Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Final 3 cuts to be made:

McBriar
One of Kafka or Edwards
One of Polk or Brown
Old 08-31-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thornton makes the cut over Dixon. Polk and Brown both earned their spots.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Am I the only one bothered by the fact we did absolutely nothing to improve our redzone offense this offseason.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Am I the only one bothered by the fact we did absolutely nothing to improve our redzone offense this offseason.
I'm surprised you guys didn't go after Plax. He made perfect sense for Philly. He had a hard on for the Eagles too.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know why nobody has been interested in Plax. The guy looked alright for being out of the game for 2 years, and was bound to get better. I would have loved the signing, but they were banking on McNutt being that guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Mcnutt was cut.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Mcnutt was cut.
I know, but I think he was part of the reason we didnt sign Plax originally.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Ya, pretty sure we've discussed it before in here but I think it had a lot to do with last offseason and them wanting to stay out of the spotlight this year.

Right now our only WR over 6'0 is Cooper and he's injured. I'm a big fan of Cooper going back to his Florida days but even when healthy I'm not sure he fits that prototypical mold you look for in big red zone receivers. Plax made a living in the redzone. Not saying we should have gone after him specifically but I'm surprised we didn't pick anyone up who fits that mold. Right now Celek is our default red zone target which scares me a little.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:42 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Yeah, Plax would make a ton of sense. I mean cmon to stay out of the spotlight is hardly a reason to make a move that would greatly improve your team. Him or even a guy like Winslow I wouldnt mind bringing in for a workout.

Quote:
Old 09-05-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is anyone else worried about only carrying 8 O-linemen to start the year? I realize we have two guys on PUP who could probably come back, but if we have injuries to our OL, especially interior OL, we are screwed.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well where most of the OL can move around and play differnt spots I am not very worried right now with just having 8. King can play either tackle spot, same with Todd and he can move inside to G if we get thin there and bring in Bell. If anyone gets hurt for an extended period of time then yes something will need to be done.
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That seems to be the thing that'd save us if a situation came up, almost all of our O-linemen can play multiple positions, its one of the benefits of Mudd's scheme. I'm still very weary about Peters coming back this season, unless there was some sort of advancement in repairing Achilles injuries, it'll be a while before he comes back to anything close to what he was. I haven't heard any news on him, so I assume nothing (else) has gone wrong, however he is still far enough away that there aren't any "milestones" in his recovery yet. If we hear word that he is back and practicing in the next few weeks, I may begin to look at his situation a little more positively, but right now it looks like we won't be hearing about him playing any time soon. We do have Gibson on PUP as well, once he comes back I will be much less worried about our OL depth situation. .

So what are you guys looking for this weekend against the Browns?

I want to see our front 7 handles Trent Richardson. He's coming off that knee surgery, but he should be good to go. Even with Cleveland's OL he could have a good game. Basically I want to see improved tackling out of the entire defense, that was one of my biggest issues last year, and they've shown improvement this off-season, I just want to see continued improvement.

I'm also very interested to See how King Dunlap handles LT. I've always been a fan of his, but we must recognize he is not and will never be anything close to Peters. If he can play as solid as Herremans (who I personally think is becoming a little overrated, to be honest) our OL will be ok. Herremans also needs to adapt to playing outside. We've all known he has the ability to do it, but I wasn't thrilled with his play last season. I'm not saying he did a poor job, but I expected more out of him. Too many times he got beat and Vick was sacked, or he got pushed back and Shady was tackled behind the LOS, and too often did he give up a holding call. It was his first full season outside, so hopefully a little experience will help him improve into this season.

I like our interior OL. Mathis, though I personally believe he became overrrated over the off-season, is a great OL, and I will admit was our best O-linemen over the course of the entire season last year. Him with Kelce and Watkins is a great interior 3. Kelce needs to work on anchoring a little more, he still gets pushed back too easily on occasion. But I think Watkins is going to shine this season. He looked good in camp and his ability to be dominant inside showed a little more as the season went on, as well as the offseason and preseason. Hopefully he can continue that momentum and will be that killer road grader who will help Shady and company rack up a bunch of yards.

We all know our DL is going to be great this year if they stay healthy, but how good will they be? I honestly believe our DL to be the most talented overall in the league. When a player like Darryl Tapp is on the roster bubble heading into the season, that tells you something about this unit. Babin and Cole are terrors, and our rotational DEs have all shown an ability to create pressure on a consistent basis. Our DTs are looking impressive as well, Jenkins is a force in all aspects of the game, and Cox is going to come in and add to the talent of our DL. I don't expect a lot out of Cox stat-wise, but he will make an impact. Thornton has also been turning heads and I'll be interested to see if how much either of these guys will be rotating in with Jenkins and Landri. Landri has been extremely impressive and is also carrying voer a lot of momentum from last season. If Cox or Thornton show they are worth rotating in on a consistent basis, that is a great sign for our DL.

I think Shady, Maclin, and DeSean are in for big seasons. Celek too, but to a lesser extent. I think this will be the year that Maclin separates himself, not only in the yes of the coaching staff, but the rest of the NFL and the fans as well, as our #1 receiving target. I'm sure there will be teams who will key on on him in their gameplans to stop him, which will open up more opportunities for Celek and DeSean.

I'm very interested in seeing how our Safety situation pans out. I've been a huge Nate Allen fan, I hope he can stay healthy and be the true center field type of FS that he was drafted to be. People forget how hot he started off his rookie season, hopefully he can regain that and will at least lessen the hole that is our safety group.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game gentlemen.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was an ugly win, but a W is a W.

I know we're all expecting some progression from Vick, ie. taking care of his body, improving his decision making, etc. We didn't see that this game. Hopefully he will improve his game from here because if our defense and running game can perform like they did today then this team should make a deep run into the playoffs.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

53 passes for Vick is not good.

With 4 Rbs on the team, what are they doing passing 53 times?
Old 09-10-2012, 12:32 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, big mystery passing so often in a game like today's.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:13 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

McCoy is our bread and butter, Andy and Marty forget that too much.

Quote:
Old 09-10-2012, 04:06 AM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God if the Eagles play like this all year its gonna put me in the hispital.

The penalties are just to much this is something that needs to stop soon. 12 for over 100 yards is way way to much. Also Weeden missed alot of open receivers. A half competent QB would of made most of those.

Now the good I know Vick had a horrid day. Half I will chalk up to him not playing the last 3 weeks but he needs to not get rattled. In the 3rd and early 4th quarter he looked rattled and frustrated. But I saw something I havent seen out of him before and that was in the 2nd and 4th on the last 2 drives he was not oh crap Michael Vick but played well He was 9 of 15 for 129 yard and 2 td's ion those drives. But they need to run it alot better and not get him killed he was getting hit nearly every play he passed on.

I know it was only one game but so far Ryans is the real deal and I love what I saw out of him today. Kendricks could of played a bit better. I know he had 2 picks and its one game but extend DRC NOW.
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:41 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Kendricks was out and around the ball fairly frequently, not as much as I expected, I noticed they rotated him out more frequently than Ryans on passing situations, but give him a little more time and he will start to make a bigger impact.

I was very happy with the play of the defense, everyone should be. Not only did Vick get TD drives in key situations when we needed them, but our defense got the big stops at key situations as well. Team defense as a whole was great all around. They did a great job stuffing one of the most talented runners in the league in Richardson (still needs to prove himself, though). It will be nice to see a little more pressure from our DL. The defense as a whole played great, so I would be willing to sacrifice a couple extra sacks for defensive dominance in every other aspect, like what happened with this game, but if we can get more consistent pressure out of our front 4, this defense could look much better as the season goes on.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The run defense was amazing. Totally put the clampers on Trent Richardson!

Secondary was key too, but it was Weeden afterall. I was so hoping you'd guys lose, but Vick pulled it off. You guys are the better team but I think some of my expectations that you'd guys easily win the division have lost some luster.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

A game like this is exactly what we needed. To get scared to death early in the season by a team that is not very good at all may open these guys' eyes a little bit.

Quote:
Old 09-10-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't think the team has that edge to them or that toughness. There is no identity with this team.

Giants- Eli Clutch in 4th, tough front 4.
49ers - Tough hard nose team all around
P. Manning teams- finesse passing team.
Lions - High Risk, High Reward.

something like that, wtf is this team?
Old 09-10-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I just don't think the team has that edge to them or that toughness. There is no identity with this team.

A ferrari with occasional engine troubles.

Quote:
Old 09-10-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post

Dysfunctional Excellence!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Soooo... what's your expectations for tomorrow? I really don't know what to expect. I could see them come out and flop or put on a real show tomorrow. I really have no clue what to expect.