reading it did leave me wondering, does anyone know how often we went Dime last night? I don't remember seeing 4 CB's on the field often, so I'm curious if we'll find a way to get Jenkins into the mix when he's healthy or if he's the odd man out until someone gets hurt.

I love the depth for now though, which is why I never wanted to trade him to begin with. Mo or Carr has to miss a few games, we don't miss a beat with Jenkins.

Quote:
Old 09-08-2012, 07:40 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't even think it was the Giants pass rush that was the reason why the Pats lost. I think their leaky secondary was the reason.

With Carr and Claiborne, I think we finally got the "Eli stoppers" that we've never had before. :D
And Gronkowski was injured!

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:30 AM    (permalink
dezsucks (Bob)
Rookie

dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If there is anything really egregious done against you, there will be some consideration for infraction, but I haven't seen anything close to that yet.

As for the OL, they are a work in progress and they faced one of the toughest DLs in the league. The penalties were the killers and that should be the first thing they correct..
Unlikely, but good to see you did not notice.
dezsucks (Bob) is offline   Reply With Quote