Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-08-2012, 08:32 AM    (permalink
dezsucks (Bob)
Rookie

dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
And Gronkowski was injured!
And Welker dropped a pass he never drops. And Rodgers over/under threw balls he never does. And ... rather be lucky than good.

Worst point differential for a SB/Championship winner in the NFL's entire History dating back to the 20s.

It was truly an Act of God.

Last edited by dezsucks (Bob) : 09-08-2012 at 08:34 AM.
dezsucks (Bob) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezsucks (Bob) View Post
Unlikely, but good to see you did not notice.
Good to see that you've already made up your mind that the Cowboys won't be able to run anything that requires them to run straight this season.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
dezsucks (Bob)
Rookie

dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Good to see that you've already made up your mind that the Cowboys won't be able to run anything that requires them to run straight this season.
I did not say that. I said they ran much better with zone blocking schemes in Game 1. In that same game, they could not push lineman or get to the second level to create holes for Murray.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think there's a good chance that Ware can break Reggie White's sack record. Especially with how much more the league passes now.

Ware is gonna go down as one of the greatest pass rushers of all time. LT, White, Jones, Smith and maybe Ware might join that top 5 by the end of his career.

He'll go down as the best OLB since LT by the end of his career for sure. There's no doubt he's better than Derrick Thomas.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezsucks (Bob) View Post
I did not say that. I said they ran much better with zone blocking schemes in Game 1. In that same game, they could not push lineman or get to the second level to create holes for Murray.
Which zone blocking schemes? I honestly wasn't acutely aware to what they were running. I have the game taped though. Could check it out. I'm not to sure what Callahan's OL preference is.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Which zone blocking schemes? I honestly wasn't acutely aware to what they were running. I have the game taped though. Could check it out. I'm not to sure what Callahan's OL preference is.
Callahan is well versed in both zone and man blocking. If I remember right he ran a lot of zone in Oakland and Man in NY. It would be really hard running a lot of zone blocking considering the lineman haven't worked with eachother that much.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:55 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had not given my take on the game yet, so I would like to weigh in.

I thought Romo was just about perfect. I can not believe there are still people that don't like him.

CB's appear to be as advertised.

I was the biggest Felix supporter on here. From when he got drafted, till now. But someone mentioned that he is only still here because he was a 1st round pick. I have to agree. I was disappointed. However, I do agree with D-unit in that if he does not start getting touches, Demarco will go down. Felix has to produce something.

I was wrong about Carter. When he was drafted, I hated it. I never did find all the big plays he supposedly made in college. Well, he balled out last night. So I admit I was wrong about him, too.

I still say the O line is bad. I wanted Decastro. After last night, I really have no ground to stand on. The CBs looked great, so I guess I was wrong that we should have taken Decastro.

However, I still wonder if Romo and Demarco can do this all year. Week in and week out with a bad line? That is a lot to ask of them. I feel like their performance last night is a testament to how good Romo and Demarco are. Not how good the line is.

Marty B cracked me up! I don't hate him like some do, but it was nice to see him drop a pass for someone else.

Ratliff being gone did not make as much a difference as I thought it would.

So all in all, I was wrong about several things. I will take responsibility for all of those that said Claiborne and Carter were bad picks. And those that said Felix was a good pick.

I guess all that matters is we beat the superbowl champs on their terf. Not a bad start to the season. Really, it is all one can ask for.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
dezsucks (Bob)
Rookie

Interesting POV, makes sense.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast
Old 09-09-2012, 09:32 AM    (permalink
dezsucks (Bob)
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Callahan is well versed in both zone and man blocking. If I remember right he ran a lot of zone in Oakland and Man in NY. It would be really hard running a lot of zone blocking considering the lineman haven't worked with eachother that much.
Well take a look, it seemed most of the big runs (second half) had the OL simply moving horizontally blocking the guy right in front of them and DeMarco simply cutting to the hole. First half, not so much.

Another thing, I don't remember them pulling a lineman once during the game. Not saying they did not, just I don't remember seeing it.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Side note RG3 is killing it . That is all

Last edited by Witten4HOF : 09-09-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Side not RG3 is killing it . That is all
:( I'm such a big fan. Cant stand it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Yeah, kid is legitimate. Gonna be a tough decade and a half with him leading the Redskins.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
dezsucks (Bob)
Rookie

Love me Mike Vick. SMH.

Him and Weeden need some extra reps. Sheesh.

Last edited by dezsucks (Bob) : 09-09-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:55 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we lose to Seattle...I'm gonna be pissed. They're not that bad, but that is a game I fully expect us to roll in. Dial it up Rob, confuse the **** out of the rook.

edit...

You know, our schedule has the potential makings of a brutal one. I dont think we have a problem with Seattle...but then we look at Chicago, @Baltimore, @Carolina, NYG, @Atlanta, @Philly...before a gimme against Cleveland. That def. looks pretty rough after week one.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-10-2012 at 01:02 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:47 AM    (permalink
dezsucks (Bob)
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
If we lose to Seattle...I'm gonna be pissed. They're not that bad, but that is a game I fully expect us to roll in. Dial it up Rob, confuse the **** out of the rook.

edit...

You know, our schedule has the potential makings of a brutal one. I dont think we have a problem with Seattle...but then we look at Chicago, @Baltimore, @Carolina, NYG, @Atlanta, @Philly...before a gimme against Cleveland. That def. looks pretty rough after week one.
Good news this year is 5 of last 8 at home I think.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:03 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I hate that I'm a RGIII fan but always have been, I fully expect the Skins to hand it to us at least 1 game this year, rook or not. Browns dropped the ball there, they were in prime position to get him out of our division but now we are stuck with that for the next 12 years.

In looking way ahead, I'm excited we play ATL this year. Would love to see our CB's matched up with Julio & Roddy, and how Matt Ryan fares. Probably the most anticipated game on our schedule for me personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Onto the Seahawks. Those of you that watched their game, what did you see?

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Onto the Seahawks. Those of you that watched their game, what did you see?
Wilson is dangerous running around making plays. However, they have a real hard time moving the ball consistently. They have very little playmaking ability at WR.

Their defense looked decent, but Skelton was brutal. Romo should tear them apart.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I didn't see the Seattle game. :(
Old 09-10-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have vivid memories of us playing the Cardinals last year in a game that we should have blown them away but won. I expect this to be another close one, until this team shows me that they are able to wipe out teams who are clearly inferior and not let them hang around.

I have a hard time seeing them win quite honestly, but I think it'll be close in the 4th quarter.

Quote:
Old 09-10-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I have vivid memories of us playing the Cardinals last year in a game that we should have blown them away but won. I expect this to be another close one, until this team shows me that they are able to wipe out teams who are clearly inferior and not let them hang around.

I have a hard time seeing them win quite honestly, but I think it'll be close in the 4th quarter.
This isn't the same Cowboys team. We will KILL Seattle.

I see us going 7-0 before I think we face a tough challenge.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:

Lol. I see the first week has you fired up! 3-0 is attainable, that wouldn't be too tough, but this team isn't touching any 7-0 lol. In fact I see a slip-up somewhere in that 3-0 projection, you know being the NFL weird things happen and we'll lose a game we have no business losing somewhere this year.

Quote:
Old 09-10-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I gotta say, if this team plays anything like they did last week, we should win easily. The WRs Seattle has should not give our CBs trouble at all. Lynch can be a beast, but I think Lee and Carter can win that battle. I think it's critical to try and keep the QB in the pocket and make his reads. If he starts running around and making things happen, it could get dicey.

As for their defense, it's solid, but if our defense does its job, Seattle's defense should be on the field a long time. I think Romo eventually finds holes.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I dunno, week 4 in Baltimore is going to be a challenge.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
I dunno, week 4 in Baltimore is going to be a challenge.
We play Chicago that week, not sure where at though.

Quote: